FRIDAY, June 20th, 2008

After going through each one fo your comments yesterday, I had to acknowledge that you guys are eccentric. (Look it up) But I definitely enjoy reading your weird, animated, exciting devotional comments! Keep up the good work!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GABY!!

Many Thoughts From Yesterday:
Rachel: I agree with you: I am glad that I dont have the "right" to judge, because I dont think I would show as much grace and mercy as Jesus did! Thats Why He Is So Great!
Josh S: I am not sure what you were saying yesterday? Read over your comment before you post it next time :) I am glad you are being so faithful!
Josh L: Be careful man... It is not a light thing that many of the people we read about are in Hell, you keep saying how stupid they are, but WE DO THE EXACT SAME THING! so be careful! But I do enjoy your animation very much... AND CONGRATS ON THE CAR!!!! THAT IS SWEET! You need to come and take me for a ride! (Can you drive alone yet?)
CARY: I BET YOU JUST COULD NOT DO YOUR DEVOS IF THERE WERE NO SUCH THING AS CAPITAL LETTERS!! AND WHAT IS "LALALALALALALALA..."
Tyler: Great Job: We do just need to leave the judging up to Jesus. He is the best at it!
Lucy: Girl! They were about to STONE HER!! did you not see that part?
Brooke: Glad I could be of service to you this morning... I almost texted you back on accident :) hey, chill out with the "Karma" :) that is a Hindu belief about fate that has nothing to do with God!
Alex: Shiney Pebbles? Very Cool! You really think your mom is going to let you go to England with a bunch of Drummers? I would be very suprised!
Jon: we listen to you! Did you see Josh's comment after yours yesterday?
Amy: ARE YOU HOME NOW? Call me so I can explain the inf about our trip! Glad Your Back!
Jessica M: Hey Congrats on your License! Listen now you need to be doing your devotions more than ever! And we all need to praying like crazy that She doesnt run over us! :) J/K


John 7: 21-30
21 Then Jesus said to them again, “I am going away, and you will seek Me, and will die in your sin. Where I go you cannot come.”
22 So the Jews said, “Will He kill Himself, because He says, ‘Where I go you cannot come’?”
23 And He said to them, “You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.
24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”
25 Then they said to Him, “Who are You?” And Jesus said to them, “Just what I have been saying to you from the beginning.
26 I have many things to say and to judge concerning you, but He who sent Me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I heard from Him.”
27 They did not understand that He spoke to them of the Father.
28 Then Jesus said to them, “When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things.
29 And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him.”
30 As He spoke these words, many believed in Him.

It seems like every single day that Jesus is trying to explain to these people that He is the savior of the World, yet they wont believe... Now before we go and judge these people I first want us to understand: If Jesus were here among us, he would be trying to convince us that He is the savior of the world...

You may say: Pastor Lee, I already believe that Jesus is God and that He is the savior of the world. And I would say: They why dont your actions prove it...

Your actions prove your beliefs! If you say you believe but you don't obey there is a serious problem... So Dont judge them, judge yourself!

On to the devotions:

In Verses 21 - 24 Christ is explaining that He is the savior of the world, the payor of sins, the one true King that should be lifted up, and what do they say in verse 25? They ask: Ok, so who are you? AAAHHHHH!!!! Jesus responds: " I am exactly what I have been saying from the beginning!!!" Jesus had so much patience with these men. There is so much application here:

Even when people do not want the truth, or do not know the truth, or will not listen to the truth, I must be patient as Christ was. I must not get frustrated, I must lovingly explain it again!

Verse 27... They still do not understand!

Many times: We Just Dont Get It Either! How can we hear a message about something and then walk out the door and forget it, doing exactly what we just learned not to do?!?!

I love the end of this passage: Verses 28-29 make it clear that Jesus was here to do the will of His father. What a great example: although He was God in the flesh, He still chose to obey God the father... It says: "I always do those things which please Him"

That should be our Goal. We should strive to ALWAYS do those things which please God.

What did you learn?

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

woot woot 1st!-lol-
yeah, i got up around 7 cuz thats when u ususally post em...im gonna try 2 get my bro on here 2...brb

Anonymous said...

Or NOT he's stll sleepin!

c my brother was right on w/devos 2days ago!They don't know Christ or where he's from cuz he's from above&they refuse2believe it...

they CANT go where he's goin cuz
“You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world."

I cant belive they asked if he'd kill himself!NO OF COURSE NOT! He'd go str8 2hell & they'd find him there & 2...if he was gonna kill himself, y not just let them do it instead...


24] Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”


this is a GREAT verse! This basically says what u gotta do 2 b w/Christ!Believe he's CHRIST...if u dont u'll die of ur sin...(ur soul)but believe he's the Christ & ull live(ur soul)

Back2them bein IGNORANT! They ask who he is & he ONLY SAYS IT PRACTICALLY EVERY TIME HE SPEAKS!!!if they just listened from the get-go they'd KNOW!!!

So Christ bein the awesom man he is tells them AGAIN & manages 2 keep his cool...i couldnt do that after all this! So he explains AGAIN, & they have NO idea they're hearing about God the father(cuz they havent listened 2 Christ b4)

Verses 28-30 are basically sayin, when u decide 2 lift me up(cuz they'd believe) ull understand who i am & who sent me...& that im not full of myself or tryin 2 be somethin im not...

29] says how God is ALWAYS around(omnipresent)& is w/Christ cuz he does things 2 Please God the father...which hes implying, "u dont do things 2please my father so he caannot b w/u...he's holy & seperate from sin=]

30] just says they (most)FINALLY believed who he was after like his ZILLIONTH time sayin pretty much the same thing!

WHATS COOL IS: had he NOT kept his cool & NOT explained who he was again...MANY ppl wouldnt believe...HOW GREAT IS THAT!?!?!?

k im gonna go wake up my bro 2do these it 8 min...

THANK U PASTOR LEE!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
IM A BLUES BROTHER (brooke's bro tyler) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
IM A BLUES BROTHER (brooke's bro tyler) said...

THE ARMY TANK IS UP!!!(puppy's eatin his honey bunches of oats-lol-)here we go:

he says: i get that they r from down under because ughhh...cuz they r not good & sin & u cant b in heaven w/god if us sin...shesus(jesus...he pronounced it wrong-lol-)is from above which is heaven right sissy?so they cant go...

he says its VERY cool2go 2heaven2b w/god...

25] Then they said to Him, “Who are You?” And Jesus said to them, “Just what I have been saying to you from the beginning.

he picked out that verse & told me that he thinks it means he's the begining & he's been sayin it FROM the begining who he is...we wants 2 type now...

but he is the beginning of the start and if u dont believe that you cant go to heaven with him

Anonymous said...

What hit me like a ton of bricks today was "Where I go you can not come." I can get out of bed, brush my teeth, make a bowl of cereal and eat it - but when I think 'bout it - I can not do that on my own - God allows me the breath, the strength, the smarts - even the teeth to chomp the cereal and brush! There is only one way to go where on my own I can not go - that is through beliving in Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for me... and for you! Yep - I cannot go where... but He loves me enough and is patient enough to guide me like He was guiding these people... Am I loving & thankful enough to follow? and to lead others? HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD!
~PLMA

Rachel☺; said...

okay so i just woke up 45 minutes ago minutes ago but im still posting 15 hours earlier than usual lol.
The best part of this passage to me is verses 28/29.
There, He is telling them that Hes not trying to boost His status or be there with them for any ungodly reason; its all for His fathers glory.
We should be the same way and live in a way where we can be looked at as children of God. And, if we are saved and considered a child of God, shouldnt we follow our father like Jesus did? Kind of like the way we (should) treat our earthly fathers; follow as they say because its for your best.
So, like Jesus did here, we should do like verse 29 (try) to be that devoted to Gods work.

HADOKEN!!! said...

Acctualy pastor Lee my mom isn't being too bad about it she said that she's a little worried but she wants me to go.

This passage talks about belief. Jesus is telling these men where I am headed(heaven) you cannot come. And they just don't seem to get it. He tells them that the only way to meet Him there is to believe in Christ. This goes for all unsaved Christians as well.

Robert J Bellis-Nottingham said...

I think that when you please God, he is with you, I mean he is with you all the time, but when you please God, you are really with him.

Jesus is insanely patient with people who strive for just more proof and more understanding.

I think people are like that. I even have that problem. People say they love you, you should take what they say if you love them, and be patient, not turn around and tell them I want more proof, I want more to understand. Because Nobody is like Jesus where Jesus would be patient and understanding, most people aren't and they would give up. So if we are more like Jesus, then we can lead by example, and it would help most of our relationships with our parents, friends, family, and loved ones.

Furthermore these passages go to state that it's God's will to believe in Jesus, and only in believing can you be saved from your sin. (of course you have to try not to sin, even though noone is perfect)

Once again a very uplifting passage!!!
-Rob

FoOtBaLl XtReMiSt (cary) said...

WAT I GOT OUT OF THE PASSAGE IS... THAT WHEN JESUS TALKS ABOUT HOW HE DOES NOTHING UNDER HIS OWN POWER.. BUT BY THE POWER OF THE FATHER. AND I THINK THAT IS HOW WE SHOULD HAVE OUR MIND. WE MAKE STUPID DESICIONS THAT REALLY EFFECT OUR LIVES, AND I THINK THAT THOSE DESICIONS COULD REALLY TURN OUT FOR THE BEST IF WE CONSIDER GOD IN OUR DESCISIONS.

PEACE... :O

FoOtBaLl XtReMiSt (cary) said...

p.s---- i was up till 3 last night sooo... im gonna have asleep when i write my devos. today... soo.... bare with me

FoOtBaLl XtReMiSt (cary) said...

lol woops that last comment made no sense... SPELL CHECK?!?!?!

red head said...

i don't really get it but i think i will make an effort

i think he saying if you walk in jesuses light he will bless you

Jessica M said...

heyyy now I don't run over anyone unless......I don't like you hahaha JK :)

Lets see now...Jesus does show a tremendous amount of patience in these passages. I need to work on my patience!:/ He is trying to tell these people that because they are of this world, they have to die. And because when they die they will suffer because of their sins. BUT, because Christ has come to save the world, if they believe they can have eternal life.
Jesus also says how God His father is true and just and He is here to tell the people of their wrongs but also to show them love and mercy. Jesus wanted only to please His father and wanted to show us that we need to try to make that the most important thing in our lives.
We become busy with the things of this world and our priorities change. Like for me example and volleyball all the time but especially around this time of year volleyball becomes SOOOO important in my life...but I know that it needs to be
1. CHRIST
2. FAMILY
Then vball should fall underneath that....

Okay got to go to volleyball now cya later hahahaha just kidding I didn’t have it today lol


Love always, Jess

Anonymous said...

PASTOR LEE!!!
I posted the song on my blog if ya wanna check it out=]

idk...its good 4 a poem def. but idk...im not good w/songs...check it out anyways please & tell me what ya think...& if u think its good...in ur thought for the day u can tell people 2 check it out if ya wanna...

the meaning behind it is...its true 2 me...i wrote it from the heart...call me2morrow or whenever u c it & tell me what ya think...im anxious

Tylermon33 said...

this starts out buy Jesus saying that He is going to a place where they wont be able to find Him again. so they are thinking that He is going to kill Himself, but then He says that He is from above (heaven) and that they are from beneath (earth) and that they will die in their sins searching for Him if they don't believe in Him. then they ask Him again "who are you", if that was me and i just explained who i was for the past few days and they asked me that question then i probably would have exploded on them, but Jesus had patience with these people and explained it to them again. when Jesus said that He spoke to them from the Father (God) they were very confused because they didn't think that a normal person could talk to God, but Jesus wasn't a normal person He was the Son of God. finally when He said if you know the Father (God) then you will know Me and that He only did things that His Father told Him to do, many people believed that day. so really we need to be patient with other people when trying to tell them about Jesus and God because they probably wont get everything you are saying to them the first time, and also we need to obey the authority over us just like Jesus did when He said that He only did things that His Father told Him to do.

Phil said...

sorry i'm doing them so late I normally do but I had to make a lasagna and boooooy was it good so um yeah i'm a slacker I know but sorry

so Jesus says i'm leaving and you'll try to find me but you never will and you'll look so long that you'll die sinners and they say is he gonna kill himself because he said we can't go where he goes and he says you're from below i'm from up above you're from here i'm not so I say you'll die in your sins then they're all like who are you anyway?! and he's all like just what i've been saying from the beginning I have many things to say and judge you upon but he who sent me is true and I tell the world what I heard from him and they didn't know he meant !GOD! when you edify the son of man you'll know who I am and that I don't do anything for me but as my father taught me I say these things and the one that sent me will always be with me as he is now and he hasn't left me yet because I do the things he likes


and many believed him

SO... happy birthday gaby and um yeah... next time you see me call me a slacker

Anonymous said...

Really what I got out of this was simple- I believe in God, I need to have my actions show it. The part of the passage that says that Jesus always does the perfect will of His Father is amazing! That needs to be my daily prayer that everything I do needs to reflect Jesus Christ.

Phil said...

IDK Y BUT I MADE A BLOG COME JOIN....... MUAHAHAHA!

http://your-daily-word.blogspot.com/

weird high school kid said...

HAPPY DAY AFTER YOUR BIRTHDAY GABY!!!

Hey Pastor Lee on July 10th how about we rent out the whole park. They allow you to do that from 6-9 p.m. and it will only cost $1650 for 1 hour $3300 for 2 hours and $4950 for 3 hours. Of course that didn't include tax.

I'm glad I made you smile last night Pastor Lee.

Yay I finally got my car! That one dealer is so inpunctual and has a horrible time estimate for the paper work cause his 30 mins. took about 50 mins. Anyways I'll be driving Tuesday since the stupid DMV is closed Monday. I'll be so angry if I find out that they're open on Sunday when I go Teusday.

I'm so happy these people are starting to believe it brings me such joy. Man verse 26 really made me think jesus has MUCH to say and judge of us. Maybe the reason why he says the word MUCH is because of our sinful life and how we can't even keep all of the 10 commandments, and just think about it there are hundreds of gods commandments in the bible according to a book I read about 5 months ago. Anyways since I really don't like lectures or when people judge me that means I need to straighten up my act so jesus won't have as much to say and judge me for.

Oh man am I tired and I have to wake up in 3 hours. Yawn oh well good night everyone or if you want to be technical good morning!

weird high school kid said...

wow I was just looking at phobias and there some really wierd ones like Anuptaphobia- Fear of staying single or Clinophobia- Fear of going to bed. Then there is one I don't think any man Caligynephobia- Fear of beautiful women. There are even ones I never thought could exist Arachibutyrophobia- Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth. I bet this is why so many people are failing in school Epistemophobia- Fear of knowledge. There are so man more but I still have to go to sleep and now I only have 1 hour and 45 mins. to sleep.

Amy :) said...

yeah i'm home we talked @ the wedding about stuff.

in this passage i learned that we need to forget on whatever our ways r we need to change them to God's ways instead. So that they please God not us. We need to please God not self.

Aznricerunr[PN] said...

HAPPY B-DAY GABY love you girl your my number 1 girl and you will always will be,hope it was fun for you and hope you like my poster that i spent like a million dollars on!


Jesus is saying that since you are of this world and I am perfect I cannot be with you because I am pure and I cannot be with anything that is unpure. I am dieing for you and you will be saved if you believe that i died for your sins and you will go to heaven and have everlasting life! He then goes to say that he is here for his father (GOD) to tell everything that God has told him. He has sent his son for you and to take away all that is bad for you.

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!