TUESDAY, January 27th, 2009

Wow, I think it just hit me that we are in 2009!! Less that a year away from 2010!!! I am getting so old! Time is going by so quickly!! Well, lets not let time get away!! Lets do our devotions!!

Psalm 20

1 The LORD hear thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee;
2 Send thee help from the sanctuary, and strengthen thee out of Zion;
3 Remember all thy offerings, and accept thy burnt sacrifice; Selah.
4 Grant thee according to thine own heart, and fulfil all thy counsel.
5 We will rejoice in thy salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners: the LORD fulfil all thy petitions.
6 Now know I that the LORD saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand.
7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
8 They are brought down and fallen: but we are risen, and stand upright.
9 Save, LORD: let the king hear us when we call.

As I started reading this chapter I was not sure what to talk about... I mean, It is clearly a prayer to the Lord, by the writer. This prayer is one that talks about God being a protector, a shield, and a savior. All of which are very important, but we have already read those things in the Psalms... Although it is good and important to be reminded of these things, this morning I was looking for something new, something different than what we have been reading in the last few chapters... and I found it in verse 7.

While I was at the wilds, the staff sang a song called Some Trust in Chariots, and it was such an incredible song! Probably my favorite song that the staff ever did!! It was based off of this verse. Some people choose to put their trust in horses, others choose to pur their trust in horses, some choose to put their trust in money, some choose to put their trust in guns, some choose to put their trust in themselves, BUT WE WILL CHOOSE TO PUT OUR TRUST IN OUR GOD!!! That is so powerful! Think about it: Remember what happened to Pharaoh and his army when he put his trust in his horses and chariots? He was drowned in the Red Sea... Remember what happened to Moses when He put His trust in the Lord? He walked through the Red Sea on Dry Ground!! God will do the same powerful things for us today if we will just TRUST HIM!!!

There are tough situations that we deal with each day, but the truth is that If we want to make it through them, we too must trust in the Lord our God, and not in anything else!! Think about that today as you go about your day... look for ways that we tend to trust in our own strength instead of trusting in the name of the Lord our God!!

2 comments:

Godservant said...

I have some time before school to do devos today.

Trusting in things in our life IS WHAT LIFE IS ABOUT! Do you trust our government, do you trust what they do with your money, do you trust your friends, do you trust Pastor Lee (: do you trust God? Do you trust everything I said above, maybe only a few. Life is a test and trust, to see what side you are on in the the big sceame of things. If you trust your stocks when you get older, some days you will be alright, and some days not. If you trust God for the rest of your life, EVERYDAY you will be alright!!!

McCue said...

Couldn't agree more with P Lee. I was actually most interested with verse 7 as well. I personally try to do everything myself and when I make mistakes or when I'm not good enough or trust in my mind or what I've done too much I just get disappointed. Then I wonder why. I know why though; Has anyone else ever made a mistake or failed to do something perfectly? I'll bet. God doesnt!!!! HE DOES EVERYTHING FLAWLESSLY. It's awesome when you think about it and this means that we can trust in him for everything we don't do great. Every mistake we make or anything we fail at all we have to do is trust that he will answer our prayers and strengthen us in every aspect of our lives! It was funny yesterday I left my calculator in my chem class and either somebody stole it or the professor picked it up but when I went back for it 5 minutes later it was gone. I thought to myself dang it because of my forgetfulness and carelessness now I have to possibly pay another 120 dollars for a calculator how can I afford that. Then I got to thinking what if the person next to me stole it? If so maybe I could befriend them, witness to them, maybe they'll give it back. Regardless of the situation God will provide for me somehow, whether I find it or get money for a new one. God will provide as long as I trust he will so I am not worried. At least for this week my lab partner left his Ti-84 on the desk so I have a calculator for precalc until next Monday when I see him again. Right there God provided for me until such a time when I can get my calculator back.
Jesus is a friend of mine!
-Michael R. McCue

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!