MONDAY, January 26th, 2009

Well today is another beautiful day to do our devotions! To spend time with God in His word!! that is some pretty exciting stuff!!

Psalm 19

1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
6 His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
8 The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
11 Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.
12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.
13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.
14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Three main parts about this passage jump right off the page at me... first, I love the first several verses. They talk about how the heavens (the night sky), and the firmament (the day sky) declare the glory of God. It does not matter what language you speak, it doesnt matter where you are in the world... The sky alone tells us a testimony of how Great our God is!!!! The next time you feel alone, or you wonder where God is... look to the sky, look at the beautiful picture that God has painted for you, knowing you would look up right at that moment!!

The next part of this chapter that jumped out to me was verses: 7-11. When I was growing up we use to always sing a song that used these words... they are pretty powerful words...7, 8, and 9 are the verses and 10 is the chorus. Verse 11 is the bridge! It really is a pretty song, maybe I will teach it to you guys some day!! It is all about how great the word of God is!! More to be desired are they (the words of God) than GOLD!!!! Even MUCH FINE GOLD!!! and Gods words are sweeter than honey and the honeycomb!! I love that! Do I love Gods word more than Gold?

Finally, the last verse is one that we should all have memorized!! Let the words of my mouth and the meditations (thoughts) of my heart be acceptable in my heart Oh Lord, My Strength and My Redeemer!!!

One quick story and then I am done! It is great to memorize verses like this, because the Holy Spirit uses them to remind you whenever you are not obeying the verse... While I was at Summer camp one year I had to memorize this verse. Then I would go around camp doing what EVERY TEENAGE GUY DOES.... I would go check out all the girls... the funny part is that I could not get this verse out of my head, and the fact is when you have a verse on your mind that reminds you to ONLY THINK ABOUT GODLY THINGS... it is hard to think about somthing inappropriate... Let me put it this way: Maybe you have a problem with the words that come out of your mouth... Pray this prayer today and memorize this verse... Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart, be ACCEPTABLE in thy sight! O Lord! My Strength and my redeemer!!!!

He is our strength and He is our redeemer!!!! We should strive to please him with our thoughts and our words!!!!

4 comments:

Rachel☺; said...

Well im glad you told me what the firmamet was cause i would have had no clue. lol

So i like verses 8&9 where it reminds us that the commandment of the Lord is pure, the fear of the Lord is clean, and the judgement of the Lord is righteous.
If HE is the one with all the right answers, i dont know why we like to ask each other for advice;
im asking God next time.
Whatever HE suggests or commands we do will always be the right thing.

Godservant said...

I'm going to try to remember verse 14, it seems like one-of-those, once-in-a-lifetime verses, that is super important. But PL, it really isn't fair the way girls dress at school! they make it harder for us! I hate that! Its like cheating on a test. You are tempted to cheat on a test. The person to the left of you is covering their answers, meanwhile, the person right of you is waving their completed test paper in your face. Which one are you more likely look at and cheat off of? thats how I feel at school. I WILL REMEMBER THIS VERSE!!!!

Bethany said...

well, that is cool how the sky rejoiced Gods name!

It is hard to always keep your mind clean... but it is a great idea to just think of a verse, and quote it your mind in that hard time of thinking wrong!!

Also if you have a great relationship with God in prayer, that will help the way you think.

McCue said...

Ah yes. I love the beginning of this passage. So many times the world is chaotic or you are happy to see then end of a bad day. I look up at the night sky sometimes and just marvel at what is there. It stirs all kind of emotions in me and then I marvel at the emotions God has given me. It's all to his glory. Then there are some powerful words here where David begins to compare God's law with gold and honey. How powerful God's law is and David is right it IS perfect. In keeping of his law there is great reward. Then of course the last verse one could practically turn into a prayer verbatim It's just that good! I love it. I also like what Rachel had to say. He does have all the answers and we don't. It really is funny how sometimes we try to understand EVERYTHING or look to man for answers who aren't
perfect. I don't have the right understanding but I know someone who does and He's happy to help whenever I ask. ^_^
-Michael R. McCue

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!