MONDAY, January 12th, 2009

WHAT ARE YOU DOING TONIGHT??? Come to the church at 6:00pm and we will be driving from the church to my house. We will be planning the next six months of activities and we will also be talking about a few other things and eating pizza and playing games if there is time left over!! MAKE SURE YOU COME!!!

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday: I posted my thoughts about yesterday on yesterday's comment page.

Psalm 9

11 Sing praises to the LORD, which dwelleth in Zion: declare among the people his doings.
12 When he maketh inquisition for blood, he remembereth them: he forgetteth not the cry of the humble.
13 Have mercy upon me, O LORD; consider my trouble which I suffer of them that hate me, thou that liftest me up from the gates of death:
14 That I may shew forth all thy praise in the gates of the daughter of Zion: I will rejoice in thy salvation.
15 The heathen are sunk down in the pit that they made: in the net which they hid is their own foot taken.
16 The LORD is known by the judgment which he executeth: the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. Higgaion. Selah.
17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God. For the needy shall not always be forgotten: the expectation of the poor shall not perish for ever.
19 Arise, O LORD; let not man prevail: let the heathen be judged in thy sight.
20 Put them in fear, O LORD: that the nations may know themselves to be but men. Selah.

There are many great verses in this passage but I must say, I cannot stop thinking about verse 17. Have you ever heard someone say that they were "going through Hell"? well, the truth is, they have no clue hwo bad Hell will be... otherwise they would not be saying that... Hoever in this passage The write makes it clear that the wicked will go, not THROUGH Hell, but TO hell... that is rough... If you are going through something it gives the idea that you will come out at some point. But if you are going "to" somewhere, then there is no inclination that you are leaving.

Here is what struck me the most... the second part of that verse says: AND ALL THE NATIONS THAT FORGET GOD. Wow! Do you believe this! It is saying that all nations that forget God will be turned to Hell... That is scary. It seems more and more like our nation is trying to forget God and this passage makes it clear which direction our nation is headed if we continue to ignore God.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!!!!!! pastor lee you cant yell at me because I didnt do my devos cause i told you to remind me if i started to forget!!!!!! o well i guess i should have been able to kep up!!

I agree with you pastor lee, about verse 17 but i think that 11 got my attention. it says "Sing praises to the LORD, which dwelleth in Zion: declare among the people his doings." okay so it's saying that we shoulndnt be ashamed of our Lord but that we should sing praises and tel people about his greatness!!! this kinda reminds me of school, everyones hiding something(or so it seems). whether it be family problems, lack of money,or religon. sometimes it gets frustrating, you just want to scream out that if you have real friends and a real relationship with God no one is going to laugh or make fun of you because there is a pretty good chance that they are going through somthing extremely close to what you are. i don't know if i am alone on that drama at school but thats how i lookked at it!!! sorry i kinda branched off subject there!!

well see you tonight!!!

Godservant said...

PL is right about our nation forgeting God. It seems like ALL the nations ignore God EXCEPT Israel. We CLAIM to be "one nation under God," but I guarantee whenever we say the pledge at school, it just such a habit, it becomes involuntary. Also, if the Founding Fathers weren't godly men, we would have lost the American revolution. You can ask any history teacher, and they would say they won the revolution against all odds. Yet here we are today, saying the pledge without thinking the "one nation under God" part, and thinking we won the American revolution ourselves, without God, and now the USA is paying for it with the falling DOW score, the unnessassary war, terrorist threats... the list goes on...

Bethany said...

I like this passage cause I have been through this. I hear kids at school say that they are "going through hell", but the fact is that they have no idea what there talking about!!

Gods gives everyone a chance to live for eternity in heaven and some people just act as if it's all a joke!As in saying things like "going to hell" or using Gods name in vain!But the good things is that we as christians can be a light to people in need!

Tylermon33 said...

I like the end of verse 12 were it says "He forgeth not the cry of the humble." If we ask for something, like in prayer, when God doesn't answer it right away that doesn't mean that He forgot it it just means that He will give it to you when the time is come. God doesn't forgot He just waits until you really need it or if you have been really faithful with God then He could bless you with more then you need. never forget about God because He never forgets about you.

Anonymous said...

Godservant you have grown so much in the Lord, And I'm so pround of you. I pray everyday that God cont. to keep your hands on you and protect you everyday. Your Dad

McCue said...

hmmm. Well America is one of the last stronghold's for Christianity or belief in Christ. This is sad and also motivating. Most other nations, especially Europe, believe that America is fanatical about religion. We cannot afford to lose sight of God in America because the World needs us. Sometimes I think about the state our nation is in; the recession, left/right movements, leadership, ultimately things I cannot control. Then I look to verse 20 may God put the nation into fear because we are only men. Sorry I couldnt make it tonight class at 7 pm to 9.
I just know that Christ's grace is amazing and he makes life the greatest for me and the kind of happiness he brings me makes me want to smile at random people on the street and tell em about God. I want to meet him but something tells me he wants me in this world for his use. it's funny how he uses you without you even realizing it sometimes, or in ways you might not want or that hurt but are for his will. Ok I'm rambling but seriously I love Him.
If you want to be happy in life you need Jazz, Jesus and cookies.
....mostly just Jesus but those other things are awesome too. ^_^
-Michael McCue

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!