SUNDAY, January 11th, 2009

Psalm 9

1 I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works.
2 I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High.
3 When mine enemies are turned back, they shall fall and perish at thy presence.
4 For thou hast maintained my right and my cause; thou satest in the throne judging right.
5 Thou hast rebuked the heathen, thou hast destroyed the wicked, thou hast put out their name for ever and ever.
6 O thou enemy, destructions are come to a perpetual end: and thou hast destroyed cities; their memorial is perished with them.
7 But the LORD shall endure for ever: he hath prepared his throne for judgment.
8 And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness.
9 The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.
10 And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

6 comments:

Godservant said...

This passage goes to show that if the ungodly are currently having a good time, they won't after God judges them. It pays to live for God people!!!

Rachel☺; said...

So verses 9&10 Really make me think.
In certain troubles i want to run from God, when really i should run TO Him.
When i get ovewhelmed i tend to withdraw from the things i usually focus on most, i dont know why, and get all upset.
It reminds me here in verse 10 that i dont need to do that because not only is God a refuge in times of trouble, but the one who controls my struggles and wont ever forsake me as long as i trust Him.

Yeah im not in the greatest of moods lately, im working on it sorry if i made you mad Pastor Lee

Tylermon33 said...

this is saying that we should praise and worship God all the time even if the people we know or our friends look like they are having fun sinning when in the long run we will be the ones having fun not them. so we need to make the right choices when it comes to our friends and the decisions we make.

Anonymous said...

Yay Rachel's back! I'll pray for your "mood"

Anonymous said...

So my devotion is kinda like Rachel's but the verses that made me think was 2&3.
Like whenevr i have a bad time I should still praise God. Even when thats the last thing on my mind i should make it my first priority. Verse 3 isnt excatly the same as what it was translated to in my mind. in my mind i was thinking that i really need to start making God number 1 in my life. I've been hanging out with a lot if unchristian people and it got me thinking that now i'm really fading away from God. I don't really read my bible, i really don't have a desire to pray anymore and those are really important things in my life so now i realize that i need to "get a new fsce" like what do people see in me. do they really see that im a christian...those are things i've been asking myself alot lately. and i defiently need to put my life in God and not in this world. wow i got something completely different then what i was reading! haha=]

Anonymous said...

you guys are so great! I came on tonight not expecting anything! and I was blessed with Michael! (thanks for posting it for me man) I was blessed with Rachel's devotions (I hope you liked your song... of course I'm not mad! Thanks for forgiving me :) I was blessed by Tyler! (YOU SHOULD HAVE COME TO CHURCH TONIGHT) and Lucy!! Thanks for coming on girl, YOU BETTER COME TOMORROW NIGHT!!!

Thanks guys for beings such a huge encouragement to me!!

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!