FRIDAY, June 13th, 2008

Well today we are out in the middle of the wilderness. We are at the youth camp area at Myakka State Park. Here is the Schedule for the day today:

7:30a - Breakfast
9:00a - Devotions
10:00a - Drive to Canoe Rental
10:30a - Canoe
12:00p - Lunch on the River
12:45p - Finish Canoeing
4:00p - Drive back to camp site
5:30p - Eat Dinner
7:00p - Free Time
8:30p - Skits by the fire
11:30p- Lights out... wait there are no lights!!

Well we will be doing our devotions out at the campsite, so if you want to study the same passage that we are looking at Then read this passage below!

John 6:60-71

60 Therefore many of His disciples, when they heard this, said, “This is a hard saying; who can understand it?”
61 When Jesus knew in Himself that His disciples complained about this, He said to them, “Does this offend you?
62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before?
63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
64 But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him.
65 And He said, “Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father.”
66 From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more.
67 Then Jesus said to the twelve, “Do you also want to go away?”
68 But Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.
69 Also we have come to believe and know that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
70 Jesus answered them, “Did I not choose you, the twelve, and one of you is a devil?”
71 He spoke of Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon, for it was he who would betray Him, being one of the twelve.

What a great passage! Some people will choose to follow Christ, and some people will choose to go astray. I think that years from now, the people who choose to follow Christ will receive the fruit of the decisions they make. But those who go astray will suffer the consequences of thier sin.

Many turned away but only twelve stayed faithful... and truely: Even one person of those 12 would betray Christ.

Dont betray Christ. Make your theme the words that Peter said: "Lord, To Whom Shall We Go?"

7 comments:

FoOtBaLl XtReMiSt (cary) said...

NICEEEE!......... first! basically this entire passage tells us about the disciples and their diligence about following god. but theres always that one downer.... judas escariot...

PEACE

McCue said...

Hi guys really wish I was with you so I could teach pastor lee how to throw glowsticks hah. Anyway so you know how some preachers just straight up preach the word people might get agitated and leave the church well jesus does that here and some of his discilpes leave.
But the 12 apostles stayed because they knew that he is the way. Alright gotta rehearse peace peace

tricia said...

Ok, I finally decided to get on here and do this, don't know why I didn't do it earlier.

I think that the 12 disciples showed their loyalty to Jesus by staying with him. They realized that He was Christ and knew that what He had to say was life. "Did I not choose you, the twelve?" He reminds us that were chosen by Him. Thats very cool to think about, that like the disciples, we also have been chosen.

Jessica M said...

Heyyy all you little campers!! Having funn w/o me? Not possible hahaha....

I made up yesterday's devos I can't believe I forgot DUMB!!! :)

Want to know what I got out of these passages...sure>>
Today this seems to always happen! What I mean is, many people start out the Christian life and seem to do very well for a while, but then they drop out of sight and nobody knows what happened to them.
Christ talks about how from the beginning of time HE knows who will believe and who will betray? Which one have you done? :/ Scary huh? But it doesn't have to be...if we believe than Christ will bless us and give us eternal life after we die. And this is why HE said; "No one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father."
Jesus is asking, does your heart say, "Lord, to whom can I go? I know that I need to learn that I don't always understand, I can't always figure HIM out, I don't always like what HE does, but Lord, to whom can I go?" That is the heart that HE is looking for.
But if your heart is like Judas, centered in yourself, opposed to everything that God wants to do in your life, than you are the betrayer not the believe!


Hope any vicious creatures don’t eat you guys!

Good Luck….hahaha


Jessica

Anonymous said...

i LOVED this passage 2day PL=]

Christ chose Judas(the 1 who's gonna betray him) KNOWING he WOULD!!!Just as Christ chose us knowing we're not perfect & are gonna slip up along the way...

Peter& simon are wise & UNDERSTAND that Christ is the real deal & that they have NO NOE else 2 go2 cuz he IS the GREAT & ALL powerfull & the "bread of life"& can be clensed & saved by none other than HIM...

They stayed even as a MASS proportion of ppl left cuz Christ wouldn't do any more "tricks"& decided 2 not believe...

It shows MUCH strenghth in the deciples 2stay...it demonstrates their commitment 2 Christ=]

We talked about(at camp) WHY Christ chose Judas even though he'd betray him...ask Pastor Lee about it cuz it's REALLY interesting!!!=]=]=]

********************************************************************************************************************************************

k well i've been up on my feet helpin my mom w/LOTS of stuff & this is the FIRST chance ive had 2do something 4 my free time=]

k well...i gotta finish cleanin up my feet(attempting2do @the same time)...they're ALOT worse than what every1 say... my right ring toe is split open in 2 spots & i can pull the skin back*gags*& ive got a gash in my left foot...PEROXIDE ISNT supposed 2 sting...they lied cuz those 2 spotS REALLY BURN!!!!!!!!!!!

Shower time!!! ba-na-na-na da-na

Tylermon33 said...

this starts out by the disciples saying that they don't get what Jesus is saying and it is very confusing. so Jesus says dose this offend you (sarcastically). so after that Jesus says the people who believe me stay with me and the people who don't believe me leave me, and after all that there were only 12 people left with Jesus and still one of them would betray Jesus and that was Judas. so we can choose to either be with God or not it is our choice, but i would rather be with God.

Amy :) said...

Diligence of disciples toward Jesus and that Jesus chose them (12 disciples) He could have chosen 20 other people to be the 20 disciples but nope.. He chose the 12 disciples that r mentioned in the Bible.

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!