THURSDAY, June 19th, 2008

Hello to All! I hope you enjoyed a great night sleep last night! Willbroke a new record last night! He slept until 7:15 this morning! YEAH!!!! Well, I hope that you were in church last night! We had a great time playing games, eating Nachos and being challenged by the word of God. I hope that last nights message worked in your heart! Remember, just like Ice cream is supposed to be cold, and split pea soup is supposed to be warm, Christians are supposed to be HOT! So get the stuff that makes you cold or warm out of your life! Be Hot for the Lord!

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday:
Alex: Good Job being first! I forgot to award you guys last night! I will make up for it next week!
Josh L: Man I wish you were there in Bible times, because then you could have set all of those "ignorant people" straight. :) You are crazy man! I like to read you devos! I was dying when you said: "I think the miracle that Jesus should have done is give these people more brain cells"
Brooke: We will miss your miniature books! Herry back on when you can!
Jessica M: It is 8:35 AM and while I am doing my devos and eating breakfast in the rain, you are sweating to death at volleyball practice. Ha! : )
Phil: Your story was not "too long for my liking" because I could look down and see that it did eventually end at the end of the paragraph!
Rachel: What in the world did you do last night from 9:00 until 12:40 when you finaly decided to do your devos! :) I am glad that you are going to "try" to do your devotions earlier!

John 8:1-11
1 Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.
2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.
3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

What a great story! This is one of my "top 55 favorite stories in the bible!" It is such a great picture of mans wickedness and Gods love and forgiveness! So Jesus goes up to the mount of Olives! (Pastor Chip has been there! How cool is that!) And while Jesus is there teaching, once again the "religious" people try to cause trouble! They go and "find" a woman who is caught in the VERY ACT of adultery... (Is anyone else wondering how they knew that she was caught in the act? It was probably one of two things: 1. They were watching her "in the act" or 2. They knew she was getting into the situation and they let her commit this horrible sin, just so they could use her as an example)...When they bring her to Jesus they say: What do you have to say about this; Moses told us to stone her? What do you say?

This was another one of those moments where they were trying to trick Jesus into making a rash judgment, so that they could accuse Him of wrong doing... But Jesus is God, and He is wisdom in the flesh, Jesus knew exactly what they were trying to do... So Jesus said this:

He who is without sin let him cast the first stone!

What a great statement! Noe of these men had any right to attack this woman, If they were truely Godly men, then would have tried to help her and heal her and love her, not embarass her and try to kill her. What were they thinking?

They were thinking the same thing that we often think!

So often we will Look down on what other people do, instead of loving and helping them through it! Jesus very clearly says, dont stone anyone of you have committed sin yourself!

Now we do not stuggle with stoning people literally, but we struggle with stoning people in our thoughts, and in our words... Dont stone people mentally, verbally, or in any way unless you are wihtout sin. AND BY THE WAY: You are not without sin. Only Christ is, and He did not stone the woman, he told her...

Neither do I condemn thee, Go and sin no more!

That should be our motivation to live for Christ, although he had every right to condemn us for our sin, He did not. He chose to love us, and to give Himself for us, so that we would "go and sin no more"

GO! SIN NO MORE! Get the cold stuff out of your life so that you can be Hot for God!

21 comments:

Rachel☺; said...

FIRST!?!?!

Rachel☺; said...

((:
pastor lee; i had to talk on the phone lol.
Well this reminds me of previous days where weve talked about not trying to point out other peoples problems when we have our own.
This is kind of like that, in the sense that these people were taking judgement into their own hands once again.
Idk, but im kind of glad that i dont have the ability that Jesus does to judge us because i dont think im all that graceful? lol.
Knowing also, that His judgement is much more gracious, i shouldnt even want to try to judge people my own; the judgers will be judged.
So, as i sometimes do unfairly, need to remember my place isnt to judge people and their lifestyles but to lead them to the real judge.

red head said...

wooowww some tough stuff get it ohh wats the point

well #1 i think that they were thinking of stoning her but said no and rose his finger and healed the woman of her wrong doings

weird high school kid said...

So yesterday I was angrily typing at those people's inability to comprehend such simple words that now they may be in hell. Although today I laugh, I laugh because these people remind me so much of my younger days. For example obviously these people are trying to make jesus look bad, but jesus just comes back at them and make them look extremely bad. Kinda like how **** told my mom that I had my eyes open during prayer. How would **** know that my eyes were open if his/her eyes weren't open as well. Anyways so basically these men need to sit down and listen to pastor lee's sermons otherwise they would know to fix their own misteaks before others.

Hey message to anyone at church last night I hope none of you drank out of my glass bottle of apple juice cause right now I have an extremely bad sore throat, its hard to breathe, and i think my tonsils are so swollen that I can taste them on the back of my tounge.

weird high school kid said...

hey PL do you think that you could use that one timer post thing to make each post on the blog at a consistent time like maybe 0600 a.k.a. 6 a.m. or maybe 7 in the morning would be nice.

Robert J Bellis-Nottingham said...

Wow, how truly amazing.

I think this is so important, because most people who act, forget this. How can we judge others when we pretend not to be judged ourselves, or how can we assume what others have done and how to judge them when we sneakily have our own sins that we try to hide.

I have been having an incredibly hard time today, something akin to this actually.

Trying to concentrate on who did what wrong, and what to do about it, isn't always the answer. Forgiveness and Wisdom is.

To truly walk the path of Jesus is really hard. It's completely amazing the courage and strength he had to do the things he did.

Treating people how you want to be treated isn't always easy, especially when they don't treat you how they want to be treated. But leading by example, and doing the right thing, is the fruit of our trees. Is it really worth the pain and damage to make fruit that is un-Christian, to try to right someone elses fruit? Whe don't even have the power to truly make someone bear the fruit they should, but by leading by example and treating people the way we want to be treated, they can see how to make the fruit that is pure and kind, and forgiving, and choose to do it on their own. For Choosing to your actions and producing fruit that is amazing and Godly, is the right thing to do, even if it's hard at times.

I love this passage.
Thank you Lee for posting it!
It's something that I needed to hear/read.

-Rob

FoOtBaLl XtReMiSt (cary) said...

WOW JESSICA M. WE HAVE ABOUT THE SAME SUMMER SO FAR... WE BOTH GOT SPORTS AT 7:30 A.M. HERES MY SCHEDULE...

6:30 A.M.: WAKE UP :)
7:30 A.M.: BEGIN CONDITIONING.
8:30 A.M.: WEIGHT LIFTING.
9:30-11:00: FOOTBALL/BASKETBALL PRACTICE. :O
11:30 A.M.- BED TIME: FIND SOMETHING TO DO...

OK NOW TO THE DEVOS.! :O

I THINK IT IS SOOOO FUNNY WHEN PEOPLE TELL PEOPLE TO CORRECT SOMETHING WHEN THEY HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM... "PRACTICE WAT'CHA PREACH" THATS WAT WE ALWAYS USED TO SAY. BUT...... I THINK THAT JUDGING PEOPLE IS JUST.... WELL... IT MAKES YOU SOUND KINDA.. STUPID?? YES.. THATS IT.. STUPID. THERES THIS PERSON IN MY 3RD HR. CLASS... SHE ALWAYS JUDGED PEOPLE... AND IT GOT SO BAD WERE I WAS THINKING ABOUT SAYING SOME THINGS IM GLAD I DIDNT SAY... BUT ITS GOOA BEC. IM OUT OF THAT CLASS.. AND NO MORE OF THAT PERSON... THAT ALONE IS ONE MORE REASON LIFE IS GREAT FOR ME RIGHT NOW. LOL J/K. WELL...


I CANT COME TO CHURCH FOR ABOUT ANOTHER 2 WEEKS... ME AND TYLER ARE LEAVING FOR A BASKETBALL CAMP IN LAKELAND SUNDAY MORNING WITH LEMON BAY. AND THAT GOES TILL THURSDAY... AFTER THAT, MY DAD IS PICKING ME UP AND IM GOING TO HIS HOUSE FOR A WEEK UP IN ST. AUGISTINE. YAY! WELL SEEA GUYS L8ER....... :O

PEACE

FoOtBaLl XtReMiSt (cary) said...

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

FoOtBaLl XtReMiSt (cary) said...

LOL I CANT BELIEVE I JUST DID THAT.... WWWWOOOWWW...

Tylermon33 said...

this says that Jesus was on the mount of olives and then He went to the temple to do some stuff, and while He was there the Jews brought a women who had committed adultery. the Jews said that Moses said that the adulterers should be stoned and asked Jesus for His opinion, so Jesus said no one that has sinned can stone her but no one did anything and little by little they all started to leave. finally when the Jews were all gone Jesus told the women to go and to sin no more. so we need to examine our lives first to see if we are spiritually closer to God, but then again we shouldn't even examine other peoples lives at all, that is God's job and He will do what He wants in their lives, so just leave it to God and we need to deal with our own lives.

Anonymous said...

HAY HAY! ok so I went to the orthodontists today and I got REALLY irritating spacers, and know I have a headache so I don't know if I'll be able to focus as well as usual! but I'll try my best!
I don't really think that those people who took that lady to Jesus was trying to embarrass her. I think they were trying to help her cause they probably thought that Jesus could have a better impact on her life! but I could be wrong, and what kind of name is "Mount Olives"?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?

Anonymous said...

PASTOR LEE PASTOR LEE PASTOR LEE PASTOR LEE PASTOR LEE PASTOR LEE PASTOR LEE PASTOR LEE PASTOR LEE PASTOR LEE PASTOR LEE PASTOR LEE PASTOR LEE PASTOR LEE PASTOR LEE PASTOR LEE PASTOR LEE PASTOR LEE PASTOR LEE PASTOR LEE PASTOR LEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHECK OUT MY DEVOS YESTERDAY!!!i REALLY think ull like what u find!!!

k my legs feel like jello(now i want jello) cuz ive been ridin my bike4 4 hrs gettin job applications...so let's concentrate!!!

I LOVE how Christ 4gives the woman& just tells her2sin no more!
You've got a point PASTOR LEE, they WERE doing1 of those 2 things...& 4 "religious" ppl, thats REALLY bad...

for 1, if they're "religious" they shouldnt b tryin 2 make Christ look bad

&2 ud think they'd learn that only he can judge...the past few days ive noticed these ppl r rather BLOOD THIRSTY!!!

Josh is right, hey lack the brain cells 2 understand SIMPLE things!they're ignorant & my tryin 2 make Christ & the woman look bad only made THEMSELVES look bad & Christ BETTER...a lil thing i like 2 call

KARMA!!!

this all just brings us back 2 our previous message(as rachel mentioned) we need 2 fix ourselves b4 helpin others...& even if we fix ourselves we still have NO right 2 judge ANY!

as ive said TIME & TIME AGAIN, christ is PERFECT & is COMPLETLY deserving of the judging us cuz he was perfect, but he DOESNT!so we have ABSOLUTLY NO RIGHT 2DO SO!

he did an AMAZING thing 4 that woman!even when we've been so...sinful...he CONTINUES to love us & ALWAYS b there...
********************************************************************************************************************************************
which btw PASTOR LEE i finished the song...& 2days passage goes along w/part of it

"cuz even after ive been selfish & fake,u died upon that cross 4 me,
& promised 2 1 day bring me home"

call me up pastor lee so i can read it 2 u...actually, ill try & call u...

********************************************************************************************************************************************
k ive gotta fill out 12 job applications now sooo...yeah...


later taters

weird high school kid said...

YAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm finally getting my first car and it will be officially mine 6/20/2008 at approximately 4:30 p.m. It is a green 626 Mazda, and I'm also getting a job at Olde World near Win*Dixie, AND my license on the 23rd. I feel so happy and blessed right now that I feel like skipping around like a giddy young schoolgirl. JUST KIDDING but I am very happy.

HADOKEN!!! said...

I like this passage because we tend to accuse others of sinning when in doing so we are sinning by being hypocrates. These guys caught a woman commiting adultry so they take her to Jesus and ask if she should be stonned(pummeled with rocks, boulders, and the occasional shiney pebble). Then Jesus says to them whomever among you has never sinned please be free to throw the first stone. Sure enough all the men were convicted of some sin that they had commited and left. Jesus kindly told the woman that she was pardened of her sins and to be on her way.

This is crazy the Drum & Bugle Corps. at my school just had a meeting and they want to change our trip to San Francisco to a trip where we get to play a concert in ENGLAND!!!!! I'm sooooo excited we get to stay there for a week!

Anonymous said...

I was really thinking about this passage and trying to get some application out of it that I hadn't thought of before, and this is what I came up. What would have happened if Jesus had condemned this woman. Obviously she would have been stoned and probably killed. Let's think about it a little less extreme- if she weren't facing consequnces of death. What would have impacted her more, to see the wrath of Christ or the grace of Christ? I know growing up if I did something wrong and my parents got really mad at me it was a lot less effective than if they just lovingly talked to me. Their disappointment with me motivated me a lot more than if they were yelling. That is basically what we see in this passage. Jesus lovingly confronted her instead of condemning her- we see what the life changing experience did too. This really has motivated me to deal with situations with love and not with anger or frustration. If you deal with things by showing love and grace, it is so much more effective.

Anonymous said...

Ok i know im not first very often at all but its so much more eaiser to do them at night i can focus better and its just FUN ok sry idk why i talk no one listens.jk
Ok so they bring this women to Jesus because they caught her having an afair and they say to Jesus that she sined and they like start quoteing scripture to Jesus and its like hello he wrote it what are u dumb thats like if i wrote a book and Josh comes up to me and says have you read this book well duh i wrote it!!!So then they say we should stone her and Jesus says well ok if you havent sined then u can stone her. ok first of all who are you to judge her and punish her for her sin,thats Jesus`s Job.

weird high school kid said...

john i listen to you

Pastor Lee said...

Josh you are hilarious! I read your "Jon, I listen to you" and I was laughing out loud! Thanks for making me smile!

Amy :) said...

Sin is in our lives but we can avoid being bombbarded with it by praying and asking the Lord if He can help u with temptations. We need to not forget to do this if we are in a situation with a lot of temptations to sin.

weird high school kid said...

yay I finally made my own blog just like phil and pastor lee. Hey does anyone know what antidistablishmentarynism means?

Kacey! said...

I think it's funny how the people were so quick to punish the woman yet they were living in sin too. And I also think it's funny how they all left the room when Jesus said "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."

That's how we are sometimes. We like to piont out other peoples sin and yet we have sin in our life too. That's judging people and that's a sin! Instead of pionting out other peoples sin and wanting to punish them and look down on them we should help them through their problems with love! That's the way Christ did it, and that's the way we should too.

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!