FRIDAY, August 8, 2008

Wow, today is 8-8-8!

I have so much to tell all of you! Where do I begin! Well, yesterday was a GREAT day! The best part of the day was by far the "Family Reunions". That is a time on Thursdays where everyone goes and spends an hour with their youth group. It is a time to share what God has been doing, a time to creatively make a memory for Suncoast Youth Grou here at the wilds.

I think it was the highlight for my week! It was great! We had many teenagers give testimonies: Some explained that they complain too much, some explained that they are disrespectful, some shared that they struggle with Trust, and the list goes on and on!! It was so great to see what God is convicting these teenagers of...

One funny testimony was given by David... I had given a last call for testimonies, and I said, "I know one of you are sitting here and you know you are supposed to give a testimony, but you have not yet" Just when I said that Davids hand shot up in the air... I said Great David! I am glad that you are sharing a tesitmony... and David said: "It is not me!! It is Him! (pointing up towards God"

What an encouragement yesterday was, as wewere able to see how God is working in the lives of our teenagers!! Many teenagers told of their struggles and explained how they are going to battle them whenever they get home. It was wonderful.

Another thing we did during our family reunion was write letters. I had each teenager write themselves a letter that they will receive in a month. They wrote a letter that reminded them of the things they have learned this week, they told themselves what they should have done when they got back home, and they reminded themselves to stay faithful in their time with God...

After they finished writing their letter, they sealed them and gave them to me... It is awesome to think that one month from now we will all be getting together to see how God worked here at the wilds!

I am so excited about Sunday Morning! Pastor Chip has given us the morning service to share what God has done at the wilds!! We will be playing a video, listening to testimonies and a few other exciting things! Make sure you are in church Sunday Morning!!


Now: I have some hilarious news to share with you!!! Nick Hill Rode The GIANT SWING!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it! I did not even know it until some teenagers, Nick, and his counselor told me about it before supper last night! He said that He loved it and he said he was so glad that He did it! I was blown away!!

There is much more to tell you, but I must go to a meeting right now. I will tell you later on today or Sunday.

Thanks for your prayers!! Tonight is the fireside service! Pray specifically that God will call some of our teenagers into Full-Time Service, Pray that God will Save our Lost Teenagers, and Pray that God will work in the hearts of our teenagers in issues like: Rebelion, Attitude, Substance Abuse, Language, Modesty, Immorality, Worldly Minds, Media, Entertainment, and much much more!

Eric Cheske and I spent about an hour praying for each of your teenagers specifically this morning! We pray that you also will invest your time into praying for your teenager today!! Thanks for all of your comments! See you tomorrow night!

(Preliminary ETA: 9:30PM-10:00PM)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pastor Lee,
Looking foward to Sunday!!!
I know this experience has affected each and one of the teens, eventhough u can't see it right know. So keep up the wonderful job you and the other adults are doing. I'm specially thankfull for the parents that had to leave their own children, in order to minister to ours.
T H A N K Y O U!!!
L O V E U M A T T H E W!!! can't wait to SEE YOU!

Anonymous said...

hi matt your bed has been very nice and cozy. love your blanky.
buddy thinks so too.

Myan says...mkdkmavmvjdkdmmdkreek8
myyann

Anonymous said...

Hey Pastor Lee tell Brenden we are excited to see him in PC and hope and pray for a fun safe trip back to reality Love Gram and Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi
Just a quick note to let you know we are praying that God will touch the hearts of our teens during the last service tonight.
Also for a safe trip home tomorrow. Can't wait for Sunday.
Say hi to Brittney. I think her dad and Laurie will be in the services Sunday.
Thanks for all you do for our teens.

Kay & Herb

Anonymous said...

Pastor Lee,

We are looking forward to Sunday!! We having been praying for the teens this week and for all the adults too. Safe travel back and we will see you tomorrow. Jessica we miss you!!

Sabrina Staley

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!