WEDNESDAY, October 15th, 2008

Make sure that you are in church tonight for a great night of fun and fighting... to get a ball in a goal. If you have not been a part of Flickerball before, TONIGHT IS YOUR NIGHT! 7:00PM BE THERE!
1 Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved.
2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge.
3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God.
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
5 For Moses writes about the righteousness which is of the law, “The man who does those things shall live by them.”
6 But the righteousness of faith speaks in this way, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” (that is, to bring Christ down from above)
7 or, “‘Who will descend into the abyss?’” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).
8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach):
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame."
12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.
13 For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”
Israel Rejects the Gospel
14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “ How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things!"
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “LORD, who has believed our report?”
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
18 But I say, have they not heard? Yes indeed: “ Their sound has gone out to all the earth, And their words to the ends of the world.”
19 But I say, did Israel not know? First Moses says: “ I will provoke you to jealousy by those who are not a nation, I will move you to anger by a foolish nation.”
20 But Isaiah is very bold and says: “ I was found by those who did not seek Me; I was made manifest to those who did not ask for Me.”
21 But to Israel he says: “ All day long I have stretched out My hands To a disobedient and contrary people.”

7 comments:

Pastor Lee said...

Paul is sharing his passion for the souls of the Jews... He explains that it is his desire and his prayer to see the nation of Israel be saved...

Do you have that kind of passion for the lost? Who was the last person that you prayed would get saved?

There are also several great verses on Salvation in this chapter...

verse 9: Confess with your mouth and believe in your heart

Verse 10: the heart is where you believe but the mouoth is where confession is made...

A Great verse to help you understand that your beliefs direct your actions!!!!!

How have your actions been the last few days? Do they prove that you believe in God or do they show that you do not believe in God?!?!

That is the question!

Jonathan M. said...

FIRSTPERSONTOPOST!!!!!
I had fun 2night and if you werent there you are a a a i dont know you should just come.
So i dont have that passion as much to get people saved like i should and sometimes theres cool people i know and i say to my self i really wish that were saved but i just dont ever have the courage to do it but i am gonna try.

Godservant said...

This passage explains how to get saved by the grace of God. When you call upon the name of the Lord, there's no magic words to it, as long as to tell Jesus you a sinner and you believe He raised from the dead. 99.99 percent of you have already done the sinner's prayer, but when will our friends and allies, the Israelites, do it? Only the Lord God Jesus of the Most High knows when they will or won't accept Him.

Godservant said...

Longest name of God I can come up with right now:

God Almighty Jesus, Son of the Most High God, Jehovah Lord God of Abraham, God of Issac and God of Jacob WHO IS WHO HE IS...

I can't think of anymore. Head starting to smoke because of thinking too hard.

Mallory B (basketball team) said...

WoW Tonight was my first time playing flickerball! BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that game and I am so glad that I played!
anyways...

This passage shows us exactly what we need to do to get saved and If you are not saved GET saved and read this passage because it will explain it for you!!! I think it is true that most of us in the youth group are saved but some of our closest friends are not! Now is the time to reach out and invite them to church so they can get saved and go to heaven with us! Also We need to show people that we are christians by our actions and words! Be careful with the people you hand out with and invite them to church no matter who they are!!
Bye everyone WE need to get back on here and do our devotions this is a sad amount right now! I hope it improves as the week goes on! bye for now! P.S. I LOVE FLICKERBALL!!!

Rachel☺; said...

Sowe say how its such a simple thing to do to get saved, but a long process getting people to be comfortable in making that simple decision.
Am i selfish and not sharing God word with others as i should?
To be honest; i am sometimes.
Do i esteem the eternities of my friends, family, other people i come in contact with as i should?
It sounds pretty awful, but i really dont. :/
I have a alot to be thankful for myself, so why not spread that grace around a little? My mission should be to lead my friends to salvation even though its hard trying to keep myself guarded in the process, which is my biggest problem. Ive been working on that, so i hope that continues (:

Rachel Evelyn said...

God knows exactly how to speak to my heart!

We are doing a campaign on our campus called "Do you agree with Quina?" It is for Campus Crusade for Christ so that we can have discussions about the word of God with people who may not know. Quina is a woman who is coming to give her testimonial of faith today, as a matter of fact. I've found it so hard to talk to people about the word because I had no idea what to tell them. I think I know now.
13 For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”
Paul is concerned with the souls of the Jews because he knows that Jesus is. I know that Jesus is concerned with the souls of all I will be talking with. Sometimes is is so easy to judge and think "well, they don't care about God anyways so I won't bother"
I believe in my heart that I will be able to help the lost people on my campus come to the light so that I won't be a minority but a majority.
I got my "atheist" friend to agree to come with me to Face-to-Face with God AND my friend who has been pulling away from the Lord. Face-to-Face is basically youth group. Anyways, PRAISE THE LORD.

Everyday I am SHOCKED by how good he is to me.
"Should I stumble and fall still I'm caught in his grace."

:] Pray for my campus! I'll pray for the church and all of you devoted devotional doers.

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!