SATURDAY, January 3rd, 2008

It is 7:20 and I am sorry for posting the devotions so late today, It has been a very busy day... It all started this morning at 6:40 am when I jumped out of bed and ran to mens prayer breakfast... (speaking of... I would encourage any of you teenager guys to spend the night with me next month on the first friday of the month and then go to Mens prayer breakfast with me!! That would be lots os fun) then after that I began a long day of running errands and working at the church... Finally, when I finished I took Katie out on a date and then we went and got Will a car seat, and now I am at home, doing devotions and watching FOOTBALL!!!!

Well, we are at the beginning of a New Year and I need to figure out where we are going to study next... I think we will begin in Psalms... I think we will do portions of psalms at a time... otherwise we will be in the book of Psalm for half the year!!

Psalm 1

1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
4The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
5Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
6For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.


There are two men in this passage that David writes about... the Godly and the Ungodly!!!

Which one are you? Well, the passage makes it clear that the Godly will be Blessed and the Ungodly will perish: which means to die for eternity (in Hell)...

Which would you prefer? Blessings, or Hell? This passage makes it so clear! I want to strive to be Godly! I want to be blessed! There are two things I need to do if I am going to be Godly...

1. STAY AWAY FROM THOSE WHO WILL PULL ME AWAY FROM GOD!!!!
Blessed are those that do not walk near the ungodly!! We must stay away from those that seek to draw us away from God.

2. DELIGHT IN THE WORD OF GOD BOTH DAY AND NIGHT!!!!!
If I want to be Godly I must be in the Word of God!!! Faithfully!!!

3 comments:

red head said...

hey pastor lee it's josh sandefur


this passage is tslking about the way ungodly people pull godly people away from god and they just want you go to hell

Pastor Lee said...

Hey Josh!!! Good to see you on here man!! You should keep coming on even though you are over at South Biscayne now... Devotions are always a good thing to do!! :) We miss you guys! Thanks for coming back on doyourdevotions.com

Mallory B (basketball team) said...

hey im finally back on doyourdevotions.com! I still wish we could get more ppl back on here. there being so few is kind of how i drifted away. but thats no excuse! anyways...

this passage is telling us about how godly people will be blessed and ungodly people will perish. as Christians we should always try to do the Godly thing and choose the right friends and people to hang out with and be around. We cant let them pull us away from God and if you hang out with those people thats what will happen. So I need to be careful who I choose to be friends with and I also need to be in the Bible and doing my devotions, staying faithful and Godly!!! c ya tomorrow bye!

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!