WEDNESDAY, April 15th, 2009

See you all in church tonight!


Psalm 32

1 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
2 Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.
3 When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.
4 For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.
5 I acknowledge my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.
6 For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.
7 Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.
8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.
9 Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee.
10 Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about.
11 Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.



Cool. Verse 10 is the one that caught my eye the most. This morning when I was watching the news, they had like about 20 teens and their parents, and the teens were doing something in school called sexting. You all have an imagination, I'm sure you can figure out what that means. Anyway, the teens all got caught, and they were on the morning show, all sorry about the bad thing they did, but I said to myself "these teens wouldn't be sorry and guilty if they had Christ in their life and were following Him." See, we don't feel sorry for ourselves because WE NEVER DID SEXTING, BECAUSE WE HAVE CHRIST!!!I just thought they were very dumb to do such a thing, but at least now, they will learn from their mistakes and never do it again and maybe follow the Lord. See there you go, Christ can turn a wicked sinner into a rightious man by His blood. This situation just proves if your a wicked sinner, you feel sorrow, but If you follow Christ, you won't even consider doing such a thing, BECAUSE YOU HAVE CHRIST!!!

-Michael

8 comments:

AngelWings said...

Amen to this passage. Verse 10 relates to what I am seeing at school more and more.-teens falling into sins and just troubled by everything because they don't have Christ in their lives. I have seen so many troubled teens in these past few days, so many that you have to stop and think, 'Am I the only one who knows Christ?' (If you see lots people falling into sin, seemingly at the same time around you, you'll know what I mean) Sometimes you'll feel like the only one who is on the rock of salvation that Jesus has given you, but there are so many believers out there who have found Christ as their Savior. I've heard someone say "Well, if you are a teenager, you are at the point of your life where you want to try new things so go for it," but that, now-a-days can be a terribly BAD THING- especially when you are not with Christ! I want to start praying more and more that people who are sinners or those following the sinners will find The Lord,-they'll find true joy from Jesus. So if we just pray for those who need the word of God, The Lord can save them from all sins and help them become obedient followers of his word. Even pray for those who are mean to you or those you don't take a liking to. Verse 7 says that when we are around all sins or sinners, The Lord will be our compass, guiding us in the right path. Mercy shall compass us if you trust in him.
*I really, really, needed to hear this passage tonight!
~Victoria

AngelWings said...

wow, I wrote quite a bit..:)

♥Music♫GivesMeLife♥ said...

Verse 5 caught my attention while I read through this..."I acknowledge my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah." I honestly don't know what Selah means, but it sounds like a sort of conclusion to me. Anywho, this person is confessing his sins to God, which is what everyone SHOULD do! And guess what it says next? God forgave him!! This is how great the Lord is. If you truly want to get rid of your sins, He will forgive you, no matter how bad it was. Although you shouldn't do it on purpose. We all make mistakes, but don't take advantage and keep doing them when you know it is wrong. If you are sincerely sorry, you won't do it again.. "Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee." I think this is saying something along the lines of that we shouldn't be sort of...captives, I guess would be the word...we should be OPEN about confessing our sins and our relationship with God! We should be proud! We shouldn't be hiding, or scared, of the Lord, we should just respect Him, obey Him, and believe in Him. Have faith in Him. "Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about." Like I said in my previous devotion, I believe, God rewards the ones who truly believe and have faith in Him! 'Many sorrows,' bad things, will happen to those who do not believe! They have to pay for their sins. And the last verse simply says that we should be rejoiceful and happy and proud and glad that we have a God as good as ours. He does so much for us, He helps us out, He gives us strenghth, I could go on and on, but He is our 'rock,' like another previous passage said.
What Michael was saying, I heard about that! I think it's disgusting, and people are stupid for doing such a thing. Why would you go out with someone when they won't even like you unless you show them a 'picture' of yourself? but anyway, that's a different story. So yes, I completely agree with what he said. If you really have Christ in your life, you wouldn't want to do those types of things. and they probably are only apologizing because they got caught. I admit, I've done that before, too, but mostly when I was younger. and this is an example of why I want to get OUT and get away from high school. from stupid people like this.
......

NO VICTORIA YOU BEAT ME!!!!

FoOtBaLl XtReMiSt (cary) said...

I am amazed at how stupid people are.. sexting?? really?? get a life perv. but pl. was right.. they wouldve had a different mind set on the idea if christ was involved they would probably have considered that this is probably something that christ really didnt like. but.. they were dumb and did it anyway

AngelWings said...

Haha! Just Kidding:D I agree completely with what you said Emily, I can't wait to get out of high school-one more year till graduation! And to follow God's word and to praise him because he has given us so much! I Love God!

Jake B. said...

i think u have a point. if you have Christ in your life, u wouldn't be doing those things and so u would be guilty and u wouldnt get caught for something u do. if i lost u there, i am srry!! :) i think this is a great passage, it apply's to me so well. ppl at my school wonder why they are getting in trouble when they did something terrible. ITS BECAUSE THEY DONET HAVE CHRIST IN THEIR LIVE. WE NEED TO TELL THEM ABOUT GOD!! thanx for picking this passage! it really cought my attention! see u all at church sunday!!! :)

♥Music♫GivesMeLife♥ said...

Thank you Victoria! :) and I have two years!
:( luckyyy lol

McCue said...

Acceptance is the first step yeah? Well we justify, we deny, we lie, we make excuses all to convince somebody that we weren't in the wrong. Check it out when we don't hide our sin and confess it when we are HUMBLE-man it is amazing how much comes back to humility- we get passed these sins faster and are blessed. This is exactly what David is talking about. Don't hide sin, be transparent so people can hold you accountable. I needed the next part right about now.
Have you ever felt like a torrent of swirling emotions? Rage, sorrow, passion, pride, joy, or a combination of them all? yea I'll bet you all have. Well these are ok but when we feel like some of these confide in the lord. Verse 7 says "Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance." I was having a terrific day. David, Alex and I got Cici's pizza then rented X-men legends II, I got to try a new recording program. Yet something I wasnt ready for happened and I had even prayed for it. Be careful what you pray for. All the sudden my I start getting mixed up feeling like there is trouble coming. This verse reminds us that the Lord is our REFUGE in stormy weather. PRAY ABOUT EVERYTHING. At some point I said to myself, "man I dont feel so hot I need to be talking to the Lord." He will be our guiding light.
To close it out with a synopsis David says to be glad in the Lord all ye UPRIGHT in HEART.
Probably nobody is going to be able to read this It's too late. Anywho thank God.

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!