THURSDAY, November 6th, 2008

Hey Everone! I am excited about everything slowing down between now and Christmas. I REALLY want to get things rolling again with the devotions!! We need to get all of our stragglers back on track...

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday:
Anonymous: Thanks for posting a response! You have made it clear that you were not bragging about sin. I believe you. I am sorry that you are not cheering anymore. I hope that you will come and get back involved with us in youth group!! We want you here!!!!
Kervin: I am thankful that you are back on here again. We miss you in church.
Michael: That was some good stuff! I especially appreciate your kindness to anonymous.
Gaby: I am very thankful that you are making these devotions a priority. We missed you last night! You are right about congress being the more powerful lawmaker, I hope you are right that everything works out ok. I know you are right when you said: God is in control, so we don't have to worry about it :)
Rachel: You are a funny girl!... thats all I have to say about that.

Proverbs 6

1 My son, if thou be surety for thy friend, if thou hast stricken thy hand with a stranger,
2 Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.
3 Do this now, my son, and deliver thyself, when thou art come into the hand of thy friend; go, humble thyself, and make sure thy friend.
4 Give not sleep to thine eyes, nor slumber to thine eyelids.
5 Deliver thyself as a roe from the hand of the hunter, and as a bird from the hand of the fowler.
6 Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:
7 Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler,
8 Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest.
9 How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?
10 Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:
11 So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man.
12 A naughty person, a wicked man, walketh with a froward mouth.
13 He winketh with his eyes, he speaketh with his feet, he teacheth with his fingers;
14 Frowardness is in his heart, he deviseth mischief continually; he soweth discord.
15 Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken without remedy.
16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
20 My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother:
21 Bind them continually upon thine heart, and tie them about thy neck.
22 When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee.
23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:
24 To keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman.
25 Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.
26 For by means of a whorish woman a man is brought to a piece of bread: and the adultress will hunt for the precious life.
27 Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned?
28 Can one go upon hot coals, and his feet not be burned?
29 So he that goeth in to his neighbour's wife; whosoever toucheth her shall not be innocent.
30 Men do not despise a thief, if he steal to satisfy his soul when he is hungry;
31 But if he be found, he shall restore sevenfold; he shall give all the substance of his house.
32 But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul.
33 A wound and dishonour shall he get; and his reproach shall not be wiped away.
34 For jealousy is the rage of a man: therefore he will not spare in the day of vengeance.
35 He will not regard any ransom; neither will he rest content, though thou givest many gifts.

YIKES!! This is some serious stuff! Let me explain the three main things that jumped out to me in this passage:

1. Verses 4 - 11 make it clear that it is NOT WISE to be LAZY!!! We should look at an ant. Even though the ant has no overseer, or manager, they still work work work... We too need to work if we expect to accomplish great things in this life.

2. Verses 16 - 18 ARE HUGE!!! These are 7 things that GOD HATES!!!! In fact it says it is an abomination... that simply means GOD HATES HATES HATES IT!!!!!!!!! Everything from lying, gossiping, a wicked heart, a trouble maker, a proud person... Have you been guilty of any of these any time recently?? I HAVE! I do not want to be guilty of doing something that God REALLY REALLY HATES!!! God please help me to avoid these sins that you hate so much!!

3. Finally the big ouch... Verses 23 - 35. Stay away from the Evil woman!! she will try to seduce you, she will try to flatter you and flirt with you. Making you so foolish that you will eat bread out of her hand... JUST LIKE A DOG!!!!

Do you REALLY THINK that you can play with fire and not get burned?? Do you really think that you can walk on hot coals without burning your feet? NO!!! THEN WHY DO YOU THINK THAT YOU CAN COMMIT ADULTERY OR FORNICATION WITHOUT GETTING HURT?

You WILL GET HURT IF YOU DO THAT!!!!!!

Verse 33 says A WOUND AND DISHONOUR SHALL HE GET!!!!

That is not what I want in my life!!!!!!

10 comments:

McCue said...

I've said it before but proverbs is easily my favorite book of the bible. All the wisdom anyone could ask for is in this book. Laziness, mmmmhmmm we should strive to work as much as possible for the glory of god and many times It's easy to say aoh I'll get that done later I want to sit around right now. Get it done today! I will reflect more later I gotta run to class. Sweet.....

Anonymous said...

YIKES!! This is some serious stuff! Let me explain the three main things that jumped out to me in this passage:

1. Verses 4 - 11 make it clear that it is NOT WISE to be LAZY!!! We should look at an ant. Even though the ant has no overseer, or manager, they still work work work... We too need to work if we expect to accomplish great things in this life.

2. Verses 16 - 18 ARE HUGE!!! These are 7 things that GOD HATES!!!! In fact it says it is an abomination... that simply means GOD HATES HATES HATES IT!!!!!!!!! Everything from lying, gossiping, a wicked heart, a trouble maker, a proud person... Have you been guilty of any of these any time recently?? I HAVE! I do not want to be guilty of doing something that God REALLY REALLY HATES!!! God please help me to avoid these sins that you hate so much!!

3. Finally the big ouch... Verses 23 - 35. Stay away from the Evil woman!! she will try to seduce you, she will try to flatter you and flirt with you. Making you so foolish that you will eat bread out of her hand... JUST LIKE A DOG!!!!

Do you REALLY THINK that you can play with fire and not get burned?? Do you really think that you can walk on hot coals without burning your feet? NO!!! THEN WHY DO YOU THINK THAT YOU CAN COMMIT ADULTERY OR FORNICATION WITHOUT GETTING HURT?

You WILL GET HURT IF YOU DO THAT!!!!!!

Verse 33 says A WOUND AND DISHONOUR SHALL HE GET!!!!

That is not what I want in my life!!!!!!

Godservant said...

Rachel, what you said yesterday about kids and politics being two different worlds, I have to agree with that 100 percent. Kids have no idea what goes on in Washington D.C. Yeah, and what is up with your picture? you've got like an evil Snow White thing goin' for ya. Ha! :)

Verses 23 - 35 I think are the big ones us guys need to worry about. I think every guy struggles with the lusts of the flesh. Even though the girls in public school are making harder on us, we are still without excuse. Plus, women that dress like slu- maybe I shouldn't say that extreme word on here, they aren't the type of girlfriend you need anyway because most of them have no morals at all, at least the Christian girls are better behaved than most lost girls. Guys, (and I'm speaking to myself as well) don't just go for the looks, go for personality.

Anonymous said...

godservant I'm vert pround of you and love you very much.

Anonymous said...

I am happy today I dont know why but i am happy!!:)i was listening to life FM. this morning and they were talking about this website called birthverse.com it is pretty cool you can select your birthday and it pulls a verse right out of the bible that goes along with your birthday for example my birthday is september 12th and my verse was gen.9:12. you should go check it out at :

http://birthverse.com/mybirthverse.cfm

anyway...
34 For jealousy is the rage of a man: therefore he will not spare in the day of vengeance.
that is the verse i am focusing. i dont know about any of you but i know that almost everyday i see examples of this at my school. it says "JEALOUSY is the rage of man..." and this kinda goes along with what pastor lee said the other day how about girls comparing themselves to other girls, saying things like i wish i was that,or i wish I had that you know the neverending chain of "I WISHES".I am sure that you know what i am talking about.and i am not saying that i havnt been guilty of this because i am sure i have along with every othe person on the planet... but thats kinda my point...EVERYBODY does it and NOBODY should!!! seiously lets STOP THE MADNESS!!!!!!:)

Godservant said...

Revelation 11:17 NIV
...“We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign.

That is my birthverse. I like it. My birthday is November 17th. Thanks Jessica!

Gaby said...

so i think that theres alot that you can pull out of this passage. The thing that really bothered me was the second thing about the things God hates and i was kinda upset with my self when i realized at some point or another i've done one or all of them.

Ive messed up alot in my life and im trying to change its just really hard. Theres certain things i know i need to give up and stop doing, so pray for me. Im also working on staying away from temptation or situations where i could tempt another person.

ohh and P.Lee i have a question,
The whole part about like not flirting though does that mean like at all,like ever cause i mean its kinda hard to get a guys attention (there kinda stupid, no offense) without doin some sort of flirting lol. And also its wrong to flatter people? I mean i know theres like wrong with doing it and not meaning it but i thought compliments were like a nice thing to do?

P.S.Sorry if i was like lecturing about the election it just amazes me how some people have like no clue what goes on, and i had just got into like a argument with some girl who had no clue what she was talking about lol so i vented. =]

Mallory B (basketball team) said...

Hey sorry I haven't been on in a few days! Homework...not fun at all...I would so much rather have been doing my devotions! Oh and I read about anonymous...I will be praying for you! anyways.......

What stuck out to me the most was the 7 things that God hates. A Lot of times you have to have things said differently for you to understand it. This is like that because a lot of times you don't realize what you are doing is something that God hates! When its put that way to me it makes me never want to do that again because it displeases God and is a sin. But we are not perfect so we just have to do our best and learn from those mistakes and the consequences of them. Once again there is much more that we can learn from this passage along with every passage in the Bible but this is what stuck out to me the most!!! I will see you guys Sunday and try not to let Homework interfere with my devos!!! bye for now!

Rachel☺; said...

sry i fell asleep do them today and sorry sorry sorry.

runing very late!
D:

pastor lee i dont get what i said that was so funny???


:?

Rachel☺; said...

Ahhh!;;;;

Yo soy MUY MUY MUY MUY MUYYY perezosa!!

wow,
that first part about laziness is a big billboard to change for Rachel.
Im either too lazy to step up, or to scared, to speak out regarding witnessing and talking about salvation.
and, (way off topic, but a current issue) but i sleep A LOTTT for no reason (long story) which is often why im so off schedule and do my devotions at really weird times, and wastes a lot of valuable time i could be taking action for God and working on my relatinship with Him.
I dont know, its reallyy hard for me to find motivation sometimes to do a lot of very necessary things and im truly truly going to work on that because its slowing me down big time in what i want to accomplish in life.

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!