FRIDAY, October 24th, 2008

Hey everyone! Katie and I had a great time last night! It wasvery exciting to be there!


Proverb 24

1 Be not thou envious against evil men, neither desire to be with them.
2 For their heart studieth destruction, and their lips talk of mischief.
3 Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established:
4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.
5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.
6 For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of counsellors there is safety.
7 Wisdom is too high for a fool: he openeth not his mouth in the gate.
8 He that deviseth to do evil shall be called a mischievous person.
9 The thought of foolishness is sin: and the scorner is an abomination to men.
10 If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small.
11 If thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain;
12 If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works?
13 My son, eat thou honey, because it is good; and the honeycomb, which is sweet to thy taste:
14 So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul: when thou hast found it, then there shall be a reward, and thy expectation shall not be cut off.
15 Lay not wait, O wicked man, against the dwelling of the righteous; spoil not his resting place:
16 For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.
17 Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth:
18 Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him.
19 Fret not thyself because of evil men, neither be thou envious at the wicked:
20 For there shall be no reward to the evil man; the candle of the wicked shall be put out.
21 My son, fear thou the LORD and the king: and meddle not with them that are given to change:
22 For their calamity shall rise suddenly; and who knoweth the ruin of them both?
23 These things also belong to the wise. It is not good to have respect of persons in judgment.
24 He that saith unto the wicked, Thou are righteous; him shall the people curse, nations shall abhor him:
25 But to them that rebuke him shall be delight, and a good blessing shall come upon them.
26 Every man shall kiss his lips that giveth a right answer.
27 Prepare thy work without, and make it fit for thyself in the field; and afterwards build thine house.
28 Be not a witness against thy neighbour without cause; and deceive not with thy lips.
29 Say not, I will do so to him as he hath done to me: I will render to the man according to his work.
30 I went by the field of the slothful, and by the vineyard of the man void of understanding;
31 And, lo, it was all grown over with thorns, and nettles had covered the face thereof, and the stone wall thereof was broken down.
32 Then I saw, and considered it well: I looked upon it, and received instruction.
33 Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:
34 So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth; and thy want as an armed man.


Once again, this passage is full of much great stuff! I will quickly go through it and point out my favorite verses and how they spoke to me personally!

Verse 1: Dont be jealous of Evil men... sometimes it may seem like some ungodly man has it all. Maybe he has the nicest cars the coolest house, maybe even an iphone :) but the truth is I have much more because of my relationshi with Christ. There is no reason that Ishould envy that person. Instead I should have pity on them, because if they do not receive Christ then they will be worse off than I for all eternity.

Verse 6: In the multitude of counselors there is safety. I am so thankful for this truth. When I am faced with something that I am not wise enough of knowledgeable enough to have an answer... the Bible says, if I get a lot of wise people to share their advice then my decision will be a safe one. I have had to do that recently with a certain situation. I did not know what I should do, so I sought the advice of many men that I respect greatly.

Finally, my favorite verse in this chapter is verse 16: This verse does not tell us that a heathen falls seven times, it does not say that a lost person falls seven times, not even that a Christian falls seven times... Nope, it says A JUST MAN FALLS SEVEN TIMES... but what makes a just man? not the fact that he falls but the fact that he RISETH UP AGAIN.

We are all going to make mistakes... but the difference between a carnal person and a just person is what they do after they fall... I can think of many people even right now who have fallen and not gotten back up. They stray away from church. They get involved with sin and then they dont get back up... I know when I fail and fall into sin, I want to be just. I want to be the one that comes running back to God begging for forgiveness!! I want to continue to rise from my fall over and over again!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again, this passage is full of much great stuff! I will quickly go through it and point out my favorite verses and how they spoke to me personally!

Verse 1: Dont be jealous of Evil men... sometimes it may seem like some ungodly man has it all. Maybe he has the nicest cars the coolest house, maybe even an iphone :) but the truth is I have much more because of my relationship with Christ. There is no reason that I should envy that person. Instead I should have pity on them, because if they do not receive Christ then they will be worse off than I for all eternity.

Verse 6: In the multitude of counselors there is safety. I am so thankful for this truth. When I am faced with something that I am not wise enough of knowledgeable enough to have an answer... the Bible says, if I get a lot of wise people to share their advice then my decision will be a safe one. I have had to do that recently with a certain situation. I did not know what I should do, so I sought the advice of many men that I respect greatly.

Finally, my favorite verse in this chapter is verse 16: This verse does not tell us that a heathen falls seven times, it does not say that a lost person falls seven times, not even that a Christian falls seven times... Nope, it says A JUST MAN FALLS SEVEN TIMES... but what makes a just man? not the fact that he falls but the fact that he RISETH UP AGAIN.

We are all going to make mistakes... but the difference between a carnal person and a just person is what they do after they fall... I can think of many people even right now who have fallen and not gotten back up. They stray away from church. They get involved with sin and then they dont get back up... I know when I fail and fall into sin, I want to be just. I want to be the one that comes running back to God begging for forgiveness!! I want to continue to rise from my fall over and over again!

Godservant said...

I used to know a very respected person, I was never really friends with her, I just know who she is. And now, every time I walk by her, I just hear "puke" as Josh reffers it to on his language sermon. Everyone knows everyone says bad words sometime in their life, but, now in stupid public schools, sin runs around like a world-wide virus that no one can control. It seems like not even 5 percent of the kids are immune to "the virus" and that would be the devoted Christians. The cure to the virus is God; and most everyone doesn't want a cure or thinks they could come up with another, even better cure, which is never going to happen because Jesus is the One and Only way to cure the sin-virus that is spreading very rapidly, faster than fire.
Heh... this reminds me of the movie, I am Legend.

weird high school kid said...

Wow mike is it you that posted what PL said. Oh well Hey tonight is senior night for N.J.R.O.T.C. at my school so come and watch as i march the field with my parents in my super awesome uniform. I shall return later for I must leave to be on time within the next 4 minutes GTG

BYE-BEE!!!

Rachel Evelyn said...

Hey everyone! Back again. I am so happy that I've been doing my devos. it gets really hard with my hectic schedule.

This verses are made for me to read. I was just talking in my devos. last night about how I tend to get jealous of those who are sinning because it looks like so much fun. That is amazing that it was in the scripture today. I think that God is really trying to tell me to keep my feet on the ground and stay away from sin. I know that I am being watched harshly by those around me. A lot of the atheists and agnostics are just searching for a Christian to prove to them that there IS something different about our lives. Sometimes all it takes is one Christian to hold true to their faith to make them realize that there really is something. I want to be the light in a dark place.

I hope that everyone is doing well. I have to run! I am going to Hudson this weekend. (That's where I lived before I moved to North Port! Talk about old memories!!)

Happy birthday, AGAIN, Michael McCue. I hope your party is wonderful this Sunday and I am sorry I can't be there! Make sure to wish him a happy birthday!

See you tomorrow..on here. :]

Rachel☺; said...

Hmm, so the first verse makes a lottt of sense right about now.
Just today i was talking to a girl who makes her self sound so desensitized to a specific sin because of how she takes part in it and enjoys it.
In my head, i was thinking; maybe that kind of thing is fun... but not for me! I KNOW better, and i have BETTER things to do! She boasts of being a 'bad girl' and when i thought about it, i like being a 'good one'.

Even though a lot of times the sinful life seems fun or more enticing of a time rather than the life im living, i forget too often how much more fulfilling and great the Christian life is and how being jealous of sin is a sin in itself for taking for granted what a life i am offered through God!
The grass may seem greener on the other side, but really, it couldnt be better than where i am right now.

Tylermon33 said...

one verse that i liked out of these was verse 28-be not a witness against thy neighbour without cause; and deceive not with thy lips-and that means don't just go to someone and say you need to get saved our you are going to hell (even thought that is true, that isn't the best way to do it), you need to go to them with scripture verses about salvation and hell. another verse that caught my attention was verse 16-for a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again; but the wicked shall fall into mischief-that means when just men fall down into sin they get right back up and get out of sin, but when the wicked fall down into sin they stay down and stay in sin. we all fall down into sin in our lives, but the faithful ones that want to do good for God and want to make something out of their lives get right back up out of sin and glorify God.

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!