THURSDAY, February 12th, 2009

Well, today is Lincolns Birthday, and it is my Dad's Birthday! Happy Birthday!!!

Well, last night was lots of fun in youth group! I enjoyed having you guys there! We are going to have a fun month so make sure you are faithful!

I Peter 4

1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.
3 For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries:
4 Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you:
5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.
6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.
8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
9 Use hospitality one to another without grudging.

It is so easy to hold a grudge... it is so natural to stay mad at someone whenever they have wronged you or someone you care about... am I right? Many times we even try to hold on to our grudge like it is some little pet... we try to justify it, let it simmer on our hearts and minds.

What does God think about all that? God says: More than anything else: LOVE EACH OTHER!! why? Because LOVE COVERS A MULTITUDE OF SINS!!! wow, that is powerful in many ways... do you know why? Think about it...

God is telling us to love people so that it will cover their sins, dont focus on the wrong instead forgive them and focus on how great things could be if you forgive and love like Christ says too... I dont know about you, but maybe you are tempted to think: God cannot possibly want me to LOVE AND FORGIVE THAT PERSON!!!! But He does... let me explain...

If anyone has ever been wronged, It was Christ. Christ was ultimately wronged and yet he chose to "COVER A MULTITUDE OF SINS" and LOVE US by dying on the cross for us!

That is amazing!

I want to end with verse 4... it is great. Peter wrote this... There are some people out there that think I am crazy because I do not live the way that they live, I do not party the way that they party, I do not follow sin, the way that they follow sin...

Do people think that your crazy because you WILL NOT LIVE THE WAY THEY DO? or do people think that you are just like them?

7 comments:

McCue said...

This, passage is a Godsend, get it ! hah. No but really this means a lot to me in this season of my life. Verse 4 "They think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you:" This happens to be happening in my life. But in verse for this kind of lets me know what we should do even when people dislike us for wanting to stay away from the things we no longer walk in. "And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover a multitude of sins." To me this means even though they are not exactly nice to us or maybe they just thing you're a prat but that we can continue to do good to each other and to them.
-Michael R. McCue

weird high school kid said...

dfghjkjhgfdsdfyuiuyduytredcvbnkuydcvbhtrdsxcvbhytdcvbhju6rdcvbnhfdxcbhdsxcvbnmjhgfdguytressaertyureruyertuyfdfghgdf
ARGHH . i am so tired of this doing my devos on my phone i did them three times already and accidentaly deleted them 3 times.

Anyways this passage can be summed up to say why we should live our lives in a way that we strive to be like christ.

oh well thats all for today since i don't want to accidently delete this again.

AZN Master Chef signing out!

BYE-BEE

Godservant said...

I'm sure there are a few people I know in school that think i am wierd for not following there same sin. But there are some, and most, that understand I am a Christian and not following the sin that that infests people like a virus. Everyone I know in school KNOW I am Christian, because I told them. Now, I must prove it to them, and already have. I always tell my friends that I don't want to hear them curse or tell any sexual jokes. In gym, my friends will curse, and I will say to them, "You can't get to heaven with that language," and they usually stop after that. Of course I say it in like a joke format, because of two reasons. One, because If I say it in a serious tone, they will get ticked off and just curse again to get me annoied. Two, I want to establish a beachhead so eventually when they get used to not cursing, their decision to accept Christ won't be as hard. Two of my friends on day just said to me one day that they are going to stop cursing, because they saw they were doing it too much. I believe they saw everone cursing except me, so they realized if I can do it, so can they.

Anonymous said...

That's a great way to "let your light shine," Michael S. Keep up the good work. Whether you think so or not and whether you like it or not, people are watching you.

Mrs. W.

FoOtBaLl XtReMiSt (cary) said...

this passage is really telling us to be christlike to other people when they maybe arent being so nice to us. it tells us that we should strive to act like christ around people and in situations that dont really resemble christ.

Tylermon33 said...

this passage was mainly about loving and forgiveness. we need to be more like God when it comes to love and forgiveness. when someone wrongs us or does something mean or bad to us we would probably hold a grudge over them and not forgive them for a while if at all, but God would still love them just like He did when He died on the cross. we need to also forgive those people that have wronged us. we can't always hold a grudge over people because that will always make you mad and you will never be happy. instead we need to be more like God and forgive those that have wronged us and love everyone around you.

Anonymous said...

okay this passage is saying how we need to love everyone and not hold grudges against them and the things that they did to make you mad. This can relate to my life because there are people who have gotten me really mad by what they have said or done but in the end i just have to let it go love them like Christ does and forgive them. So basically we need to live our life the way that God would want us to meaning be more like Him. bye c yall Sunday

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!