THURSDAY, August 7th, 2008 at THE WILDS

WOW! Can you believe that today is Thursday already?? This week has gone by SO FAST! The weeks at the wilds always do go by fast, but this week especially has seemed to go by faster than I have ever remembered! It is sad to think that tomorrow will be the last day here!

Let me tell you about yesterday:

It was another extremely busy day! Yesterday our teenagers woke up, went to breakfast and then the morning service. After the morning service they had "God and I time". Then they went and played some games out in the field. After the games they had a "Christian Life Seminar" which is a short message aimed specifically at a relevant topic. The CLS was on "Choosing Video Games that Glorify God". That is definitely something that our teenagers need to hear about!

After the CLS our teenagers had a picnic lunch out on the ball field, and then they played a great game called "The Cat in the Hat". About 2:15 the guys went down to the fourth falls, while the girls went down to the lake. It was quite the strenuous hike. I must admit, I am pretty sore as I sit here typing this, this morning! We made it back around 4:00pm and then went to dinner around 5:00pm. Last night after dinner we went to the evening service. It was a great message by Rich Tozour. He preached on the fact that we must be ready for Christ second coming!! After the service we saw many people step out during the invitation to get some things right!

After the evening service we had "FUN TIME", a great time of skits that are done by the camp staff. It was quite hilarious!!! We were laughing the entire time! Finally, after "FUN TIME" we had a camp wide pizza party. It was incredible! There were teenagers everywhere. One of the biggest forms of intertainment at the pizza praty was our teenagers as they were doing all of their cool (terrifying if you are a mother) flips! It was exciting to watch! They probably had 150 people standing around them watching them! THEY LOVED THAT!!! :)

Today will be a busy day... We are doing the normal morning routine. Breakfast, Morning Service, God and I time, Games on the field, Lunch, the the girls will be going on a hike either to 4th or 2nd falls, while the guys have the rest of the campsite to themselves!! In other words, the guys will be doing the sing, the slide, the land trolley, and much much more!!

Please continue to pray for our teens. There are many teens that have not budged spiritually, and we are praying that God will work TODAY!!!!! Please pray often for them! God will not ignore our requests!!!

Thanks for everything! Pastor Lee

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for another exciting update Pator Lee! I woke up abut 6:00 this morning thinking about and praying for our campers. Sounds like they may need a week to recover when they get back home!
I was wondering, do you know if Mallory received her package? Hoping it got there okay.
Thanks again for all you are doing for our kids~
God Bless! Sonya
p.s. I have some Icy Hot you can borrrow when you get back. lol

Anonymous said...

Good morning Holy Spirit, good morning son, good morning THE WILDS!!! Sounds like another amazing day. My prayer for today is for the youth to be able to experience the Holy Spirit in an awsome way! I will think about that all day.
L O V E U M A T T H E W

Anonymous said...

HI PASTOR LEE how you guys doing in north caralina? tell josh that his cat is lost without him home she is looking for him.




p.s. stay safe

Anonymous said...

Hi Pastor Lee-so many people praying for our teens God is doing a mighty work in them. We might not see it with our eyes but look with the spirit-seeds have been planted and we shall see the growth.Did Rachel receive her package-hope so cause she would have a super sugar high too late in the week-whee! Thanks for your info on our kids. Love ya all Jill

tracey2 said...

Thank you Pastor Lee for everything!!!! Please tell Jake that I love him and miss him. I can't wait to hear about everything!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pastor Lee and Katie,It sounds like you're having a wonderful time. Try to take it easy Pastor Lee, it is a long ride home. I am praying for you all fervently and remember God's Word does not return void. Tell Tricia and Amy the lawn is waiting for them when they get home:)

Anonymous said...

Hi josh it really sounds like you are having a blast. Everyone here misses you and loves you. Nana says hi and daddy says hi

Anonymous said...

Hi Pastor Lee, My Son :o)
Your Dad's shoulder surgery went very well. It was more indepth than the MRI showed - but God knew about it all along. He is home resting comfortably - okay - maybe not comfortably - just home resting ;) Praising the Lord with You for the Wilds and Your Cool Youth Group. We will keep praying for you all.
Love
~PLMA

Unknown said...

Pastor Lee: Please pass on my sincere thanks and blessings to your parents their wonderful participation in the trip. I appreciate their Godly service and hospitality.

Anonymous said...

Gabbi's mom said....
We have been praying each day since you left. I wake up early and touch the screen on the computer with each kids name and pray specifically for that kid. I took the list with me last night and we parayed for each kid at ladies prayer. Oh, how I pray that God will move mightily in each heart. Be safe coming home and again, thank you all sooo much for
loving our kids...

Anonymous said...

hey everyone it sounds like you guys are having a great time!!!!!!


ps: try and forget alex in the mountains this time PLEASE!!!!!! j/k

Jan said...

Have a safe trip home tomorrow and remind David not to leave his shoes like last year!

Anonymous said...

Lee! I'm so glad ya'll are having such a great time and that God is seriously at work in the teens lives! So many times I've wanted to call Kacey up this week and the I remember that she's at The WILDS and I'm not.(It's the first summer since 4th grade ): that I haven't been.) God is doing great things here in the Chicago area though and I'm sad to leave Saturday. Tell Kacey and Jill I say hey and I love them and miss them and am praying for them. And if you happen to run into the counselors David Henry and Kate Yurchak tell them I said hey. (They are both on the blue team.) If you do talk to David ask him to let me know what time he'll be home on the 18th. Thanks so much Lee, have a great last day and I'll be praying for God to work wonders during the fireside service!!!!!

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!