Tuesday, January 6th, 2008

Hey Everyone! Good to see you faithful on your devotions yesterday!!! Keep up the good work!

A FEW THOUGHTS FROM YESTERDAY:
JAKE: Good to see you on here man!!! Thanks for doing your devo's!
Michael: Hey man! I got your message last night! I would love to go out on the boat with you guys! Let me know which dates are available and I will tell you the best ones for us!! Thanks!
Jessica B: WAY TO STAY FAITHFUL GIRLFRIEND!!!! :) J/k So, did you get your Math homework done?? I hope so! Thanks for doing your devotions!!
Bethany! Good to see you on here keeping up with that New Years Resolution!! Hey!! By the Way: I never remembered that you made cookies for me!!! When did you give them to me? Well, I was in Carls room and I opened up the freezer and WOW!!! THERE THEY WERE!!! I whole plate of goodies JUST FOR ME!!!!! THANK YOU!!!
They were delicious! (Especially the chocolate covered pretzels and the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies!!!! YUM YUM!!!)


Psalm 4

1 Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.
2 O ye sons of men, how long will ye turn my glory into shame? how long will ye love vanity, and seek after leasing? Selah.
3 But know that the LORD hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the LORD will hear when I call unto him.
4 Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.
5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the LORD.
6 There be many that say, Who will shew us any good? LORD, lift thou up the light of thy countenance upon us.
7 Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased.
8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.

There is so much good stuff in this passage! One of the greatest reasons that I love the book of Psalms is because as I read each psalm I can relate to David so often... Here, David is calling out to God in a time of distress!! There are two phrases here that jump out at me!! I love where it says the Lord will set apart the godly for Himself!! Wow! God wants to reward those who choose to be Godly! God wants to set them aside because those who are godly are special and they will receive many rewards for their faithfulness!!

That is not my favorite part though: My favorite part is the first 6 words of verse 4: Stand in Awe and Sin NOT!!!

If we truly understand who God is and why we should obey Him then we will stand in Awe of His greatness and OBEY HIM!! Do you obey Him? Well if you dont, it is probably because you dont know Him!! If some very important person walked up to me and asked me to tie his shoelace, I would do it in a heart beat because of how special that person is... WELL!!! God tells us to do some things and we act like He is nobody!! We need to stand in Awe and OBEY God !!! The best way to do that is to get to know Him more by staying in His word!!!!

7 comments:

Bethany said...

Pastor Lee, Im glad you enjoyed the cookies....we brought them too you on Christmas Eve service but you werent there so we left them in the freezer!! Hope they were still good.


Anyway.. I love the book of Psalms its one of my favorites!Even though it is long it still has a great message.I feel that us as Gods children should not just obey God and follow his word but to respect him as a God, we should STAND IN AWE of him!!

Godservant said...

Standing in awe of God is my favorite thing to do. I just picture after Satan is defeated once and for all, Eternity will start. It amazes me that we will live forever and ever...and ever...and ever...and ever...and ever. It's such a cool thought our lives will NEVER end. It gives me joyous goosebumbs whenever I think about that. SAY AMEN IF YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!!!!

PL, you accedentally put 2008 again on the front page. Keep up with time.

And what does Selah mean?

Anonymous said...

You are sooo right about when you said someone famouse could wlk up to you and ask a a favor and do it instantly. this passage really caught my attention. i need to start thinking in awe of God instead of famouse ppl.



(p.s.- i like the chocolate covered pretzels too!! :)

McCue said...

yea the biggst thing that stood out at first toe me was verse 4 where he says Stand in awe, and sin not...
Great part of the passage but then I see here that David that God has put gladness in his heart while he is in grief even more than when his food and drink is increased. This is an invaluable lesson for me to learn through pain life becomes more full. Even in pain we can rejoice. Sometimes right as you are getting over a struggle or getting through pain you feel happier than ever before. I can't explain it except David felt it and it is inspired by God.
Then a great verse to let you sleep easy is verse 8 which let's you know that at the end of the day God is truly in control. I think my biggest problem is that I am afraid of inaction and so I have a hard time sometimes letting God control or guide me. But with this I can lay down in PEACE knowing that god will protect me not just physically but that he will guide me in the right direction and show me what is right.
-Michael McCue

Anonymous said...

Ya i got it done pastor lee!!! But now i have to read a whole book by THIS FRIDAY!!!!

i liked verse 7. in verse 7 they talk about how the lord has given them great gladness. but i thought it was kind of funny when they compered their joy to being more than the time that their corn and their wine increased.
but anyway i can relate because the lord has givin me plenty of things to be happy about. I am sooooo thankful for that!!!!!


see ya at church!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh and pastor lee I found a teacher in my school that was willing to start a Christain teens fellowship thing which is amazingly cool but administration still has to aprove our request! I don't think administration know how much this school needs God!!! but my point was to ask you to pray that it happens cause there are A LOT of people waiting for this and i think it would be such a great thing to lead some new people in the right direction!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i read my paper i am
so bless by nick hill

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!