Tuesday, January 13th, 2009

Hey Everyone! Last night was so much fun! Thank you everyone for coming! We got a lot of great ideas and also had time to have alot of fun! There were 17 teenagers and 20 people total. The living room was jam packed... but that was probably because there was a BIG PANDA laying across the middle of the living room floor... It was a little weird! :)

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday:
Jessica B: I am glad that you came back on... I will call and remind you if you want me to, but I usually feel like most teenagers get TICKED OFF!!!! at me when I call to remind them... just ask Alex :)
Michael: I talked with my sister and she said that she could not find a baby sitter while they were here, so she said not to worry about it... so now I am wondering if we can do it Friday instead... if not, that will be fine. I am sorry for making this so complicated!!! If we cannot do it Friday, then I will have to plan it for some other time because my sister will be in town that night and I would hate to ditch my company while they are visiting! Thanks man!
Jake: We missed you last night man!! I hope you did good on your test!
Mallory: I hope you did good on your test as well!!!... DID YOU??

Psalm 10
1 Why standest thou afar off, O LORD? why hidest thou thyself in times of trouble?
2 The wicked in his pride doth persecute the poor: let them be taken in the devices that they have imagined.
3 For the wicked boasteth of his heart's desire, and blesseth the covetous, whom the LORD abhorreth.
4 The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.
5 His ways are always grievous; thy judgments are far above out of his sight: as for all his enemies, he puffeth at them.
6 He hath said in his heart, I shall not be moved: for I shall never be in adversity.
7 His mouth is full of cursing and deceit and fraud: under his tongue is mischief and vanity.
8 He sitteth in the lurking places of the villages: in the secret places doth he murder the innocent: his eyes are privily set against the poor.
9 He lieth in wait secretly as a lion in his den: he lieth in wait to catch the poor: he doth catch the poor, when he draweth him into his net.
10 He croucheth, and humbleth himself, that the poor may fall by his strong ones.
11 He hath said in his heart, God hath forgotten: he hideth his face; he will never see it.
12 Arise, O LORD; O God, lift up thine hand: forget not the humble.
13 Wherefore doth the wicked contemn God? he hath said in his heart, Thou wilt not require it.
14 Thou hast seen it; for thou beholdest mischief and spite, to requite it with thy hand: the poor committeth himself unto thee; thou art the helper of the fatherless.
15 Break thou the arm of the wicked and the evil man: seek out his wickedness till thou find none.
16 The LORD is King for ever and ever: the heathen are perished out of his land.
17 LORD, thou hast heard the desire of the humble: thou wilt prepare their heart, thou wilt cause thine ear to hear:
18 To judge the fatherless and the oppressed, that the man of the earth may no more oppress.

This is such an incredible passage.... Do you understand the story line here... if not then read this first part and then go back and read the passage again... In verse 1 we see the writer saying to God... Hey God, Where are you????? Why cant I see you or feel you in times of trouble???? That is a fair question and one that you have probably asked before... I know I have. Well, keep reading... Fopr the next 10 verses (the verses in purple) the writer is talking about how powerful and wicked the enemy is... whether that be the enemies you face at school or the ultimate enemy, the devil himself. It goes on explaining to us that our enemy wants to destroy us, our enemy wants to murder us, our enemy wants to make fun of us!!!!!! Our enemy even lies to us as he did in verse 11 by saying: God doesnt hear you... God doesnt even care about your struggles!!! Ouch... Just when this writer may be feeling like he is at the lowest of lows He stops and thinks about the power of God. Then in verses 12 - 18 we see him ask God to ARISE!!!!! and LIFT UP HIS HAND!!! The writer simply turns to God and asks God to STOP LETTING THE WICKED RULE AND OVER RULE!! The writer says: You are the King Lord, Please destroy the enemy so that I can live for you!!

(Go back and read the passage now)

Wow! The cool part about this passage is that I could be that writer... I have been in tough times when it seems like God is not around, it seems like I will naver be able to defeat the enemy. But the one thing that is completely different between me and the writer is that when the writer was writing this passage He was calling on God to come and defeat the enemy... Well since that time, Jesus Christ DID COME AND DEFEAT THE ENEMY!!!! The enemy has already lost, but He is trying to take as many followers of Christ down with him. Dont listen to the Enemy, dont take heed to the enemy, dont fall into the temptation of the enemy... Remember He just wants to mock you, kill you, steadl from you and DESTROY YOU!!!

4 comments:

Godservant said...

Yes Lord Jesus, defeat our enemies, who continue to blaspheme Your Name and persecute Your children.

Hey PL, was Satan like super happy when Jesus died on the cross, not knowing He would rise again in three days? I'm sure I would have been if I was the devil. The first verse reminds me of what the Jews probably thought during the Holocaust. They were definetly questioning God's presence in their life. Why does it seem like the majority of the Jews, our day and biblical days, they always are mad at God whenever they go through trials? It seems the're somewhat hardheaded.

Bethany said...

Ok if you were not with us last night at Pastor Lee's house, "you should have been"! It was soooo much fun. We came up with some crazy youth group SLOGOS!!LOL

Anyway.... this was a very good passage because in all those words, they all pretty much ment the same thing. And that is to simply know that God will defeat satin no matter what! No matter how much satin might tempt you to do something wrong if you pray to God to help you stay away from sin he will defeat satin.

McCue said...

Well I'll start by saying thanks for the insight on my question Lee ROFL! I guess you forgot about verse 12 from yesterday. Anyway so verse 3 says the wicked boasteth in his heart's desire this is very wise. I am forced to think of a close friend that is more interested in having fun and doing what HE wants than what he SHOULD be doing. I feel like this is my fault sometimes because I havent witnessed to him as much as I could. Instead of sultivating meaningful relationships he's been doing what feels right for fleeting joy. I can only pray now because I have invited him to church but that isnt all I can do and I only pray the Lord gives me words to say so that he might turn his heart to the Lord. Anyway so this passage has a lot. I will pray on it. Read into it more tomorrow I'm exhausted today I didnt sleep much last night.
Lee thursday it is right?

McCue said...

cultivating* Line 10

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!