SUNDAY, January 25th, 2009

Hey Everyone! I hope you were in church today! There was a great message in both the Sunday School service and the Main Morning Service! It was exciting! I think it was the best message that our church could have heard today. Brother John McCall will be speaking again tonight in the evening service so make sure you attend!

So, onto the devotions:

Psalm 18

42 Then did I beat them small as the dust before the wind: I did cast them out as the dirt in the streets.
43 Thou hast delivered me from the strivings of the people; and thou hast made me the head of the heathen: a people whom I have not known shall serve me.
44 As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.
45 The strangers shall fade away, and be afraid out of their close places.
46 The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted.
47 It is God that avengeth me, and subdueth the people under me.
48 He delivereth me from mine enemies: yea, thou liftest me up above those that rise up against me: thou hast delivered me from the violent man.
49 Therefore will I give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and sing praises unto thy name.
50 Great deliverance giveth he to his king; and sheweth mercy to his anointed, to David, and to his seed for evermore.

I am not too sure what the first few verses mean, but the last section is very clear: The Lord liveth, blessed be MY ROCK!!!! If you could stand on anything, you would probably choose to stand on something solid like a rock... Well this message is figurative, but it gives a great message: In life, what will you stand on? What truth will you stand on and depend on? If you want to stay standing, you better stand on the word of the Truth of God. Then verse 47 is incredible! It is GOD WHO DEFENDS ME, PROTECTS ME, and GUIDS ME... what a wonderful promise, I do not have to fear man, or what they might do to me, because God is ultimately in control!

See you tonight!!

2 comments:

Godservant said...

Isn't verse 46 a song we have played in church. I love that song! and it has a real truth to it as well. I don't know about anyone else, buti want to stand on a rock rather than stand in quicksand.

The next verse is saying that only God avenges us, not we avenge ourselves. If someone in school picks on you, then just remind yourself, that God will one day make that person pay the concequences.

Anonymous said...

Heyy sorry I wasnt at church today! but ill be there wednesday! so some versed that stuck out to me was of course verse 46
mostly because it is a song but it does have meaning to it! like everyone else said..i would choose to stand on a rock, and Jesus is our rock! hes always there showing us the way and protecting us!

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!