TUESDAY, November 4th, 2008

History will be made today! I'm glad I have off from school today. Continue to be faithful on the devotions!

Proverbs 4

1 Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding.
2 For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law.
3 For I was my father's son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother.
4 He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live.
5 Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.
6 Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.
7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
8 Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.
9 She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.
10 Hear, O my son, and receive my sayings; and the years of thy life shall be many.
11 I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths.
12 When thou goest, thy steps shall not be straitened; and when thou runnest, thou shalt not stumble.
13 Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life.
14
Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men.
15 Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away.
16 For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause some to fall.
17 For they eat the bread of wickedness, and drink the wine of violence.
18 But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

19 The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.
20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.
23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
24 Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee.
25 Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee.
26 Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established.
27 Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.


This is once again such an important passage. I think one of the most important verses in this chapter is verses 14, and 15. Think about these words: Do not go NEAR the way of Evil men... In fact... AVOID IT, PASS NOT BY IT, TURN FROM IT, and PASS AWAY!!!!!

Could that be any more clear? you see, sometimes we think that we can stay strong and live for God even when we are around ungodly friends... but the truth is that God's wisdom tells us DON'T EVEN GO NEAR THOSE KIND OF FRIENDS BECAUSE THEY WILL DESTROY YOU!!!!

I know that is so truthful! When I was a teenager, I was closest to God when I had no bad friends and I was the farthest from the Lord when I got close to bad friends!

What kind of friends do you have now? What kinds of people are influencing you every day? If you find out that you have UNGODLY PEOPLE Influencing you... then do what this passage says to do... RUN AWAY FROM THEM!!!!!

8 comments:

Godservant said...

10 "Hear, O my son, and receive my sayings; and the years of thy life shall be many."

This verse is saying if we obey God consistently and listen to His sayings, (same thing) we will live longer! Amazing! Do your devotions everyday and have a possibility to live longer!

Anonymous said...

This is once again such an important passage. I think one of the most important verses in this chapter is verses 14, and 15. Think about these words: Do not go NEAR the way of Evil men... In fact... AVOID IT, PASS NOT BY IT, TURN FROM IT, and PASS AWAY!!!!!

Could that be any more clear? you see, sometimes we think that we can stay strong and live for God even when we are around ungodly friends... but the truth is that God's wisdom tells us DON'T EVEN GO NEAR THOSE KIND OF FRIENDS BECAUSE THEY WILL DESTROY YOU!!!!

I know that is so truthful! When I was a teenager, I was closest to God when I had no bad friends and I was the farthest from the Lord when I got close to bad friends!

What kind of friends do you have now? What kinds of people are influencing you every day? If you find out that you have UNGODLY PEOPLE Influencing you... then do what this passage says to do... RUN AWAY FROM THEM!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hey.. there are only two other comments on here.. so i dont know if you are still doing this.. or what.. or if im allowed to be writing on here. lol

uhmm, i know i havent been doing these at all the past two months.
:(

Ive been caught up in a lot of problems and struggling with a few situations.. and instead of turning to God.. i turned to a lot of other things.

I'm a lesbian.. as im sure everybody knows.. and ive been hanging out with a lot of older people.. having parties and woods parties.. I now take all the stress from school, home, and cheer..and drink and smoke weed to solve them. It most of the time maks it worse.. and i almost got kicked off of cheerleading for my choices..

I dont drink or smoke by myself though. infact when i am alone.. i still feel that smoking weed is so harmful and i shouldnt do it. Yet when i get with those lesbians that i look up to.. and my sisters friends.. i do it. and its every weekend.

I commit so many sins everyday.. and ALL of my close friends at school are those bad ones. every morning they're hungover or just smoked a blunt that morning.

I probably shouldnt be admitting all of this in a blog..

but i know its time to get my life back on track.

I remember when i wanted God in my life, and when i was saved.. i thought it was the most amazing feeling ever.. then I looked at it as being stressful.

I cant just drop my friends,, thats my whole problem, because they love me and i love them...and they are always there for me...

but i need help. like a lot.

my life is so screwed up.
im sure you already know who this is.. but im going to put it as anonymous.. to ensure that i dont get into trouble for any of this.

Tylermon33 said...

my favorite verse is the same as michaels verse 10-hear,O my son, and receive my sayings; and the years of thy life shall be many-that means that if you obey God or the people over you like your parents then you will live a longer happier life. another verse i liked was verse 20-my son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto thy saying-meaning you need to listen to or obey your parents when they tell you to do something. it's not that hard to do so don't make it hard on yourself or your parents and just listen to them.


hey PL i just wanted to let you know that tomorrow i wont be at church because of basketball tryouts but i will probably be there next week because our tryouts start at 6:00 and end at 8:00 but our practices should start at 3:00 and end at 5:00 so i can get to church. well it's not looking good for McCain right now but hopefully something good will happen...like a miracle.

FoOtBaLl XtReMiSt (cary) said...

this passage is pretty self explanitory...

it is telling you to watch the people you hang out with.

dont let ungodly people and ungodly things influence your life and the things you do.

Anonymous said...

I really hope the right person wins the election.
pray for it. Please

Rachel☺; said...

**anonymous, i know who you are and ill try to maybe talk to you tomorrow if i see you. Ill be praying for you fer sure!

Thats pretty uch what im thinking about too; verses 14/15.
So often i will be around people and think ''wow, i would NEVER do that'' yet, i am making it seem like its okay with me by just hanging around those people.
I was just having that problem a few days ago, and its funny because i was just talking about it today.
What ive decided to do is to be nice to those people when i have to, but refrain from bonding or becoming too friendly with them so that they dont influence me.
Lets hope i can stick to that; because ive already made the plan!
(:
It definitely isnt good for me and i NEVER want it to makle me question my morals, because i know it would draw me away from God, so i hope i can remember that when making friendships.

kaylahirschy said...

hey everyone, um..... this is my first time blogging... so i don't really know what to say.

I think that the passage means watch who you hang out with, and what you say cause, you might regret it.

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!