WEDNESDAY, February 11th, 2009

Hey Everyone! It was good to see 5 of you doing your devotions yesterday! I am excited about our reward trip coming up in about 2 weeks! We will have a great time!

I Peter 3:12 - 22

12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.
13 And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good?
14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;
15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.
17 For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.
18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

There is alot of great stuff in this passage! Think about verse 12 where it says that Jesus is always watching the righteous and the unrighteous! He knows who is who, that should make us want to strive to be Godly!!

Nobody likes to suffer! I was working out last night and I WAS SUFFERING! IT WAS PAINFUL!!! But God tells us that if we suffer for Him then we will be happy!! That explains why Paul could sing in a prison cell, although he was suffering He was VERY HAPPY!!

Finally verse 15... I made part of it VERY BOLD!!! It says that we should all be ready to give an answer for the hope that lieth within us... in other words: We should be able to explain to someone about Jesus Christ and why we believe in Him!!! This is so important! Have you ever talked with someone who was like... I KNOW ALL ABOUT THIS... but as you talked to them you realized they actually knew nothing!! Well, I have met those people, and it is the worst thing ever when it is Christians, because then everyone realizes that the person is being fake! Dont be fake! Have an answer for the hope that is in your heart!

5 comments:

McCue said...

I has a good time at work last night. The reason why is that during dinner a couple co-workers launched into a "religious" discussion. My boss was a little foolish but i had to work with it when I started asking him question I realized just how foolish he was and how his worldview was depressed because he didn't believe in God. He believed that not much could be worse than the hell he was living in now on earth. I had to tell him that I don't know much about hell or your life but Isn't it possible that there is something BETTER waiting for you. The best I could do was explain to him the historical validation of the bible and encourage him to read it. This was a tough discussion because my boss' rationale was that you cant believe any historical record because it has been written over and over by man. I was a little more productive, however opening doors with my friend sitting next to me whom realizes that although you can't prove all biblical record you cannot disprove it. Anyway I had a talk with him as well and encouraged him to read the bible. Maybe if I work on them some more I can have the chance to reach out. Sorry if that was long I was excited because it was difficult to work with them but the book I've read and will continue to read "Questioning Evangelism" is awesome and helped me out big time. Any that goes hand in hand with having an answer ready. Verse twelve is one I like because we need to remember that His eyes are always on us and His ears always open to prayer. There isn't much I can think of that I love more than waking up and talking to my Father in the morning.
LEE IM STOKED FOR MAN VS WILD I CHOPPED WOOD YESTERDAY AND SHARPENED MY AXE.@!!!!!!!

McCue said...

had*

Godservant said...

Wow. Verse 14 jumped at me. I had almost gotten into a fight today at school, but reading this verse is starting to calm me down a little. It started out like this: I was in gym, watching my friends playing basketball, I kept asking Jelly, (a friend's nickname) to trade in with me. He said like 7 times in a minute. So I put up with him, but I started getting bored. I started kicking vollyballs around the gym with my other friends, and John says to me I should get that ball from that kid over there. So I go over there and I ask the kid for the ball (he was doing nothing with it except holding it in his hands). He says no, and I tip it out of his hands and run away with it. 5 minutes later, he comes up to me with a vollyball in his hands and throws it at me with all that he has. Then he pushes me, twice, and he starts rambling on about me showing him with disrespect. I was thinking of saying to him what have you done to earn it, and then punching him in the face, but then I remembered my testimony for Christ, and I say i'm sorry to him. Of course he doesn't believe me, becaus he knows i'm just saying that so he will leave me alone. He walks away, and all my friends playing basketball see what happened, and they tell me I should have came to them so they could crush this loser. My friends could have crushed him like dropping an airplane on an ant. I tell them it was partially my fault, since I asked him to give me the ball and I took it from him even after he said no. But he shouldn't have come up to me trying to kill me like I killed his mother. Jose said I did the right thing, not fighting him. I got many different responses from different people I told, but EVERYONE knew why I didn't fight him. I wanted to say sorry again to him again, and I told Jose to stand next to me in case if he wanted more. But I never found him, and I'll just let Christ avenge my blood. (I wasn't bleeding, just figure of speech)

HADOKEN!!! said...

Wassup yall im back in black and on the devotions!!!
This passage talks about suffering for a righteous cause. It states that we should do things that are godly even if it means we have to suffer for it. Our willingness to suffer for a Godly purpose shows our faithfullness.

srry its so short i have to leave for church now.

Sarah B. said...

i really like the part that says we should be able to tell other how we got saved and why we believe in him. like the people who came to church tonight. how many times has somebody asked you why you believe in God and all you do is stand their in stupidity. =] we should be able to tell everyone why we belive in God.

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!