SATURDAY, January 31st, 2009

Wow, one month down (ALREADY!!!!) 11 more to go! (unless the Lord comes first!!)

I have so much exciting news! Katie and I are buying a new home! We are so excited! God has given us one of the best deals I have ever seen! Once again: WE ARE SO BLESSED!!!! Teens: Follow the Lord, and He will take care of you!!!

Psalm 23

1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.


Wow! This chapter is incredible! Have you ever heard it? Have you ever memorized it? Well, it is definitely one to add to the list! It is one of encouragement, comfort, and guidance. Lets read over it together!
God is my shepherd! He will take care of me! I will never "want" anything if I am focused on Him because He gives me everything and MORE than I need! He gives me comfort and guidance... He leads me to rest and to nourishment.
Verse 4 tells us that even though I am walking in the dark scary valley, I do not have to fear, because God will protect me. God feeds us and anoints us!! If I follow the Lord then Goodness and Mercy will SURELY BE A PART OF MY LIFE! Trust me!! I know!

9 comments:

Godservant said...

Pastor Lee, I thought you and Katie already bought the house that you are living in like a few months ago! Are you Rich?!

This passage seems familiar to me. Verse 3 is so true! Whenever I sin, it always hits me that I shouldn't have done that. And I always am happy and proud whenever I do a nice deed for someone. He truly does lead me down His righteous path.

Tylermon33 said...

this is probably my favorite chapter in the Bible because it was one of the first chapters I memorized and I was in 2nd or 3rd grade when I memorized it...well on to the devos.

this whole chapter is saying that if you follow God then He will take care of you and lead you down the right paths. the verse that I like is verse 4 because it is saying that no matter were you go God will be there with you taking care of you.

Anonymous said...

awh.. its like the greatest feeling ever to know that when you put your trust in God he does come through. to know that you dont have to be scared of anything cause he won't let something bad happen to you unless its in his will! but im sure a lot of people still get scared...but when you put your all in all in him...he'll do it back!

Anonymous said...

When it talks about walking through the valley of the shadow of death and it says that thy rod and thy staff comfort me i think it talks about how God gives us things that comfort us in kife maybe even things that are physically there. God can use anything to get through what ever it is that were going through!!!!!!!!!!

Pastor Lee i saw the pictures of ur house IT LOOKS SOOOOOO NIIIIICCCCCEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! But please dont keep Will's Room PINK!!!!!

McCue said...

Hmm this passage basically speaks for itself. I mean It's a phenomenal passage because it covers everything. The Lord is our shepherd, he guides us. He gives us everything we need. He teaches us and makes us at peace.(ahh I love peace.) He restores a sometimes downtrodden soul. No matter where we are in life he can restore our soul and make us new. All righteousness we do is in his name I love this one because when I ask God to help me make wise decisions and do the right thing in every situations and even to make me succeed I ask it knowing that when answered I will claim nothing for myself but know that everything is for HIS glory :). It finishes with an exceptionally happy phrase. "...I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever." Incredible when you think about it. Never will the Lord leave my side and Never will I be away from him again, not as his child. When we die we will rejoice for eternity with the unfathomable goodness that Christ has given us.
-Michael R. McCue

Daemis WolfBorn said...

Yeah I have been lazy told myself I was going to get back int this and I missed 2 days. *slaps himself in the face* Time to get my Devo face on!

Wow I really loved this chapter. Verse 4 reminds my of the book Pilgrims Progress when Christian walked through the Valley of Shadows and he feared not the demons that were ahead because the Lord was with him. And the armor he had one represented the armor of God.

"Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

"Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.

"And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints...." ~ Ephesians 6:10-18 My favorite verses in the bible.

Daemis WolfBorn said...

NOO I WAS SO CLOSE TO BEATING YOU MCCUE!!! =(

McCue said...

David is awesome anyway ^_^

Daemis WolfBorn said...

Pastor Lee im sorry for the triple post but I need a ride to church in the morning! =D I know you love being a taxi!
Call my cell ill wake I promise.

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!