FRIDAY, January 9th, 2009

Hey Guys! It is a good day to do DEVOTIONS!!! Hey listen there are about three of you who are already falling apart on that New Years Resolution!! KEEP IT UP!!! It is important to be in Gods word!!!

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday:

Ok, who is the fruitcake trying to be Jesus... Well we should all try to be like Jesus, but we dont need to make silly comments like: "I am Jesus" if you do... I will delete it. Thanks! :)

Psalms 7

1 O LORD my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me:
2 Lest he tear my soul like a lion, rending it in pieces, while there is none to deliver.
3 O LORD my God, If I have done this; if there be iniquity in my hands;
4 If I have rewarded evil unto him that was at peace with me; (yea, I have delivered him that without cause is mine enemy:)
5 Let the enemy persecute my soul, and take it; yea, let him tread down my life upon the earth, and lay mine honour in the dust. Selah.
6 Arise, O LORD, in thine anger, lift up thyself because of the rage of mine enemies: and awake for me to the judgment that thou hast commanded.
7 So shall the congregation of the people compass thee about: for their sakes therefore return thou on high.
8 The LORD shall judge the people: judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me.
9 Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins.
10 My defence is of God, which saveth the upright in heart.
11 God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.
12 If he turn not, he will whet his sword; he hath bent his bow, and made it ready.
13 He hath also prepared for him the instruments of death; he ordaineth his arrows against the persecutors.
14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood.
15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made.
16 His mischief shall return upon his own head, and his violent dealing shall come down upon his own pate.
17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.

Wow! This is a great chapter, but I must focus on 3 verses: Verses 11 through13 are SO POWERFUL!! Let me explain: It starts out by saying: God judgeth the righteous and is angry at the wicked everyday... Verse 12 explains that of the wicked continue in their wickedness, if they turn not... then God is getting His sword ready for battle, God is drawining his bow and arrow back ready to shoot...

Do you know anyone that is playing with sin... well if you do, God has that person in His sights and He is ready to bring him down like a deer that is brough down by the hunter.

God is serious about sin, and we need to be serious about staying away from sin!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This passage is powerful!!!! All I have to say is I don't want to live a wicked lifestyle and those that are had better look out!The Lord is so clear in this passage about the consequences of sin! It talks about how the Lord has His sword and arrow ready for the wicked. It is so powerful when it says that the wicked literally dig a hole for themselves and are so blinded by their sin that they fall in!

On the contrast this passage really encourages those that are living godly. It repeats over and over how those that put trust in the Lord will be delivered from those that are after them.

This passage also shows the joys of following the Lord's plan. David here is obviously going through a hard time, but he is able to conclude this passage by saying how he had joy and how it is directly from the Lord and what He has done for him...we serve an awesome God!

Godservant said...

This passage has some powerful stuff! And of course, what passage doesn't have good stuff?! It seems like the really evil people, like Satan, just have so much pride in defeating God that they don't see that its IMPOSSIBLE to defeate God. Then why do the sin-filled people even try? because their sin blinds their thinking, like Katie said. Stay away from sin, like PL once said, "sin makes you STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!!"

Okay, I was the fruitcake that was Jesus yesterday. I've just ALWAYS wanted to do that.

weird high school kid said...

Yo yo yo what up party peeps. Sorry I haven't been on in like forever. I've been selfish and taking the precious time god has gracefully given me to be able to do my devotions and using it for myself.

So anyways I'm down here in miami in a hotel with my new laptop, and I just pulled off a great trick, proving that I am a great and dramatic actor. Dr. Kenny my principal came down with us for our competition and he's a comedian and hypnotist. Well he chose me to be one of his guniea pigs for hypnotism. So now everyone thinks that I'm under a trance of I think that the number 6 doesn't exist, that having 2 different shoes is the new fad of 2009, I can't remember my room number, I got a $500 dollar bill in a dance contest, My first naame is Mitsuhide, and that I'm a fit hot sexy champion body builder.

Devotion time.!.!.! YAY
Wow the first part is quite interesting how it says hey lord save me please from my enemies, unless I have done you so wrong that their persecution is what I deserve. Give me the judgement that I deserve. For verses 11 through 13 oh my depravity! These make god seem like a vicious beastly warrior. He judges the righteous and is ticked with the wicked all the time. if god didn't turn his head from all the evil he would have his sword whet, sharpened, and his bow pulled and ready. God seems like Legolas + Aragorn + Gandalf + epicly awesome and God like all smashed together in one.

Oh well I'm tired and have to go now so goodnight everyone.

BYE-BEE

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!