FRIDAY, October 17th, 2008

Well, Have I told you lately that I love... FRIDAYS!!!!!!

Well, I do! I am so excited about seeing you all in church Sunday! We are going to have a great day! I am thrilled!

Anyway: On to the devotions:

Romans 12

1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Serve God with Spiritual Gifts
3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.
4 For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the same function,
5 so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another.
6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith;
7 or ministry, let us use it in our ministering; he who teaches, in teaching;
8 he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.

Behave Like a Christian
9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good.
10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another;
11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord;
12 rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer;
13 distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.
14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.
15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.
16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.
18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.
19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.
20 Therefore “ If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.”
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

10 comments:

Pastor Lee said...

this passage is full of so much great stuff!!!!!

Paul is BEGGING YOU BRO!!! HE IS BEGGING YOU TO GIVE YOUR LIFE TO GOD!!!! It is only reasonable!!! I mean God gave his life for you on the cross, cant you simply live for HIM!!!!

Oh you want to know how? Just don't be conformed to the world... instead be transformed by the word of God. Read it and apply it to you life and allow God to change you to be more like Him!!!

AND THAT IS JUST THE FIRST TWO VERSES!!!!

Verse 3-7 tell us all about how God has given each one of us a special measure of Gifts!

God knows what he wants you to do with your life and he provided the skills that you would need!! That is so GREAT!! I believe my gifts are definitely EDIFICATION, and I hope prophecy (preaching)!

From verse 9 on the rest of the chapter is talking about how we should RUN FROM EVIL!!!!! DONT BE A HYPOCRITE AND A FAKE!!! Love God and Live for Him!!

I love the last verse!

Dont let evil destroy your life instead overcome Evil with GOOD!!!

See you tomorrow! (on the devotions that is)

:)

Rachel Evelyn said...

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind"
- I remember as a kid sitting on my Grandmothers floor and watching Benny Hinn with her. Something that always sticks out in my mind is the way he constantly repeated that verse, every time I heard him. When I read that verse I think of him and the way he put emphasis on the words CONFORMED and TRANSFORMED.
I have been struggling so much, battling between wanting to conform and wanting to be transformed. I broke down at fall retreat telling the girls in my cabin that it is SO hard to sit alone in my room on Friday nights when everyone goes out to party. I know that my faith will pay off in the end, greater than any reward on earth.
"Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men."
- My dorm is just ravaged by the elections, everyone has endorsements of a particular candidate on their door and it is starting to get ugly. Someone walked by and put an obama sticker near my door. Most people ripped them down and ranted about how awful it was. I taped an index card next to it, left it on the wall and wrote, It's not about who you are voting for, it's about respect. Whoever wins they are MY president" It is HARD to love our enemy's but if GOD loves US how can we not love our enemy's?!

Let's go out into the world and start destroying evil with good and show people that there IS a God and HE loves them, NO MATTER WHAT!!

Have a great Friday and don't forget to root for the BULLS and we go up against the ORANGEMEN in our homecoming game!!

Anonymous said...

welk i have nit been on un a while but it is hard to type with a splint pn your finger!!!!! thanks to fliker ball i brpoke my finger i will go on when i an heald!!!


PS:sorry for all the mistatkes.

McCue said...

Man alive! Paul must have poured a lot of heart and soul into this message because for me it is powerful. A couple things I love about it. Paul talks about overcoming evil with good and that we cannot repay evil with evil. Why is it so hard to make the right decision sometime. Or we react in the flesh to something without thinking. Sometimes satan tries to hise was is right and wrong he'll put a gray area into play. Which remind me of the wonderful performance pastor lee did of "Slow Fade" I heard that song on the radio today and p lee did it better ^_^ anyway. Now this passage reftlects upon me a perserverence in faith. For the better part of the passage paul says be steadfast in tribulation, be slow to malice, vigilant in worship. All things that make me think look we can't let up ever and I feel like in my life I let up sometimes and im not the spiritual zealot I need to be. I thought about it today and what will I be remembered for? No it isn't about being popular or having everyone love you because more often than not that won't happen if you are following gods plan in this world. However surrounding myself with godly people will I be remembered as a good man? A guy who wouldn't compromise his beliefs that wouldn't let up when satan attacks and constantly tries to help people struggling and reach out? Or am I just another guy, who quietly lives out his life neither here nor there. What I NEED to do in his name and his glory is make it the ladder version.

Godservant said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Godservant said...

Verse 17 says that you shouldn't repay anyone for evil although they might have done you evil. It later says you should show your enemies mercy; for the Lord has been merciful to you. Also, only God can avenge evil deeds done to you or anyone of His children. Don't ask why because I don't know at the moment; but I do know this: God makes the rules, and everyone, this is a game you should not cheat- acually rather, you CANNOT cheat on.

Anonymous said...

God is Absolutly Awesome, no matter what!!!

Anonymous said...

Cool facts about life:
#1 Did you know Pastor Lee has ten fingers? Yes he does.
#2 Did you know God is infinate? Yes He is.
#3 Did you know computers are man-made? Yes they are.
#4 Did you know cars have 4 wheels? Yes they do.
#5 did you know Michael Stratton has been making this post along with the one above? Yes I have.

This has been, cool facts about life.

Anonymous said...

C'mon people post something!!! So sad!!!

Rachel☺; said...

happy saturday! (:
and Pastor Lee, i was actually able to do the devos earlier today!
i might be on late again tonight cause today is very busy, andi wont be home till 11 tonight.

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!