WEDNESDAY, August 6th, 2008 AT THE WILDS

Hey Everyone! It is so good to see all of you taking part in finding out what is going on here at camp! We are having the time of our lives!! We are going to breakfast in 8 mintues at 7:45am so I will tell you what I can now, and then I will come on again after breakfast...

Yesterday: (Tuesday)

What a great/ busy day it was! We did everything from taking a hike to one of the four beautiful water falls on the campsite. We went to Second Falls, where we were able to swim and climb up on the waterfall where there is a natural slide that tosses you down into the water... It was great fun!

After the falls hike, Pastor Chip and Mike West and Lee Tomlin and Eric Cheske rode the GIANT SWING!! With many of the teenagers standing by laughing at us! :) It was a lot of fun!!! Way scarier than I remember!! We also went tubing down the creek and went to three great services and played miniature golf and rode the SUPER SLIDE (a water slide that goes from the top of the mountain to the bottom of the mountain)

I guess you can see that we have been busy....

The guys went to the lake yesterday and today we are taking a VERY STRENUOUS HIKE to the fourth falls!! It will be exciting! I can tell I am not 19 years old anymore!! That is sad... well it is time for breakfast so I will be back in a bit! :)

Breakfast was delicious: Cheesy Eggs, Bacon, Sausage and Biscuits! The food here has been wonderful! Well this morning your teenagers will be going down to a morning service where they are studying the life of Joseph. What a great example Joseph was even without the indwelling Holy Spirit and the Word of God. If we have those then we are at a great advantage to live for God!


The events today will keep the teenagers just as busy as yesterday. The ladies will be blobbing each other at the lake among many other things and the guys will be going on a great hike to the second largest waterfall in the entire state of North Carolina!!!

Let me tell you a few more thoughts about our day yesterday and then I am going to go get the day started:

I talked with almost all of your teenagers yesterday and I heard hardly any complaints at all, which is a miracle when we are talking about "teenagers" :)

Michael, Josh LaPerriere, Bethany, Josh Sandefur, Scott, Rachel, Mallory, Jessica Staley, Phillip, Brenden, Jake, and Dylan said to tell their parents that they love you and they miss you!!

Josh L: gave me a note to type to his parents: Hey guys! I am having a wonderful week! The guys in my cabin have given me a new nickname: They call me bamboo!!! Love you guys and miss you very much!!

To respond to your messages yesterday:

Debbie and Crystal: Thanks for keeping up with us!

Mr. and Mrs. Flint: Brittany is having a great time with her cabin mates! She is also really good at finding our teenagers! I have seen her several different times with our teenagers! She is having a great time!

Tammi: Thanks for checking on us! Josh Sandefur asks me everyday if you went onto the blog to comment! I am so excited to tell him that you did, and that you told him you love and miss him! He will be thankful! He is having an incredible time!! I am so happy for him!

Mrs. Beals: Hey there! We are having a great time! Pray that Alex and David will get involved... Alex is REALLY using his ankle as an excuse to get out of everything! He will really miss out on a lot unless he decides to get involved! Pray that God will change their heart.

Mrs. King: I will definitely tell Rachel that Raja is a girl! I think she will be happy about that! Thanks for checking up on us! Kepp praying for Rachel, she was a little sore again last night! But she had some medicine to take, so she should be great today!

Anne: Pray for Gabbi. She seems to be having a great time! But we are still wwaiting on God to work in a great way in her heart! I am excited to see the great things that she will do for His glory!! This week has been great for her!

Gram: Is this candy? We wish you were able to see us up here again! (at least to take our picture like you did last year!! :) Hope you enjoyed your vacation! Brenden is having a blast!

Paul: Pray for me! I am going to the fourth falls today! Pray for Jill! She didnt sound as happy as normal yesterday... I think I know why... God is at work! Pray that she will let Him work in her heart!

Frisbee King: Ha! That is funny! Did you really win last year? I didnt remember that! I guess I blocked that out of my memory :) We miss you guys! But we are having a blast and thank you for praying daily! Tyler is doing great! He is really being a blessing to Kervin! I think they will be great buddies by the time we get home!

Alyssa: I will tell her that you miss and love her whenever I see her today! I am glad that you are on here with us!

Mal's Mom: I will tell Mallory to take lots of Pics! I know every year that I got home, I always wished that I had taken more pictures!!!

Lynda Russell: Thanks for allowing us to be a part of your girls life! They have been a tremendous blessing to Katie and I here at suncoast Baptist Church! I have thanked the Lord for beringing them to us many many times!!

Christine: Tell yvonne that Phillip sais hey and He loves her!! We are all having a great time! Bethany is really building some life long friendships! She is a GREAT GREAT GIRL!!!

Yvonne: Hey!! read the above line... part of it is to you! :) I am glad your computer is working!! We are having a great time! It is so sad that the week is already half way over! :(

Mr. and Mrs. Greer: I will tell scott Hello for you! He is having a great time! I just saw him this morning! I cannot tell you what a great kid he is, and I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope that He says involved with Suncoast Youth whenever we get thome!!! :)

Marvino: I am glad that you are coming man! This place is AMAZING!!!! words cannot do it justice!~ I know that youwill have a blast!!



A few last words: I was reading this morning in Isaiah 25 and this passage talks about how God has the ability to destroy the walls that we have up in our lives...

These teenagers have MANY walls us spiritually and emotionally! I have never sensed the spirit of Apathy that I know our youth group struggles with! Pray that God will break down the walls that are holding them back from the true joy that He planned from before time for them to experience!!!! It will be a wonderful thing to see God tear down these walls!!

The end of that chapter says that He will make a fortress back into dust... I pray that he makes the walls that these teenagers have up, into dust! never to be built up again!!!

Pray for that with me!! Thanks! We love you all! Pastor Lee

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Pastor Lee
Finally find the right add.
It sounds like everyone is having a great time! Say hi, to Matt for me and let him know that his brothers miss him very much. We LOVE you, MATTHEW. Stay safe and have lot of fun!!!
Melissa Caldwell

Anonymous said...

Pastor Lee, I will pray for Alex. I know his ankle hurts but he should still be able to participate a little!!!! Encourage him as best you can- thanks for caring. Your cats are doing great!Be careful on your hike today.
Amy Beals

Anonymous said...

Hi Pastor Lee-I appreciate your updates so very much and all that you are and do for our teenagers you are a Blessing. Rachel will have to learn to pace herself-just cause her surgeon said no limitations doesn't mean she must not stop and rest now and then. I will pray for the walls to come down-we have some exceptional teenagers and Gods annointing is on them.Hi to Rachel with love her cat is now climbing the curtains.

dylans parents said...

we just wanted to say thank you to everyone that made it possible for the teens to have this experiance and we pray that God will speak to each one of their hearts. please tell dylan that we love him and miss him .

McCue said...

Hey pastor lee man the wilds. Sounds pretty gorgeous anyway tell david and alex I said hi. As well as the rest of the youth group I miss them all. Also tell alex I said don't worry about injured ankles play around on it and if it breaks or gets worse or he falls and breaks something else it only builds character :) its raining here on finals week of all times :( oh and I know this is long but I kind of wanted to talk to you its been a while. So at brass boot camp we recorded the hornline playing Ave Maria for J.D.'s neice who was terminally ill. (J.D. Is our instructor) anyway so I didn't really think much of it at the time and took that performance for granted although we all played so passionately. Anyway so John, JD's brother came to see us yesterday almost in tears to thank us for what we had done. I don't know but it kind of reminded me why I was here doing this instead of the million other things I could be doing home. Everything that we do performance wise and certainly everything I do as and individual should glorify god. As much as I thought I was wasting my time here mid season it just let me know that although drum corps might not be for me forever he did want this for me and that he looked down on the music we made and smiled. I think that seemingly small act of kindness meant a lot more to john. Anyway ill talk to you soon im really excited to get home. Call me or email me when you get the chance.

Anonymous said...

Yes Gram is Candy glad to hear all is well it sounds like a great trip again send Brenden my LOVE and tell him I actually do miss now that its been a few days HELLO to all LOVE freom his MOM too Candy

Anonymous said...

CAn you tell kervin that the Cubs won 2 games so far and lost one. He asked me to tell him if they won or not. So far camp sounds amazing.

Anonymous said...

hi pastor lee are you guys having fun in north carlina? tell josh that i miss him very much ok thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hi josh s.I'm glad to hear that your having a good time. I also wanted to let you know that your animals miss you very much. I love you!!!!! mom

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know I just prayed for the teens and you and katie. Hope all is going well. I know God is faithful, and will not let a willing heart escape his touch. Pastor Lee and Katie we appreciate and love you guys very much. All that you do to try and bring our kids to a closer relationship with the Lord is a blessing to us as parents. It is great to have a co laborer to help us try and put honor and integrity into our kids, when it is such a fight to do so in todays world. It does not go unnoticed Love Paul and Christy Frisbee King.

Anonymous said...

Pastor Lee, I'm glad Michael and all the teenagers are having a great time. Thanks for letting us know how things are going. Please tell Michael to continue to have a great time and that we really miss him and love him and his cats miss him too!

Jan said...

The key to getting David more involved is not to ask, but to tell him to do it!! He had a great time last year and looked forward to going. I'm sure he'll have even a greater time this year. Tell him his mom misses him and that his brother Billy has temporarily moved into his bedroom. Balto is always looking for him and misses him. Also, he should be getting mail on either Thursday or Friday if I didn't mail it to late!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Pastor Lee
How are you and Katie doing. It sounds like you guys are have a great time. I have been trying to get on this site for two days. I asked Pastor Dick tonight and here I am. I wanted to know how my sons were doing. Brian and Jeff. And how my nephew Josh. I am praying that they will let God have his way in their lives. Tell them that I love all three of them and that I am proud to be there Aunt. They are truly good young men. They should also be proud of themselves. I will message them again tomorrow. I read about Pastor, Mike, and the others that went on the swing. That is crazy. God Bless you all and have a great day today. Love, Aunt Debbie.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pastor Lee, Katie and Will.

I tried to get on the site and was having problems! Anyway, was glad to read about all the fun you all are having. God is really, really good all the time and ALL, ALL, ALL, ALL the time, God is good!!! I pray for all you guys and I know God will work on each and every teen there. I can't wait to hear their testimonies! Tell Nick he has a time limit on his:) Tell Jeff Rexrode not to build any tree stands there cuz Bambi has God watching out for him! We really miss all of you! Tell Nick WE LOVE HIM WITH ALL OUR HEARTS TO THE MOON AND BACK FOREVER AND EVER!!!

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!