WEDNESDAY, January 28th, 2009

hi guys! There were not too many people on yesterday! Sad! Well, lets get going! There is a new pole on the side of the main page... this is to figure out what we want to do for our next reward activity... make sure you vote in the pole!

Psalm 21

1 The king shall joy in thy strength, O LORD; and in thy salvation how greatly shall he rejoice!
2 Thou hast given him his heart's desire, and hast not withholden the request of his lips. Selah.
3 For thou preventest him with the blessings of goodness: thou settest a crown of pure gold on his head.
4 He asked life of thee, and thou gavest it him, even length of days for ever and ever.
5 His glory is great in thy salvation: honour and majesty hast thou laid upon him.
6 For thou hast made him most blessed for ever: thou hast made him exceeding glad with thy countenance.
7 For the king trusteth in the LORD, and through the mercy of the most High he shall not be moved.
8 Thine hand shall find out all thine enemies: thy right hand shall find out those that hate thee.
9 Thou shalt make them as a fiery oven in the time of thine anger: the LORD shall swallow them up in his wrath, and the fire shall devour them.
10 Their fruit shalt thou destroy from the earth, and their seed from among the children of men.
11 For they intended evil against thee: they imagined a mischievous device, which they are not able to perform.
12 Therefore shalt thou make them turn their back, when thou shalt make ready thine arrows upon thy strings against the face of them.
13 Be thou exalted, LORD, in thine own strength: so will we sing and praise thy power.

This chapter is a great praise chapter about our King. There are several key thoughts about how great our God is... personally I love verse 2 where it says: Thou hast given Him his hearts desire... God put a desire in his heart... God has done the smae thing in my life. He has put a desire to serve Him full time in ministry! I never had the desire to do this job when I was growing up, It was only when I surrendered to the Will of God that He placed the desire to serve Him in my heart. I am so glad that He did!!! I never dreamed that I could be so happy!

Then I love verse 5 where it says: His glory is great in thy salvation!! God is glorified through our salvation!! It makes His sacrifice worth while! Have you ever done something or made something that people really did not care about? Well, think about how discouraging that can be!! When a soul dies withouth Christ, that must break Gods heart because God knows that the sins of that person were paid for, but they simply never accepted the free Gift of Salvation!!! What a shame!!

Make sure that the people you come into contact with understand the great price that Christ paid FOR THEM!!!!!

7 comments:

Godservant said...

I've witnessed to many of my lost friends of mine, but only one came to Christ. ONE!!! Out of like, 30. But That one prayed the sinners prayer, and thanked me twice saying he felt different, connected. I should have told him to thank God, but I just started growing in my faith.

Anonymous said...

Wow yah it totally breaks my heart when i know someone died and didnt except Christ. then i feel even worse because i never witnessed to them...:/
but when my friend spent the night she accepted Christ so thats good!
And the whole desire thing...i mean sure all of us will have a desire to do something for god one day, he just hasnt told us yet and if he did we probably didnt listen..i mean were teenagers and we dont really listen to anyone!

McCue said...

Now I do have a question here because it sounds like David is praising God for blessing his(David's) rule as king. This is where we see the lion heart of David. The Lord gave him a heart to serve him and blessed him with leadership. Top line blessing- King
Bottom line responsibility- To serve with the heart for God. Verse 9 grabs my attention. "Thou shalt make them as a fiery oven in the time of thine anger: the Lord shall swallow them up in his wrath, and fire shall devour them."
So if we are in his will our enemies WILL be destroyed one way or another by a God who protects his children. I got my calculator back btw. The guy that I thought hated me and stole it tried to find me but turned it in to the professor. Praise God! see trust His will he will provide.
-Michael R. McCue

Tylermon33 said...

one of the verses that I liked was verse 4 when it said that-he asked life of thee, and thou gavest it him-I like that becasuse he just asked for it and God delivered. we can ask God for things in prayer and He will give us those things if we need it or if it is in His plans for us, but if He doesn't give it to us or He doesn't give it to us right away we shouln't get mad because if God didn't give it to us then we obviosly don't need it at that time and He will give it to us when the time is right. so be patient when asking God for things because He might not give everything to us right away or at all but we still need to praise Him for everything He has done for us.



sorry about not being on the devos. in a while...last week was very busy with school work and basketball, and over the weekend me and my mom and my step dad and my brother went to Tampa to go to a Super Bowl party kind of thing. and if you watch nfl network on satelite then you will see something called the nfl experience at the arena that the Super Bowl is being played at, and the only reason we went is because my step dad is a steelers fan and they made it to the Super Bowl...it was sooooooooo cool.

Daemis WolfBorn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daemis WolfBorn said...

I had to pull out my bible and read this is New American Standard because your version has way to many thou's in it.

Anyways, God gave us the best gift that could ever be often and that is salvation. There is no other gift better than being saved. It can not be broken. When I was reading this it reminded me of the song "For he has made me glad" I think thats the name of the song. Through the lovingkidness of God everything is possible.

When did we ever have a website for our devotions I never knew this till tonight. I swear....

~Mr.David G. Deller
A.K.A The blue guy.

Oh yeah nice typo Pastor Lee. "God has done the smae". Nice.

Daemis WolfBorn said...

Bah I made a typo too..Oh well were human!

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!