MONDAY, January 5th, 2009

Hey Guys! Great Job Yesterday! It was encouraging to see 5 of you do your devotions... there are still some teens that could join us, so if you know someone who should be on with us then give them a call today and remind them to do their devotions!!

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday:
Jessica B: I like that kind of resolution!! I will help you however I can!!
Michael: God definitely is still furious with sin... I think the idea is that our sin doesnt shake him, he is laughing with joy because He knows He has the victory!
Tyler: While I worked at the Wilds I always heard this quote and it really goes with what you said yesterday: "There are two choices on the shelf, Pleasing God or Pleasing Self"
Cary: Good to see you on here man!
Mallory: I am glad that you are coming Wednesday!! It will be a great time!!

Psalm 3
1 Lord, how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me.
2 Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah.
3 But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.
4 I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah.
5 I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me.
6 I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that have set themselves against me round about.
7 Arise, O LORD; save me, O my God: for thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the cheek bone; thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly.
8
Salvation belongeth unto the LORD: thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah.

What a great passage! Have you ever felt like the whole world was against you? Well in this passage the writer definitely had those feelings! He tells us that everyone is against him and they are all telling him that God will not help him!! Can you believe that!

That is the first thing that your attacker will do... because if your attacker can get you to doubt God then He will defeat you!! Do not believe Satans lies!! Trust God through and through!!

Well from verse 3 on we see how this writer did not lose faith in God... instead the writer TURNS TO GOD!!!!!! Verse 3 says that God is a shield and God lifts up our head when it is down... Verse 4 tells us that the writer "Cries out to God"

Well then we see something very cool... When you are stressed out about something it can be very hard to sleep for some people... Well the writer here explains, I cried out to God then I went to sleep, which means that He completely trusted in the Lord!!

Not only that, but when He wakes up he says: I could handle 10,000 people against me, BECAUSE I WILL NOT BELIEVE THEIR LIES... instead I WILL TRUST IN THE LORD!!!!

We too MUST trust in the Lord!!! Regardless of the opposition!!

6 comments:

Godservant said...

I feel like the world is against me all the time! How do you think I get through the day?! I have a friend, If I can even call him that, that always likes to try me, and makes fun of what I believe in, and of course, he's an atheist. The only reason I continue being nice to him, even when he's mean to me, is I think God is in his life. If he can see that I'm continually nice, he may see that God is real and come to Him. I know that really has nothing to do with psalm 3, I just carried on after I said, the world is against me, because whenever I say that, it always reminds me of that kid.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Why would ppl say that god isn't w/ you? i think they knew that god was w/ him they just tried to get him mad. i gtg. see ya!!

Bethany said...

I totally know how the writer feels when hes talking about the world being against him. But as we know God is always on our side. I think that is just such an amazing thing to think about. I think the best part is that no matter what God will ALWAYS forgive no matter what we do!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello!!! I am glad to be sticking to my resolution and i am glad you like it Pastor lee!

so in todays passage we see how some people think that God is not going to be there for them. I think that we see that a lot today and it is soooooooo unfortunate. when you think about that you relive that people that have a hard time believing that god is with them are probably going to have a hard time believing in god at all! i also think that if we see someone struggleing to believe, its our job as christains to encourage and pray for these people.


Pastor lee i know you said that psalms was oing to take a long time but i think it is worth it!!!

Anonymous said...

There once was a taxi driver and a priest. The priest took a ride in the taxi, and the taxi went out of control and both the priest and the driver died and went to heaven because they had Jesus as Savior. When they get there, Jesus gave the taxi driver a big mansion, like He said in His Word, and the priest only got a small shack with only a TV and a bed. The priest Questioned this, and asked Jesus, "Lord, why didn't I get a mansion? I preached your word in church." And the Lord God said, "My child, When you preached, you never had enthusiasm in it, and therefore, put the whole Church congeregation to sleep. When the taxi driver Drove his taxi, the people in the back seat prayed."

Anonymous said...

Who do you think wrote that joke above?

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!