WEDNESDAY, January 7th, 2009

Hey guys! Good to see you online again yesterday! Keep it up!

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday:
McCue!!!! Good to see you on here man! When are we going to hang out? How is school going?
Jake: yeah, those pretzels are delicious! Did you guys make them or buy them?
Jessica B: I will be praying for that Christian group after school... I thought that there already was a Christians group that you told me about?!?!
Michael: CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!! You were not first yesterday!! Wow! Go Bethany!! :)

Psalm 5

1 Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my meditation.
2 Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray.
3 My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
4 For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.
5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
6 Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.
7 But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.
8 Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face.
9 For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulchre; they flatter with their tongue.
10 Destroy thou them, O God; let them fall by their own counsels; cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions; for they have rebelled against thee.
11 But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.
12 For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.

This is a great passage about calling out to God even when you are surrounded by ungodly people. Verses 1-3 is Davids cry out to God... David says: HERE ME GOD!!! I will call out to you in the morning and I want you to hear my words!! That is powerful! The creator of the world, the most powerful being that exists is willing to hear our cry and LISTEN!!! Why dont we cry out to Him like we should?? We need to make prayer a priority... I know I am going through some struggles right now, and I have made Prayer more of a priority than I ever have before. I should pray like this all the time, not just when I need something!

As we continue reading: we see that verses 4-6 and 9-10 talk about the wicked man. These verses make it clear that GOD HATES SIN!!!! God HATES it!!! Because it severs our relationship with Him!! Think about it: God hates sin so much because it takes you away from Him!! We should hate sin too!!!

I love verse 11, let all those that put their trust in thee: REJOICE!!!! SHOUT FOR JOY!!!!! and LOVE THY NAME!!!!!

Lets do that today! Let's Rejoice, lets shout for Joy and lets love the name of the Lord by hating sin!!!!!

See you tonight!!!!

7 comments:

McCue said...

I don't have school until next week Pastor Lee lol Im pretty happy. This has been the longest vacation I've had in a long time It's sweet. I'm going to Orlando to camp on the beach with one of my best friends. Then I'm going to Aloma Baptist, my old church to say hi to a bunch of people plus I think I might be moving to Orlando next year. Anyway so I like where David starts out by saying "you will hear my voice in the morning"
Its a way I hope to start my days out more often. With prayer. Heh David says let the wicked fall by their own counsel this is so true. Yet there is hope for all if they just put trust in God.
-Michael McCue

Anonymous said...

This passage really shows me that the Psalmist is a lot like us. He is pretty much asking God to do in his life what we ask God to do in ours. The passage also really emphasizes the curse on those that choose to live selfishly and against God and those that choose to follow the Lord and the blessings that they have poured out on their lives. We can take so much comfort in this passage because we know that we have a faithful God. It reminds us so clearly that if we put our trust in the Creator, He will protect us and shield us.

Anonymous said...

I do that too. when ever i need sumtin i pray for it but i dont pray as much when i dont. i really need to think about that. See ya tonight!!

Godservant said...

What a dumb computer!!! I think Satan is messing with it today. He doesn't want me to post a comment! I just wrote everything I wanted to say, and I didn't touch ANYTHING and boom, it's gone!!!!!!! AHHHHH!! I'm so angry!!

Well, I think I said prayer mends you relationship with God, and what destroys your prayer life is sin. If you love the Lord, you sin less, and your prayer life is once again repared. I usually pray once a day. I should probably pray twice a day.

And PL, you never answered my question from yesterday. What does Selah mean?

Anonymous said...

I will leave a comment for Lee, hope he doesn't mind. He is like me, has so much on his mind at times he forgets......; )
Selah is a pause, rather like a comma and you don't need to speak the word if you are reading out loud.

Bethany said...

Youth Group was sooo much fun tonight! Oh and Pastor Lee, Im really ganna try to come to the get together on Monday at your house!! But I have Young Life too!!

Anyway....One of the best things about listening and obeying Gods word is also shouting out his name for everyone to hear no matter where you are! It is our job to spread Gods word!

Anonymous said...

Thanks "Anonymous"! Yes, Selah means to pause and think about what was just said...

The best definition I ever heard is: When you read Selah, say to yourself, "There! What do you think about that!"

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!