TUESDAY, October 21st, 2008

Hey guys, we are finished with Romans! Thanks for remaining faithful!! We are in the works of planning another GREAT reward activity very soon!!!

1 I commend to you Phoebe our sister, who is a servant of the church in Cenchrea,
2 that you may receive her in the Lord in a manner worthy of the saints, and assist her in whatever business she has need of you; for indeed she has been a helper of many and of myself also.
Greeting Roman Saints
3 Greet Priscilla and Aquila, my fellow workers in Christ Jesus,
4 who risked their own necks for my life, to whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles.
5 Likewise greet the church that is in their house. Greet my beloved Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia to Christ.
6 Greet Mary, who labored much for us.
7 Greet Andronicus and Junia, my countrymen and my fellow prisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.
8 Greet Amplias, my beloved in the Lord.
9 Greet Urbanus, our fellow worker in Christ, and Stachys, my beloved.
10 Greet Apelles, approved in Christ. Greet those who are of the household of Aristobulus.
11 Greet Herodion, my countryman. Greet those who are of the household of Narcissus who are in the Lord.
12 Greet Tryphena and Tryphosa, who have labored in the Lord. Greet the beloved Persis, who labored much in the Lord.
13 Greet Rufus, chosen in the Lord, and his mother and mine.
14 Greet Asyncritus, Phlegon, Hermas, Patrobas, Hermes, and the brethren who are with them.
15 Greet Philologus and Julia, Nereus and his sister, and Olympas, and all the saints who are with them.
16 Greet one another with a holy kiss. The churches of Christ greet you.

Avoid Divisive Persons
17 Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them.
18 For those who are such do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and by smooth words and flattering speech deceive the hearts of the simple.
19 For your obedience has become known to all. Therefore I am glad on your behalf; but I want you to be wise in what is good, and simple concerning evil.
20 And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

Greetings from Paul’s Friends
21 Timothy, my fellow worker, and Lucius, Jason, and Sosipater, my countrymen, greet you.
22 I, Tertius, who wrote this epistle, greet you in the Lord.
23 Gaius, my host and the host of the whole church, greets you. Erastus, the treasurer of the city, greets you, and Quartus, a brother.
24 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

4 comments:

Pastor Lee said...

Wow! This is some finish to the book of Romans. Verses 1-16 really show how many friends Paul had. Wow! He must have been a great example of Christ.. He had friends that were willing to give up their own life for his!! That is awesome!

Then verses 17- 20 are very important to me: They tell me to mark the people that cause problems in the church and in life, AND STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!

God does not tell us to go and change their mind, or even to go and tell them they are wrong... nope. Paul tells us that we are to AVOID people that try to cause problems.

My nature wants to jump into an argument or a debate so that I can show them how they are wrong... but that is not best.

Godservant said...

Verse 20 somewhat caught my attention. It says God will crush Satan under our feet. Satan knows this fact and is fearing that day. He is just trying to have as much "fun" as he can before that time comes. When people say Satan was defeated at Calvary, It's simply saying he cannot accuse the bretheren (us) anymore because Jesus will just say to him, "their sins and inequities are cleansed by My blood, now, GET OUT OF MY PRESENCE!" Technically Satan is still alive (obviously because of the wickedness around today) but like I just said, he is fearing the day when "he is crushed under our feet."

Rachel☺; said...

Hmm verses 17-20 are the important ones here.
It says to be careful of the people that cause, what is often known as, drama.
I think this is instruction for our better that we not get sucked into it.
The more deeply we are involved in other peoples problem-causing, the less we are focused on God.
At school there are sooo many people who seem to cause problems for their amusement, and if thats not the case; people should really grow up!
Either way, the people who are just itching to start a fight are definitely not people you want to be focused on.

Rachel Evelyn said...

I am very convicted by this book of Romans. Today we had a group of very obnoxious Christians standing outside one of our main buildings on campus. They were holding signs with lists of people who are going to hell, a sign that says "ASK ME WHY YOU DESERVE HELL" A lot of Christians, including me were standing around wanting to debate. I realize that I need to accept all people. I am learning everyday though. I would write more but I am so busy and tired. :[ I might see you guys this weekend.

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!