WEDNESDAY, November 5th, 2008

Hey Everyone! There is a lot of information today! But it is good stuff, so take an extra few minutes to read it and apply it to your life.

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday:
Anonymous: I am glad that you feel that you can share with us on this blog. I am concerned though about some of your wording... Some of the things you said almost made it sound like you were trying to brag about your sin...

I did not want to delete your comment because I still feel like there is definitely alot to be learned from what you said...

First of all: I say all of this with love and not with an ounce of judgment, because I could be where you are in a second if it were not for the grace of God.

The key sentance that you said is: "I know it's time to get my life back on track"

Well, then there are some things that have to change... What got you off track? I know that you say that your friends love you and they are always there for you... I hope they are. Because if they are real friends, that care more about you than themselves, then they will not judge you if you tell them you need to break away from the weed and the homosexual lifestyle.

As I read your words, it is clear that all of those friends and their actions have become such a common place that it doesnt even bother you to say about your "closest" friends: "everymorning they are hungover". When sin becomes a commonplace it is very dangerous! That is why in yesterdays devotion it said: RUN AWAY FROM THOSE THAT ARE INVOLVED IN SIN!!

To be honest I have NO CLUE who you are... I cannot think of a cheerleader who was also on the devotional blog for a while... I am sorry... but I said that to let you know that I am not judging you or your friends... The fact is YOU SAID THE TRUTH YOURSELF...

"I remember when i wanted God in my life, and when i was saved.. i thought it was the most amazing feeling ever"

It is an amazing feeling, but that is not what it is all about... Feelings are emotions which can be deceiving... Your relationship with God should not be about feelings, but about fact... about the truth of Gods word. If you were saved then you are STILL SAVED... you cannot lose that. But you may be so wrapped up in the wrong things that you wonder how you could still be saved.

I want to help you, but I cannot help you on this blog in one day... Call me and I will schedule a time when we can get together for some counseling... with me or Katie...
Love you! And Praying For You!
Pastor Lee


Well Congratulations to Barack Obama for becoming our 44th president. I want to do a little devotion today before the main devotion of Proverbs 5.

Over the past several years our Nation has mocked and disrespected our President over and over. Although I personally do not agree with every decisions made by our current president, I must say that the disrespect of the people of America to their Chief Authority, a man who gave his life to serve his country, is absolutely inappropriate.

With that being said... I could easily begin spewing out all of the reasons why I do not think Obama will be the best president for our nation, But the fact is that HE WILL BE OUR NEXT PRESIDENT, and God COMMANDS that we respect Him, not for what he does... but because of who he is.

Romans 13:

1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.
2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves.

Let's not be Hypocritical in how we treat our next president... I remember growing up and hearing people disrespect Bill Clinton all of the time, and although he did many dishonorable things: God says to be subject to that authority.

On to today's devotions:

Proverbs 5

1 My son, pay attention to my wisdom; Lend your ear to my understanding,
2 That you may preserve discretion, And your lips may keep knowledge.
3 For the lips of an immoral woman drip honey, And her mouth is smoother than oil;
4 But in the end she is bitter as wormwood, Sharp as a two-edged sword.
5 Her feet go down to death, Her steps lay hold of hell.
6 Lest you ponder her path of life— Her ways are unstable; You do not know them.
7 Therefore hear me now, my children, And do not depart from the words of my mouth.
8 Remove your way far from her, And do not go near the door of her house,
9 Lest you give your honor to others, And your years to the cruel one;
10 Lest aliens be filled with your wealth, And your labors go to the house of a foreigner;
11 And you mourn at last, When your flesh and your body are consumed,
12 And say: “ How I have hated instruction, And my heart despised correction!
13 I have not obeyed the voice of my teachers, Nor inclined my ear to those who instructed me!
14 I was on the verge of total ruin, In the midst of the assembly and congregation.”
15 Drink water from your own cistern, And running water from your own well.
16 Should your fountains be dispersed abroad, Streams of water in the streets?
17 Let them be only your own, And not for strangers with you.
18 Let your fountain be blessed, And rejoice with the wife of your youth.
19 As a loving deer and a graceful doe, Let her breasts satisfy you at all times; And always be enraptured with her love.
20 For why should you, my son, be enraptured by an immoral woman, And be embraced in the arms of a seductress?
21 For the ways of man are before the eyes of the LORD, And He ponders all his paths.
22 His own iniquities entrap the wicked man, And he is caught in the cords of his sin.
23 He shall die for lack of instruction, And in the greatness of his folly he shall go astray.

Wow! What a way to finish this long devotion today... This chapter is like "Desperate Housewives of the Bible"... Solomon is telling us... DO NOT BE TEMPTED BY A SEDUCING WOMAN!!! RUN! RUN! RUN!!!!! She will destroy your life... For a few moments of pleasure you will give up your honor, your testimony, your peace, your joy, your family, your relationship with God... ALL OF IT WILL BE DESTROYED!

Just last night I was in walmart talking to a woman who told me her husband left her one year ago for another woman... She said that he is miserable now, with no money, and he can never see his daughter again... SO MUCH HURTING AND SO MUCH DESTRUCTION BECAUSE OF ONE MISTAKE...

Some may read this and think... God does not want us to have any fun... Those some are not very smart... Let me explain: God wants us to have the MOST FUN!!!! That is why he goes on to tell us how to have fun in a way that we do not have to be GUILTY FOR!!!!!

HELLO!! DID YOU READ VERSES 18 and 19: God wants us to enjoy the gift of Sex and everything that goes along with it, IN THE BEST WAY!!! AND THAT IS WITH OUR WIFE ONLY!!!!

Ladies: the message is cear for you: Dont be a seducer... SAVE YOURSELF FOR YOUR HUSBAND!!!

Wow! This is a devotional to go down in the history books!

HA! Historical Election! Historical Devotion!! :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, well i wasnt bragging about my sins. at alllll.

and thanks Rachel, I wish i would have stayed and talked to you instead of walking away.

oh, i got kicked off of cheer.


<3
I hope God still accepts me.

Anonymous said...

Well yesterday wasn't much of a surprise since the election was over like two months ago. It was still a good day though. Proverbs 5 to me shows the destructive nature that can happen with lust. In verse 5 & 6 it states that guys who follow their flesh instead of God's plans will have a difficult time with their spouse or girlfriend. God has a plan for everybody and in that plan He has a partner chosen out for each and everyone of us. The people that He chose are there for us to enjoy because not only will feel really comfortable with them they'll get to know you inside and out and love for your mistakes and flaws.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a way to finish this long devotion today... This chapter is like "Desperate Housewives of the Bible"... Solomon is telling us... DO NOT BE TEMPTED BY A SEDUCING WOMAN!!! RUN! RUN! RUN!!!!! She will destroy your life... For a few moments of pleasure you will give up your honor, your testimony, your peace, your joy, your family, your relationship with God... ALL OF IT WILL BE DESTROYED!

Just last night I was in walmart talking to a woman who told me her husband left her one year ago for another woman... She said that he is miserable now, with no money, and he can never see his daughter again... SO MUCH HURTING AND SO MUCH DESTRUCTION BECAUSE OF ONE MISTAKE...

Some may read this and think... God does not want us to have any fun... Those some are not very smart... Let me explain: God wants us to have the MOST FUN!!!! That is why he goes on to tell us how to have fun in a way that we do not have to be GUILTY FOR!!!!!

HELLO!! DID YOU READ VERSES 18 and 19: God wants us to enjoy the gift of Sex and everything that goes along with it, IN THE BEST WAY!!! AND THAT IS WITH OUR WIFE ONLY!!!!

Ladies: the message is cear for you: Dont be a seducer... SAVE YOURSELF FOR YOUR HUSBAND!!!

Wow! This is a devotional to go down in the history books!

HA! Historical Election! Historical Devotion!! :)

Godservant said...

Anonymous, God will accept you no matter how bad your sins are. "For I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." Matthew 9:13 "For the Son of Man is come to seek and to save that which was lost" Luke 19:10. As long as you confess those sins to God, you will be cleansed by the blood of Jesus and be forgiven forever!

Pastor Lee, you were absolutly right about respecting our authorities. I admit I've said things about Bush that were dumb to say... I will pray for Bush for the rest of his term, and maybe he can do some cool things in the next two months.

What PL said about running from a seducing woman reminded me of Joseph's situation in Genisis. When Potiphar's wife was tempting Joseph, he did exactly what this passage said to do, and Proverbs wasn't even written yet!! He was a smart man for running from sin, literally! Pesent day average sinful man would say Joseph was a baby for running. You know what, that man would be a fool for not thinking about the consequences later on. Like PL said a while back, "You cannot sin and win."

Gaby said...

So this passage is basically about running away from temptation and the woman who can tempt you. Since im not a guy i thought that i could take this from the perspective of not being like her. I need to not tempt other guys with my actions and work on not allowing myself into tempting situations.


P.S Honestly i think Obama isnt gunna be that bad of a president, either way i think it was gunna be bad both candidates were not the greatest. However, GOD has a plan and he's still in control. Plus as much as everyone is flippin about Obama being President, the President doesnt make the laws, Congress does, so therefore even if Obama wanted to pass a law it wont pass without Congresses approval. So i think its gunna work out all good =]

Rachel☺; said...

****anonymous**

sure thing;
you can talk to me wheneverrr you want(:
And God had never stopped accepting you!
its a promise.

i promise i will listen if you ever need someone to, and know that i wont ever look down on you for whatever the problem is.
you can call me or talk to me whenever
*(941)-391-4092

& the mini presidential related devotion is super true.
I only wish more people around school could understand that, and the people that are cheering for Obamas sucess, could realize his job and just why he deserves so much respect.

idk, kids and politics; worlds apart.
i dont think anyone completely knows what theyre talking about. :P

ok, now about the big devotions;
(:

So it pretty much says in the mid part of the passage that following sin will be majorly regrette later.
i dont know, but for me, usually when someone says
"You are going to regret that BIG TIME later",
i think twice!
One choice could ruin so much, and along with the past few days, i should resist the sinful things so uii dont fall into those yucky situations.
The big message for me here is to not be one of those nasty women who ruin lives, and to keep myself a good one so i can serve a good purpose wife-wise later.

Rachel☺; said...

correction, so i make sense

***One choice could ruin so much, and along with the past few days devotions,

Mrs. Bellis-Nottingham said...

I have to say guys, it's clear as a bell what the Lord asks of us, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY!
God Loves us and has so many PERFECT gifts for us. But we as Christians will not be a perfect gift if we are passing out our pieces of cake to others. I know so many people that have made the mistakes of sexual immorality in there life and I can tell you that ALL it causes is hurt.
Ladies, your husband God has ordained for you deserves all of you and if you are going around giving pieces of your heart away and acting with your flesh, not your heart where the Lord, Jesus Christ resides in then it is time to wake up. That decision you make today that seems like a fun time will not be worth it tomorrow, the next day, the next week, the next month, the next year, your wedding day, etc. Sex is God's gift to a man and his wife. He wants us to enjoy each other when we make that lifetime commitment to that man.
As it says here in
Proverbs 5:18-19
18 Let your fountain be blessed, And rejoice with the wife of your youth.
19 As a loving deer and a graceful doe, Let her breasts satisfy you at all times; And always be enraptured with her love.

God's desire for us is not so we can miss out, it's so we can live!

The Lord provides us with everything we need when we need it, we just have to be willing to listen.

I can tell you every time I have gone astray all it has caused is hurt and destruction in my own life in every situation and when I look back I just think, wow, I wish I would have just followed the Lord from the start.

Thanks guys for letting me share! You are such a blessing to our family! We love you!

Rachel☺; said...

i wasnt being funny...



MUY SERIA.

>:/

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!