FRIDAY, January 16th, 2009

What are you guys doing today? Call me if we are going to get together and do something... I have plans to meet some family tonight at 5:00, but until then we should... PARTY!!!!! :) Want to? well lets do it!! AFTER YOUR DEVOTIONS!!! :)

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday:
Bethany: That is so cool how you turned to the Lord last night and then when you did the devotions, that is exactly what they were about... I am glad you are safe!! :)
Michael: Wow! Great Testimony!! I am glad you witness every chance you get!! Keep it up!!
Mallory: If We Do Anything... I will definitely call you!

Psalm 13

1 How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me?
2 How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?
3 Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;
4 Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him; and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved.
5 But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.
6 I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.

David is here, calling out to God again... asking God: where are you...? Have you ever felt like that? You believe in God, but it just seems like He is no where to be found? There are three points in this chapter... first we see David calling out to God saying: How long will you "forget me, O Lord"... David feels like God has forgotten about Him. Next we see that Davids enemies are against Him... "Lest my enemies say, I have prevailed against him" David is asking for help from the Lord (kind of like Bethany did last night) Finally the chapter ends with David reminding himself once again... I HAVE TRUSTED IN THY MERCY... I WILL SING UNTO THE LORD...

In the midst of Davids trial he reminds himself that HE WILL CHOOSE TO TRUST IN GOD, even when it seems like God is not around... You should do the same... just Trust God! Trust that he will be faithful as he has always been, and then choose to trust him and worship Him by singing praises to Him! (Just like David Did)

5 comments:

Godservant said...

Its unusuall for me to feel like God is away from me... maybe that trial is overdue for me to have. I should be on the lookout for the next trial for me. I'll remember this chapter for that time.

Tylermon33 said...

it is hard sometimes, when you think God isn't there, to just know that He is and believe Him when it seems like He isn't helping you out...when He really is we just don't pay attention. next time we think God doesn't hear us or that He is ignoring us (when He really isn't) we just need to know that He really is and that He is always watching out for us.

McCue said...

First let me say GOD IS AMAZING. This passage hit home for me today. Because sometimes I feel like there IS sorrow in my heart daily just bits of it and it comes and goes with certain memories or thoughts. It stabs at me sometimes but only briefly and it is only because of God's glory that I can keep it from darkening my soul. David says, in verse 2 "...how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?" It's funny how God uses scripture right for you when you need it. Some people just do the wrong things out of selfishness and probably don't even realize or care about the ripples of pain they cause. I'm sure I have but in this case I'm not referring to myself lol. I'm referring to my enemy here, or enemies. But then David says " I have trusted in the mercy;, my heart shall rejoice in salvation!" This pulls me away from sorrow hah he hath indeed delt bountifully unto me. The past isn't always great to linger on and although we can cherrish memories we need to always be looking forward to the blessings he has for us!

FoOtBaLl XtReMiSt (cary) said...

this passage starts out by asking how long god will remember you. but at the end it talks about how the person is telling god to let them sing praises and shout his name until he is dead!

Anonymous said...

Okay so this passage is saying how David feels like God isn't there. Even though I always know God is with me sometimes I feel like He isn't. I just need to trust that God will help me out through the situation, and remember He is with me!!! And also I think it's really cool how this
Passage goes right along with what Bethany was talking about, when she just cried out to the Lord and
He was there for her!! Well see y'all Sunday bye!

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!