SUNDAY, April 12th, 2009

Wow you guys are amazing on these devos! Pastor Lee and I are proud! Keep it up!!!!


Psalm 30

1 I will extol thee, O LORD; for thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me.
2 O LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me.
3 O LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.
4 Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
5 For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
6 And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved.
7 LORD, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled.
8 I cried to thee, O LORD; and unto the LORD I made supplication.
9 What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit? Shall the dust praise thee? shall it declare thy truth?
10 Hear, O LORD, and have mercy upon me: LORD, be thou my helper.
11 Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;
12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.



This passage is telling us to praise God, because He has supplied our needs. One way He has supplied our needs is He made a way for us to live eternally forever with Him. Now, think about eternity for a second before you continue reading.............. Can you imagine......... living FOREVER *EVER* *EVER* *EVER* (*ECHO*) can you? NO! ITS INFINATE TIME IT NEVER ENDS!!!! WE CAN'T IMAGINE THAT BECAUSE WE ARE FINATE BEINGS. Now, whenever you can't imagine something, you get the perception that it is super awesome. That is definetly the case here. Just remember, if you start having doubts about what God has done for you, just think about eternity, it ALWAYS works!!

4 comments:

AngelWings said...

Praising God and telling others about him (like Paul did) is the best way to show that we love God and everything he does for us. Like verse 11 syas "Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing:" meaning when we are down or just lost about something, we can always turn to him and rely on his words and everything is more joyous around us than before. It's so amazing that God gives us the incredible opportunity to live FOR ETERNITY in heaven- Like Michael said, eternitys time is endless! I can remember lots and lots and lots-(and a trillion other times)where I am so immensly thankful that God was with me. Without the Lord, we would have failed at everything, so just remember what he has done for you. ESPECIALLY today, remember that Jesus Christ paid for our sins because of his love for us was so great and that's what has healed us:)
~Victoria

♥Music♫GivesMeLife♥ said...

So basically, he is thanking the Lord for protecting him from his enemies, healing him, keeping him alive in soul so that he can one day go to Heaven. He tells other people of the wonders of God, and how amazing and holy He is that they should worship Him as well. Paul(?) is saying that nothing can ever stop him from worshipping the one and only God. No one can tell him anything to hinder his relationship with God, he will always praise Him. He prays to the Lord to help him in his time of trouble, and when God finally answers his prayers, he rejoices! saying: "Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness..." this is actually my MySpace quote! lol.
and the last verse says that he will sing praise to and worship the Lord forever and ever, never ending, for eternity; and he is thankful for what the Lord has done for Him. "To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent." He will not be silent about his praise, he will make it known to the world that the Lord does wonders and should be worshipped. "O LORD, my God, I will give thanks unto thee forever." That's the perfect conclusion right there. He will never stop giving praise to the Lord, as long as his body shall live, and even after he dies, his soul will continue to worship the Lord.

FoOtBaLl XtReMiSt (cary) said...

PRAISE GOD. basically this passage in a wrap.. it describes to us how important it is to praise god and to tell other people how to get to heaven and the glory of it!!

Tylermon33 said...

this is saying that we need to praise God and thank Him for everthing He has done for us...and like Michael said "He has made a way for us to live forever" and to me that is definitely a reason to praise God and thank Him for giving us eternal life with Him in heaven. we need to also thank Him for sending Jesus to die on the cross so we could go to heaven with God because without Jesus we wouldn't be with God. that is also a reason for us to worship Him and praise Him forever.

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!