WEDNESDAY, June 18th, 2008

Hey everyone! Today Is Wednesday. I Hope that you will be in church tonight!

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday:
Brooke: Hey! Great application with the verse "He must Increase, I Must Decrease"! I am glad that you remembered that!
Amy: No that video is not Real! When are you going to be back in town? I am not sure if you still qualify, I need to look it up: Call Me!
Jessica M: How is Volley Ball Practice going every morning at the "Crack of Dawn"!!
Cary: Good to see you being faithful on here! Now: Where is Tyler?!?!
Rachel: I am/ Will be/ Was Glad that you told/ will tell us that Ryan Was/ Would Be/ Will Be Doing His Devotions! :) Silly Girl!
Kacey: Hey Girl! Good to see you! We missed you on Sunday!


John 7:25-36
25 Now some of them from Jerusalem said, “Is this not He whom they seek to kill?
26 But look! He speaks boldly, and they say nothing to Him. Do the rulers know indeed that this is truly the Christ?
27 However, we know where this Man is from; but when the Christ comes, no one knows where He is from.”
28 Then Jesus cried out, as He taught in the temple, saying, “You both know Me, and you know where I am from; and I have not come of Myself, but He who sent Me is true, whom you do not know.
29 But I know Him, for I am from Him, and He sent Me.”
30 Therefore they sought to take Him; but no one laid a hand on Him, because His hour had not yet come.
31 And many of the people believed in Him, and said, “When the Christ comes, will He do more signs than these which this Man has done?”
32 The Pharisees heard the crowd murmuring these things concerning Him, and the Pharisees and the chief priests sent officers to take Him.
33 Then Jesus said to them, “I shall be with you a little while longer, and then I go to Him who sent Me.
34 You will seek Me and not find Me, and where I am you cannot come.”
35 Then the Jews said among themselves, “Where does He intend to go that we shall not find Him? Does He intend to go to the Dispersion among the Greeks and teach the Greeks?
36 What is this thing that He said, ‘You will seek Me and not find Me, and where I am you cannot come’?”

I dont know what you think, but it sure seems like these people are awful blood thirsty. I mean Jesus comes in to town, heals some people, teaches in the temple and now half the city wants Him dead. Sometimes I think to myself, If I were there, then I would not have crucified Him, but the truth is that any of us in that same situation would have crucified Him. The truth is that every time we sin, that sin is what He had to go to the cross for! He died to save us from the consequences of each sin we commit! I am so thankful that He did pay our sin debt!

I imagine that when John was writing this passage He wanted us to get a vantage point of everything going on there in the streets. Verses 25-27 show us a group of skeptics (unbelievers) who are talking amongst themselves discussing why this cannot be the Christ. They say that He cannot be the Christ because they know where he came from... Did they?
Next In verses 28-29 we see what Christ is teaching: He is teaching about EXACTLY what that group of skeptics needed to hear... They said they knew where he was from. He says to them... Yes, you know where I am from, but do you know who sent me?

I think it is so cool How God speaks to me right where I am at about exactly what I am going through. He did that same thing here on the street.

Next John explains to us in verse 30 that the Jews were now ready to kill Jesus. So they went to try to capture Him, but... they couldnt.

In verse 31 we see from the vantage point of Some believers standing in the crowd watching... They say: Do you really think that the messiah will do more miracles than this man has done? There you go! These people are thinking logically. They see the works of the Lord and they believe!

I will close with these thoughts... there are many different vantage points of Christ today: Some people believe, some dont. Some live like they believe, many dont. If you were to look at Christ on the street that day, would you have been a believer?or a skeptic?

Well today is no different in the matter of believing! Just as those believers were back then, we can be the same today... We must believe in Christ, and we MUST LIVE with actions the Prove our belief!

See You Tonight!!!

17 comments:

HADOKEN!!! said...

So basicaly its these people being just straight up rude to Jesus. They keep denying that He is Christ. They say "If you were the Christ you'd do more for us". They keep asking for more. Sometimes we might do that and ask Jesus for more and more but never aknowleging Him as aour God.

HADOKEN!!! said...

WOOOOOOOOOOT First TWICE!!!!!!

McCue said...

Sorry I was mia for a bit I don't get good reception out at this hs but anyway so yea its funny how there are different views on chritianity why are there so many different denominations for instance whenever we get caught up in a specific mindset we gotta get back to the word. Believing not in a denomination but what christ says to us.

red head said...

i think they are being selfish and uncaring of the world around them much like me i think that when they deny jesus and they don't care for anything



P.S. my summer is going horrifyingly horrible

FoOtBaLl XtReMiSt (cary) said...

why would anyone with a normal brain want him dead??? i cant understand that... and yes what PL said is true... everytime we sin its like we dont even really care about what jesus did for us on calvary... PEACE

weird high school kid said...

These must be the people of an I.Q. of 3 again because these people are, to put it nicely, lacking many many brain cells. So I just want to talk about verses 33-36. He flat out tells them "Hey I'm gonna be leaving you in a little while and be with god, hence I AM GONNA DIE SOON. You're gonna look for me but won't find me, and you can't go where I'm going." Man if I was him I would be thinking the reason they won't find jesus is because they are so poor that they can't even PAY atention (yes that was a joke). So in the next verse they're all saying "I wonder where he is going durrr." I'm really suprised these people didn't die from an intracranial aneurysm since they have to think so hard from the lack of teamwork their brain cells are doing since there is only maybe 6 left. So then all the people are saying "Ahhhhhhh we can't understand even though he has been saying he is sent from god and he will return to he whom sent me, and we know that god is in heaven. Urghh why can't we have more brain cells the mental strain is too much." *pop*, the sound of a mans head exploding.

I think that one miracle jesus should have done is bless these people with a few more brain cells so that they may be able to comprehend what he is saying to them.

Oh and this whole time typing I have been eating a BLT sandwich and might I say it is delicious.

Also tonight I plan to redeem myself from last wednesday and show you my cool fantastical new moves like the spiral, BTB butterfly, my wraps, and just the typical basic stuff.

Anonymous said...

wow there's so much 2 say but i dont have enough time=[
i have 2 go2st pete agian...
i have 2 spend the night & cant go 2 youth...
sorry=[
if tessa comes tell her im sorry i couldnt make it...
ive been txtin her 4 2days...

well i gotta leave bye=[

Amy :) said...

on Thursday about 3:30pm!!! (i will be back!!!)


those people r weird they should be like hey theres jesus lets go worship him! but nope they want to kill him after he's done wonderful things 4 them. there u go with your endings again that ending is awesome and it sums up this passage in like 20 words. we can come to jesus just like those people back then and we can do it now. theres no need to wait.

Tylermon33 said...

this is saying that the people on the street want Jesus dead plain and simple. they don't think that He is the Christ because they know where He is from (on earth), but then He goes on to say, but do you know who my Father is. then after that the Jews try to capture Jesus and Jesus says i will go to a place were you can't find me, and after that they thought that He was going to Greece to teach the greeks. after Jesus is gone the people are thinking to themselves will the Messiah, when He comes, do more miricles then this man. we need to believe that that was the Messiah on the earth doing those miricles. we need to believe in God.

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO........ HOW ABOUT THEM CELTICS......THEY COMPLETELY BLEW-OUT THE LAKERS........ THEY WON THE NBA FINALS!!!!!!!! WOOOOOO HOOOOOO. i did my devos. today for yesterday (tuesday) because i was just to tired last night after the Boston game to do them so i did them today.

Anonymous said...

Ok well i dont really understand what this is talking about but im gonna try so here i go so these people do not like Jesus for some reason which is weird because all hes ever done is help everyone but i think these people are kinda jeauslous because he can do all these miracles and also probably because they have to have some sort of angry other wise Jesus wouldnt have been crucified.

Jessica M said...

Volleyball is going well but yeah the "Crack of Dawn" Whoohoo it is funnn.... PYSCH :( !!!!!!!

So the Jews are still seeking to kill Jesus. But yet they sometimes say how they are amazed with Jesus! What is up with that? Some believed in Christ and some did not but it doesn't matter cause Jesus is still Christ and will always be. So because HE is Christ let us learn to obey, listen to Him, and tell others to do the same as well.

These dumb so called "leaders" and local people are all talking on the street about how Jesus cannot possibly be the Messiah! Why though? They said it was because they did not know What He Said. Where He’s From. And What He Did.

If we believe like a lot of us say we do, than we need to start living like that! WAIT, What am I talking about WE I think it should be more I. Like Pastor Lee talked about tonight, we need to learn to be "hot" for God and on fire for Him not lukewarm for Him. Plus I really do not want to see God throw up eeewwww lol because it will get us noooo where!

Peace ;)

Jess

Phil said...

pastor lee i'm sorry that i'm a slacker and that I quit life... Do YOU forgive me? please... btw sorry i'm doing them so late my mom told me to bathe so I obeyed her like the fifth commandment says to yeah the COLD shower was nice haha jk so yeah how's everyone? EUPHEMISM (you have to be jon or me to understand) shrimp on the barbie sorry I like being random at the least random moments i'm gonna quit though especially around pastor lee and any people in the youth group no more jokes for me everyone seems to think i'm stupid when I say them yeah guess who I saw today at the movies... my teacher ugh it was funny because his son (maybe) was walking and almost tripped and my mom saw him and I caught it a lil bit and she was cracking up and so was I and brenden was just laughing at us for laughing so hard and yeah I drooled all over my mom's arm that's the power of falling PASTOR LEE I'M SORRY IF THAT STORY WAS TOO LONG FOR YOUR LIKING

so pretty much jesus told these people who wanted to kill him that they both know him and where i'm from and I have not come for me but for my father who you don't know then they didn't take him cause it wasn't his time then people are still like will he do more? why won't he do more? and the pharisees heard this (eavesdroppers) and they sent the popo to catch him then jesus said I will stay a lil bit longer but then they're gonna take me and kill me then he said you will try to find me but you will not and you can't come where I go then the jews said where can he go that we can't find him? does he intend to teach the greeks? then they were like whaaaaaaat? what did he mean by you can't find me cause you can't come where I am?


so yeah jessica do it for pheobe

another inside-ish joke thing

I had to spell her name like she did in that one episode

P as in pheobe
H as in heobe
E as in eobe
O as in obe
B as in bebe
and E as in... 'ello there mate

until next time... hasta luego amigos y amigas and I didn't have to use babel fish for that one AAAAAND i'm pretty sure the usage is correct

Phil said...

what is pysch... oh did you mean psych I got ya now

Rachel☺; said...

lol josh, that was weird/funny.
and if phillip is sorry for being "late" idk what i should be
:/
but i guess sorry, im really tired today and offschedule. i was thinking, and im going to try to do these earlier in the day (when i wake up, which really isnt too early but you catch my drift) to show the imporantance of devotions in my priorities. Dont kill me with my own words now; i said try :P
okay (:, well im semi-confused here, but what i think i understand is there are a lot of confused people and a few understanding people with different opinions of Jesus; majority of which were wrong.
Im just guessing that maybe some of the people who didnt believe in Him wre probably skeptical for the fact that they were baffled by what Jess was doing.
I used to be the same way and think to myself; 'that seems pretty much impossible to me', thinking that i was being logical, when the real logic is much deeper than i can really relate to and is formed with trust in it and the Lord.
Im also guessing some of these people didnt know what to think and saw the works of Him but didnt fully believe. Some probably just didnt inside but put on an external act. (idk if im still making sense anymore but ill keep going, lol.)
These 'vantage points' remind me of the places people have in their relationsips with the Lord;; some are halfway there (warm), totally unaccepting (cold), or steadfast for Him (hottt). And like pastor Lee talked about tonight; the only one we are wanted to be is HOT for God.

Kacey! said...

One thing that really stuck out ot is that God always tells us what we need to hear. Whenever I am struggling with something in my life, either in my devotions or in church, God always pionts out my wrong. We just need to be willing to listen to Him. And then change.

Anonymous said...

ok so i brought my bible 2 st pete w/me & my 8YEAR OLD BROTHER DID EM W/ME& UNDERSTOOD EVERY WORD!!!heres what HE said:

the jews shouldve believed Christ was the Messiah &dont try 2 kill him cuz his time hasnt come yet cuz jesus is supposed2die on the cross so we can accept him in2 our hearts. Christ KNOWS(he EMPHASIZED that word) he has 2die on the cross & wasnr supposed 2 die yet. They dont believe in jesus&cant find him cuz he'll b in heaven& they cant go there cuz they dont believe...thats what Jesus means when he says where hes gonna go, they aint gonna find him

HOW AMAZING IS THAT!!!MY BROTHER got that on his own, & i agree w/him!i do have sumthin 2 add2it tho...they know who Christ is & where hes from(EARTHLY) but they dont KNOW him & WHERE hes from if that makes sense, & the DEF dont know who the head hancho is who sent him...

my brothers just like me(mini stories-lol-)

Anonymous said...

btw, what he said i wrote down WORD 4 WORD...i didnt change a single word...although i just noticed i misspelled a word when typin it-lol-

oo & my friend from IL Lizzy may check out the website!!!waitin 4 her 2get back from the brewers baseball game

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!