MONDAY, April 13th, 2009

Hey guys! How was school today? I am sure it was sad to go back after a solid week off! Well, onto the devotions for the day!

Psalm 31

1 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness.
2 Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me.
3 For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.
4 Pull me out of the net that they have laid privily for me: for thou art my strength.
5 Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth.
6 I have hated them that regard lying vanities: but I trust in the LORD.
7 I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
8 And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy: thou hast set my feet in a large room.
9 Have mercy upon me, O LORD, for I am in trouble: mine eye is consumed with grief, yea, my soul and my belly.
10 For my life is spent with grief, and my years with sighing: my strength faileth because of mine iniquity, and my bones are consumed.
11 I was a reproach among all mine enemies, but especially among my neighbours, and a fear to mine acquaintance: they that did see me without fled from me.
12 I am forgotten as a dead man out of mind: I am like a broken vessel.
13 For I have heard the slander of many: fear was on every side: while they took counsel together against me, they devised to take away my life.
14 But I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my God.

I love this passage that reminds us over and over that God is our Rock... it seems like there are so many times in our lives when the ground we stand on is shakey. It seems like we go through storms in life and we can understand exactly what Peter felt like as he walked on the water and quickly sank because he took his eyes off the Lord.

Well, we are reminded that we too will sink unless we stand on the rock of our salvation! The Lord Jesus Christ! He is our rock! It reminds me of the song we sing with the praise team: "Made me glad"

The words say: I will bless the Lord forever, I will trust Him at all times, he shall deliver me from all fear, he shall SET MY FEET UPON A ROCK!!! AND I SHALL NOT BE MOVED!!

I'LL SAY OF THE LORD! You are my strength, my shield, my portion, deliverer, my shelter, strong tower... my very present help in time of need!!

I am thankful for My Rock!!

7 comments:

Godservant said...

I am thankful for my rock too! What a coincidence! if you are thankful for your rock too everyone, say amen! Seriously SAY IT! come one you know you want to....

Anyway, PL made a good point-*-(of course, because he has been trained in the art of serving Christ) ha ha sounds like a form of martial arts-*-because our Rock (Christ) acts like a rock in the sense of He knows what is good for us, where if we trust ourselves we go into a mess, and fall in it. Trust Christ for being your Rock! You know you want to!

Lucy;♥ said...

Wow thats is amazing. how God is always there for us, he is always there to catch us when we fall. fi we really do have him in our hearts then he will always show us the right path to go through. he will never let us fall. and if he does its because we faded away from him, and hes just trying to get us back to him. cause we are nothing without him, and we can't stand on our own without him.. we can think we can, but we can't.

Tylermon33 said...

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my favorite verse was verse 1 when it says-In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed-that is so true. never be ashamed of believing in God...NEVER. people may say to you that you are weird because you believe in God but don't let that bother you because you know were you are headed and they don't. so we should try to invite those kind of people to church or tell them about God so they can at least hear about Him and let it set on their heart so they might actually come to church. so never be ashamed of what you believe in (GOD) and stand up for what you believe in (GOD).


P.S. sorry I forgot to do my devos. yesterday...while I was laying in my bed almost asleep the devos. just popped in my head and I couldn't believe that I forgot to do them. well just letting you know that I did them today.

McCue said...

He considers our troubles and is merciful. hmmm Dude I have been bogged down with a lot lately and It's awesome but I am tired and I am never good enough for myself. Yet God knows where we fail and what we fail at. When we realize that we are flawed but he is merciful and he will "begin where we end" so to speak when we trust him to. About the cornerstone: it reminds me of that song "I will make mistakes I will face heartache BUT I WILL NOT BE MOVED." why because we stand on a rock for foundation; something that is concrete and unmoved. Praise God for that.

FoOtBaLl XtReMiSt (cary) said...

this passage remindes me of the song about the three guys that built houses on the beach.. 1 built on sand.. one built on... uh.. something else.. and one built on a rock.. and the rock came out successfull. god is our rock in our lives. we must establish our lives on the rock.. that is the only way we will have truly happy lives.

AngelWings said...

This passage is saying what Psalm 27 verse 5 is telling us "he shall set me up upon a rock."(one of my favorite sayings) God has set out a path to follow: His Words! and when we go astray from that, we can easily sink, just like Pastor Lee said because that Rock of salvation we are standing on is Jesus Christ who is saving us from slipping away or falling into sins. How great is that?? Amazing. We need to stay in God's word and on top of that sturdy rock that is keeping all of us stable, so we know that we are going in the right path, the path of God:D and I am so thankful for my rock of salvation-Amen!!

♥Music♫GivesMeLife♥ said...

Wow, this is cool. The Lord will always be there for you! Amen! lol
Whenever you need strengh, He will give you strength.
Whenever you need help when you are struggling through life, whether it be because someone doesn't like you, or you don't know which decision to make, etc., He will be there for you; you just have to trust Him. Rocks are strong and sturdy, they will not break. That is exactly how the Lord is, and we should use that fact to trust Him and have faith that He won't 'break.' He is not weak, He never fails, and He always will give what is best for us. No one can do everything on their own, we all need help sometimes. This is what the Lord is for. When no one else will help you, or you don't know what to do, call on the Lord, and He will lead you in the right direction. :)

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!