THURSDAY, January 29th, 2009

Hey Ya'll, I hope you will be faithful in your devotions today! I am excited about spending time with you guys next week! Hey, If I want to throw together a "Man Vs. Wild" activity for the guys next week, who would be interested? Let me know!

Psalm 22

1 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?
2 O my God, I cry in the day time, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.
3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.
4 Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.
5 They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.
6 But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.
7 All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,
8 He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.
9 But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts.
10 I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.
11 Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.
12 Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round.
13 They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion.
14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.

Today, I want you to take a second and imagine what it would be like to truely be seperated from God like we read her ein this passage! Shouting out to God!! MY GOD!! MY GOD!! WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME!! Can you imagine the pain, the loneliness if that were your story? The fact is, you will never be able to honestly say that if you have accepted Christ as your savior! God will never leave or forsake you!!! This Psalm has a familiear tone to it... do you know why?

It is horrible to imagine being abandoned by God Himself!! It is scary! But the fact is that while Christ was on the cross, He said these same words!!! As Christ took upon Himself the sins of the world, God the father had to look away! Can you imagine the loneliness that Christ felt on the cross as he paid for the burden of our sin!!! What a great God we serve!! I am so thankful that He was willing to endure affliction like we talked about last night in church!! And He endured it FOR MY SAKE!!! Thank you Lord!!

This whole chapter is really tough! As I read it, I find myself saying: I never want to have it as rough as this person, but the fact is this person who had it so bad was Jesus Christ, and He had it so bad because of My Sin!!! I want to avoid sin AT ANY COST!!!! I do not want to hurt Him, my savior!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny, whenever there isn't a reward trip coming up there is like only 2 or 3 people on here, HOWEVER, when there is, like 10 to 15 people come on. Then after the reward trip, it dies down again. PL wants people to do devotions 24/7, even when there isn't a reward trip coming up. I pray that this time, we will have more regular faithful people on here after the reward trip.

-A concered friend of God through Christ's blood.

Godservant said...

Its amazing to see that your God is the one who loved you so much, he'd rather die for you then destroy you with His wrath. Like in forein countries and countless ages ago the ancient gods (that are fake) only liked to cast their spells on poeople, or show off their power, but they NEVER did ANYTHING for you except create you (thats if they were real). We have an awesome God that does anything for us, including saving us from our sinful desires.

Anonymous said...

Instristed in man vs wild activity

McCue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
McCue said...

I like this passage because although the former part of it talks a lot about being forsaken; but in the end there is hope. There are bits and pieces of hope scattered throughout the passage just to let you know that although sometimes it feels like we are abandoned we aren't and that God has delivered his children time and time again. verse 4 "Our fathers trusted thee: they trusted and thou didst deliver them." verse 6 and 7 David again talks about how he feels surrounded by evil and people who hate him. Then in verse 9 more hope is found but more importantly verse 11, "Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help."
It really is cool that all we need to do is trust that God will deliver us, help us make right decisions, and make things better for us. When we trust that he will and seek his will everything gets brighter!
I would very much be interested in a "SURVIVORMAN" activity The Canadian Guy is so much cooler. ^_^
-Michael R. McCue

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!