THURSDAY, January 8th, 2009

Wow! Last night was lots of fun! Thanks for coming and making it so exciting! We will definitely have just as much fun next week so make sure you come!

Dont forget these Announcements:

1. Think about a new youth group theme and logo so that we can unveil "the new face" of Suncoast Youth Group by the end of the month. What's in it for you? A REALLY COOL YOUTH GROUP NAME... and 30 bucks cash!!

2. Monday Night: 6:00pm. Meet at the church where we will then go to my house and plan the next quarter. If you want to have a say so in what is going on around here... then BE THERE!

Psalm 6

1 O LORD, rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure.
2 Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed.
3 My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O LORD, how long?
4 Return, O LORD, deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake.
5 For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?
6 I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears.
7 Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies.
8 Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for the LORD hath heard the voice of my weeping.
9 The LORD hath heard my supplication; the LORD will receive my prayer.
10 Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed: let them return and be ashamed suddenly.

This passage means more to me right now then it would have in any other time in my life!! David is writing here and it is VERY CLEAR that he is incredibly burdened. The crazy part is, As I was reading it, I was getting emotional because I understand what He is saying more than I ever have before. It is so powerful when He explains: I am weary with my groanings, I water my couch with my tears! He is hurting deeply!

Have you ever hurt like this? Well it is so wonderful to know verse 9 when you are burdened like this! The Lord hath heard my supplications, the LORD will receive my prayer!!! You are not alone through the darkest times... The Lord is with you! I am not alone through the darkest times, the Lord shall be a light unto my path!!

The last verse is a plea with God: God bring judgment on those that are causing this pain, it says "Let them be ashamed"... but I love the last phrase... it says: Let them RETURN and be ashamed!!

Even David in His darkest days wanted the wicked to return to the Lord... That is my desire as well! God help those who have fallen away RETURN TO YOU!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Behold, I am coming soon. Your pains and griefs will soon be over, My children. Look up into the sky with prayer and supplication, and you will not be ashamed. That will be the time I come to recieve you, and take you home, My beloved children, with whom I am well pleased.

Bethany said...

Wow, I know exactly what you mean Pastor Lee, by feeling lost like David in this passage.But God is always there and will NEVER leave us!


Oh and by the way reading the Jesus Christ quote above really hit me those are great words!

McCue said...

Oh I like that too. I pray for the people who have hurt me most. People I have loved and people that I can't deal with and people I no longer talk to or even true enemies. I try to pray for them even though it is hard. I ask God to let them hit rock bottom if need be but that they would be in His will. I've felt that pain before and it is so hard to realize that God will bring you through it. It feels like it might never get better. I just know that all who come through it will be stronger in the Lord. He shines a light at the end of that seemingly never-ending dark tunnel. Then you realize life has given you lemonade rather than lemons!!!

Godservant said...

Whoa Jesus was on our website, and acctually said something! Cool.

Its been a while since I've had a deep hurt like the psalmist( whose name I not sure of)had. I feel comforted knowing the One who Created us loves us as well and rather comfort us rather than Himself.

Anonymous said...

It was a happy day for him when he gave us our new lives, through the truth of his Word, and we became, as it were, the first children in his new family. JAMES 1:18 LB

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!