SUNDAY, January 4th, 2009

Hey Guys! We had a great time in Sunday School today! If you missed then you really missed out! Well, onto the devotions!

Psalm 2

1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,
3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision.
5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

I love this chapter and the way it follows chapter one... in chapter one this morning (and yesterday) we talked about how the Godly is blessed and the ungodly will perish. The most exciting part about this chapter is how it reminds us that the ungodly will not be successfull in the end...

Many times it seems like those who live for themselves are happy, but this chapter reminds us not to be jealous of them because in the end they will lose. Verse 3 and 4 remind us that even though there are many people that want to see Christ destroyed from the face of the earth but the fact is that no matter how many people want Christ out of our schools, out of our pledges,, our of our public buildings, and out of our lives... the FACT is that Christ will be victorious in the end!! Think about verse 4... it is comforting to know that Christ is not sitting up in heaven mouaning and complaining about how bad the world is... instead He knows He will be victorious and He sits there laughing or mocking the foolishness of this world!!!

I definitely want to be on God's team!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it has been a long time but i am making my new years resolution to do my devotions more often. and pastor lee you will have to remind me a little please!
anyway...
i would like to focus on verse 8. in verse 8 it talks about how if you ask of the Lord and it is his will, he is going to give it to you. i can think of many experiences in my life that would relate to this, times when i have been so down in the dumps,but tried to keep my head up and thought that nobody cared but God always provided and seemed to lift me up!! thank the Lord for that!!!

see ya later!!

Godservant said...

I never thought of it that way, PL. I would think God would be furious with those sinners. I like hearing God is laughing at them. Heck, I would be laughing if I was God too!

Tylermon33 said...

sometimes it does seem like the people that live for themselves always have fun, but in the end they will perish if they don't believe in God and also sometimes the people that live for themselves that look like they are having all the fun are really looking for something else because they know something is missing from their lives and that would be God. we should never want to please oursleves (which is really hard to do), we should want to try to please God (which is hard to do if we are a christian and we aren't right with God). so really we should just try to please God and not ourselves.

FoOtBaLl XtReMiSt (cary) said...

it is kinda funny how it says god laughs at sin... i mean you think it would make him furious! but, it says here that the lord watches sinners with laughter...


wow.. i need to stop taking things so serious

Mallory B (basketball team) said...

There's some good stuff you can find in this chapter. I'm glad to know God is laughing at all those sinners who are against Him because of their foolishness. I find that funny and unexpected! We should want to be on Gods side because do you really want God laughing at you??? I know I don't and that's why we need to get right with Him and live our life for Him and not ourselves!!! bye everyone see y'all Wednesday!

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!