MONDAY, September 29th, 2008

Hey Everyone! Sorry that this is on so late. Today has been a CRAZY day! I have been at the doctors with Will for a good part of the day and then I was in meetings for like 4 HOURS!!! HOLY MOLEY!!!

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday:
I just want to tell all of you that I am so thankful for each of you! I am so glad that we had so many teenagers at church last night! That is truely how it should be every week! It was such a huge encouragement!! I had a blast at Jason's Deli afterwards! We need to do that more often!!

Genesis 46

1 So Israel took his journey with all that he had, and came to Beersheba, and offered sacrifices to the God of his father Isaac.
2 Then God spoke to Israel in the visions of the night, and said, “Jacob, Jacob!”And he said, “Here I am.”
3 So He said, “I am God, the God of your father; do not fear to go down to Egypt, for I will make of you a great nation there.
4 I will go down with you to Egypt, and I will also surely bring you up again; and Joseph will put his hand on your eyes.”
5 Then Jacob arose from Beersheba; and the sons of Israel carried their father Jacob, their little ones, and their wives, in the carts which Pharaoh had sent to carry him.
6 So they took their livestock and their goods, which they had acquired in the land of Canaan, and went to Egypt, Jacob and all his descendants with him.
7 His sons and his sons’ sons, his daughters and his sons’ daughters, and all his descendants he brought with him to Egypt.
8 Now these were the names of the children of Israel, Jacob and his sons, who went to Egypt: Reuben was Jacob’s firstborn.
9 The sons of Reuben were Hanoch, Pallu, Hezron, and Carmi.
10 The sons of Simeon were Jemuel, Jamin, Ohad, Jachin, Zohar, and Shaul, the son of a Canaanite woman.
11 The sons of Levi were Gershon, Kohath, and Merari.
12 The sons of Judah were Er, Onan, Shelah, Perez, and Zerah (but Er and Onan died in the land of Canaan). The sons of Perez were Hezron and Hamul.
13 The sons of Issachar were Tola, Puvah, Job, and Shimron.
14 The sons of Zebulun were Sered, Elon, and Jahleel.
15 These were the sons of Leah, whom she bore to Jacob in Padan Aram, with his daughter Dinah. All the persons, his sons and his daughters, were thirty-three.
16 The sons of Gad were Ziphion, Haggi, Shuni, Ezbon, Eri, Arodi, and Areli.
17 The sons of Asher were Jimnah, Ishuah, Isui, Beriah, and Serah, their sister. And the sons of Beriah were Heber and Malchiel.
18 These were the sons of Zilpah, whom Laban gave to Leah his daughter; and these she bore to Jacob: sixteen persons.
19 The sons of Rachel, Jacob’s wife, were Joseph and Benjamin.
20 And to Joseph in the land of Egypt were born Manasseh and Ephraim, whom Asenath, the daughter of Poti-Pherah priest of On, bore to him.
21 The sons of Benjamin were Belah, Becher, Ashbel, Gera, Naaman, Ehi, Rosh, Muppim, Huppim, and Ard.
22 These were the sons of Rachel, who were born to Jacob: fourteen persons in all.
23 The son of Dan was Hushim.
24 The sons of Naphtali were Jahzeel, Guni, Jezer, and Shillem.
25 These were the sons of Bilhah, whom Laban gave to Rachel his daughter, and she bore these to Jacob: seven persons in all.
26 All the persons who went with Jacob to Egypt, who came from his body, besides Jacob’s sons’ wives, were sixty-six persons in all.
27 And the sons of Joseph who were born to him in Egypt were two persons. All the persons of the house of Jacob who went to Egypt were seventy.

Jacob Settles in Goshen
28 Then he sent Judah before him to Joseph, to point out before him the way to Goshen. And they came to the land of Goshen.
29 So Joseph made ready his chariot and went up to Goshen to meet his father Israel; and he presented himself to him, and fell on his neck and wept on his neck a good while.
30 And Israel said to Joseph, “Now let me die, since I have seen your face, because you are still alive.”
31 Then Joseph said to his brothers and to his father’s household, “I will go up and tell Pharaoh, and say to him, ‘My brothers and those of my father’s house, who were in the land of Canaan, have come to me.
32 And the men are shepherds, for their occupation has been to feed livestock; and they have brought their flocks, their herds, and all that they have.’
33 So it shall be, when Pharaoh calls you and says, ‘What is your occupation?’
34 that you shall say, ‘Your servants’ occupation has been with livestock from our youth even till now, both we and also our fathers,’ that you may dwell in the land of Goshen; for every shepherd is an abomination to the Egyptians.”

Well, this is the real family reunion. Do you remember way back when the Bible firsts mentions Joseph? Well this all started when His father told him to go and take some lunch to his brothers... Wow! That was the last time that He saw his dad until this moment years later...

I think the greatest lesson in this passage has to be at the very beginnins and also at the ver end... I hope you did not get too bogged down by all the names in the middle. Just read them and move on. The good stuff in this passage is at the beginning where it explains that God went and told Israel what His plan was for his life. God said: this is the path that I want you to take, I will keep you and your family safe if you will just obey me and follow my Will.

Do you ever care to seek gods will for your life? Well, it is a good thing to do. I have been seeking Gods plan for my life a lot this week, I think it is really cool how God makes his plan clear in our life. One day it is not clear, and then He meets with us and makes it absolutely clear what He would have for us.

I love it! I am so thankful for a God who cares about each of us enough to plan out our lives and plan a GREAT LIFE for that matter... All we have to do to live that GREAT LIFE is trust Him and obey Him!

Then we see how the results of our obedience will effect our life... at the end of this passage, Israel basically says: Now I can die a happy man, because I have FINALLY seen my son.

Dont you want to live a life that in the end you can die a happy man, a happy woman? Well If you live your life for God then I guarantee you that you will not regret it FOR ETERNITY!!!!!

14 comments:

Rachel Evelyn said...

This was such a great story. Sometimes as we read the bible we forget what a great novel it truly is. The end of this story is reminds us that if we live according to God's will we are going to be happy people. I know that it is so easy to believe that day to day life is better when we do what we want. In college temptations are everywhere and I find myself struggling daily to stay on the Lord's path, however, at the end of every day that I follow the Lord's will I know I am happier. I pray that myself and others will just be able to find and follow God's will for their life.

-Rachel!

:[ aw man I just had a tooth pulled and now I am off to band practice. That's dedication. lol

Godservant said...

This story should be one of those, awe-inspiring endings. As long as you seek out God's plan for your life, you will be in tip top shape for eternity in heaven.

Pastor Lee, you and I should remind our leaders that they need to call their contacts soon!

weird high school kid said...

Umm pastor Lee we deffinately should NOT do what we did last night, and instead go to a chinese place.

So a heartwarming reunion, family moving closer to joey, and massive livestock moving. so apparently god is telling jacob to go to egypt to see his son. So lesson to learn here listen for what god has to tell you for in the passage we see how jacob did see joey again and was overjoyous.

Anonymous said...

In fine print on the last page of the Guinness Book of World Records it notes that all world records are held by Chuck Norris, and those listed in the book are simply the closest anyone else has ever gotten.

HADOKEN!!! said...

Ouch, that is mega dedication Rachel!

Now then in this passage God says if you will follow my will I will reward you with health and happiness. God didn't mean that to just Israel, He meant that for all of us. If we would just do what He wants us to we would be about a million times happier.

Anonymous said...

well today is monday and i am actually surprised because usally mondays are very...well you know...UGGGGGGGG! but not today. today was actually a pretty good day!!!!

in this passage we see that following gods will,will lead to an overall better life. I agree with rachel i mean i obviously could not begin to understand the college temptations, but i know that if i succeed in following gods path for my life i feel a whole lot better than when i slowly step of that trail and fall into the world. because of the relationship i have with my savior i know that everytime i fall into that trap all i have to do is ask and i will recieve.As Pastor lee always says God rewards the faithful.

wel i am going to go and chill out and let my good day come to an even better end!!!!!!!!!!:)(thats me always positive)

Anonymous said...

wow am i always that annoying?!?!?!?

FoOtBaLl XtReMiSt (cary) said...

wow... there were alot of sons...

lol :D

this is the end of this story.

when jacob (josephs dad) is about to die..

and everyone is there.

and jacob talks about how he is happy that he can die with knowing that his family is united again and that he gets to see his WHOLE family together before he dies!!

and the moral lesson is that if we let god direct us in the path he wants us to go, than our lives will be more fullfilling than any other!!

PEACE

Jonathan M. said...

I had a poopy day im just glad church is wednesday!!!!!!!
Ok so i think we need to savor(i think thats the right word)every moment because i mean Joseph didnt say his father untill now and was a LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG TIME and we dont know ehen the last time will be our last and i try to do that sometimes and but its hard sence lazy but im not AS lazy as some people in our youth group (cough cough flem)thats what i got from this passage and i am striving for that.

WINGS ARE COMING TO MURDOCK BAPTIST OCTOBER 19!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Does anyone want to buy me pizza muh ha ha ha ha.

Tylermon33 said...

we need to trust and obey God because He will protect us on our journey if He really wants us to go there, just like jacob did when God told him to take the journey to Egypt jacob listened and God protected him. it may be hard sometimes to listen to God becuase we may not like it or we may not want to do it but if God wants us to do it, it is something we need to do. also we see that since joseph obeyed God all of his life God blessed him for that by reuniting him and his family together, and by making him the second hand man over all of Egypt. so we need to listen and obey God because He always has a plan for us in our lives and He will help us if we need it and by obeying Him, He will bless us in return. only if everyone could be more like joseph.

Jessica M said...

Pastor Lee, I was reading your blog earlier today; and maybe I was looking too much into it, I don't know...but I pray with everything I have that is is NOT what I think it is. That would truly be my last straw! :(

......I see this as the great turning point in Jacob’s life. But now he was beginning to see God in an entirely different light. Also because of the relationship that Jacob had with God, he knew what to do when God told him to leave. God desires only our trust and our worship. That is the least we can do for HIM, after what He did for us. And then there is standards and "rules" to follow...but that goes along with it. The main lesson I have learned from the life of Jacob is the greatness of the grace of God. It was nothing less than grace which saved Jacob. And so the same for you and me.

Amy :) said...

I was just thinking about this today at school, what does God want me to be when I am older?? I have no clue! Whatever God wants me to do I should have a good Christian attitude about it and be thankful about it. Let God lead you in His path and dont go off on you own path. Because most of the time your own path doesnt turn out the way God wants it. So let God control your life in the way He wants it and not you.

Rachel☺; said...

PASTOR LEE; "TRUELY" does NOT have an "e". this is like, the 90th time youve spelled it wrong.
(:

So im very late tonight because i have SO MUCH school work.
i havent done anything but take a nap and eat while doing homework since i got out of school.
yuckkk. ):

So thats pretty amazing how big their family is, if you askl me.
Ive never really been to a family reunion but im pretty sure this seems to be the epitome.
So NOW is the real happy ending for Joseph and theres lots of love going on, and of course, it was all part of Gods plan from the beginning. When joseph was sitting in prison, without a clue what would become of him, he trusted Gods plan and ended up prosperous.
Its been shown so many times in my life that just as things were with Joseph, they will be for me if i trust Gods plans. i should remember that more, because maybe it will lift my spirits and outlook on school.

Off to study till i fall asleep -.-
everyone have a good tuesday tomorrow(:

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!