MONDAY, November 3rd, 2008

Hey Everyone! I am so glad that we made it through all of our exciting plans throughout the last two weeks. Wow! It was so incredibly busy, but very much worth it! I moved my house, I had a crown put in at the dentist, we did Trunk or Treat, Anniversary Sunday, Moved Mrs. Barb into Her house, AND Men's Prayer breakfast!! Wow! I need a nap :)

Just kidding, I went to bed at 9:30 last night, so I am well rested and ready to jump on the next big thing... SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!

Well, lets do our devotions!

Proverbs 3

1 My son, do not forget my law, But let your heart keep my commands;
2 For length of days and long life And peace they will add to you.
3 Let not mercy and truth forsake you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart,
4 And so find favor and high esteem In the sight of God and man.
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and depart from evil.
8 It will be health to your flesh, And strength to your bones.
9 Honor the LORD with your possessions, And with the firstfruits of all your increase;
10 So your barns will be filled with plenty, And your vats will overflow with new wine.
11 My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, Nor detest His correction;
12 For whom the LORD loves He corrects, Just as a father the son in whom he delights.
13 Happy is the man who finds wisdom, And the man who gains understanding;
14 For her proceeds are better than the profits of silver, And her gain than fine gold.
15 She is more precious than rubies, And all the things you may desire cannot compare with her.
16 Length of days is in her right hand, In her left hand riches and honor.
17 Her ways are ways of pleasantness, And all her paths are peace.
18 She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her, And happy are all who retain her.
19 The LORD by wisdom founded the earth; By understanding He established the heavens;
20 By His knowledge the depths were broken up, And clouds drop down the dew.
21 My son, let them not depart from your eyes— Keep sound wisdom and discretion;
22 So they will be life to your soul And grace to your neck.
23 Then you will walk safely in your way, And your foot will not stumble.
24 When you lie down, you will not be afraid; Yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet.
25 Do not be afraid of sudden terror, Nor of trouble from the wicked when it comes;
26 For the LORD will be your confidence, And will keep your foot from being caught.
27 Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, When it is in the power of your hand to do so.
28 Do not say to your neighbor, “ Go, and come back, And tomorrow I will give it,” When you have it with you.
29 Do not devise evil against your neighbor, For he dwells by you for safety’s sake.
30 Do not strive with a man without cause, If he has done you no harm.
31 Do not envy the oppressor, And choose none of his ways;
32 For the perverse person is an abomination to the LORD, But His secret counsel is with the upright.
33 The curse of the LORD is on the house of the wicked, But He blesses the home of the just.
34 Surely He scorns the scornful, But gives grace to the humble.
35 The wise shall inherit glory, But shame shall be the legacy of fools.

There is a clear message in this passage. WE MUST HAVE WISDOM!!! From verse 13 - 35 we see all the wonderful things that posessing wisdom does for our life. Wisdom is better than silver and gold. All things that you could ever want do not compare with Wisdom. Wisdom brings peace, happiness, understanding, knowledge, safety, sweet sleep, confidence and so much more!!! I WANT TO HAVE WISDOM! DON'T YOU??

This is incredible! Verses 5 and 6 are some of the most popular verses in the whole bible! Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understandings! In all your ways acknopwledge him and He shall direct your path!!!!

What a wonderful promise! I am seeking Gods will for my life and this passage is a CLEAR PROMISE, that if I will simply trust God with all my heart and do what he wants even when I don't understand it... then He will guide my path!!

Thanks you lord for that promise! I will trust you and you just guide me where you want me!

Verses 33 and 35 are both wonderful!

33. A Godly family will be blessed, and a wicked family will be cursed. What kind of actions do you have? Do your actions make your family more of a Godly fmaily, or a wicked family?
Why not be Godly... You can be the reason why your whole fmaily is blessed. Just like Joseph was in the Old Testament!!

35. What kind of Legacy do you want? I want a legacy of glory... not shame. Then I will strive for the wisdom talked abou tin this passage!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a clear message in this passage. WE MUST HAVE WISDOM!!! From verse 13 - 35 we see all the wonderful things that posessing wisdom does for our life. Wisdom is better than silver and gold. All things that you could ever want do not compare with Wisdom. Wisdom brings peace, happiness, understanding, knowledge, safety, sweet sleep, confidence and so much more!!! I WANT TO HAVE WISDOM! DON'T YOU??

This is incredible! Verses 5 and 6 are some of the most popular verses in the whole bible! Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understandings! In all your ways acknopwledge him and He shall direct your path!!!!

What a wonderful promise! I am seeking God's will for my life and this passage is a CLEAR PROMISE, that if I will simply trust God with all my heart and do what he wants even when I don't understand it... then He will guide my path!!

Thank you Lord for that promise! I will trust you and you just guide me where you want me!

Verses 33 and 35 are both wonderful!

33. A Godly family will be blessed, and a wicked family will be cursed. What kind of actions do you have? Do your actions make your family more of a Godly fmaily, or a wicked family?
Why not be Godly... You can be the reason why your whole fmaily is blessed. Just like Joseph was in the Old Testament!!

35. What kind of Legacy do you want? I want a legacy of glory... not shame. Then I will strive for the wisdom talked about in this passage!!!!

Godservant said...

29 "Do not devise evil against your neighbor, For he dwells by you for safety’s sake."

This verse sounds SO familiar to someone in my life, the old lady across the street. My parents don't like her very much, because for example, whenever we have company over our house, the driveway gets too crowded, and someone will have to park their car across the street. Now listen, where that car parks is technically the county's grass, NOT her's and she comes out of the house complaining, "get the stupid car off MY lawn!" and of course we get the car off the lawn, just to shut her up. However, she does provide protection for the neighborhood, because whenever she hears the smallest sound outside the door, she takes a small peak outside. So, if a thief breaks into my house, I probably won't even need to reach the phone, just wait for the police to arrive.
I have never disliked her because of that reason, and my mom agrees with me, that she, in a way, watches out for us; and that is how this verse relates to being familiar to me.

Robert J Bellis-Nottingham said...

Wow, very good passage.

I would say a few things though, do not think that because you are wise, and humble,and rightious and follow the lord that you will not have problems, your house will not have sin, and that you will be free of all problems. Far from it, the more you live for the lord.. I find the harder
Satan tries to destroy you, but if you show that you are not afraid to say "NO" to him, and turn your back on sin and satan, then you are wise, for following the lords instruction, and in return I guarantee, as someone that has gone through a tremendous amount of crap.. that you will be able to sleep peacefully at night, and your friends, your family, and people who are close to you will know you, and will trust you, and they will be there for you.

So, trust god. DO it! You have no idea what will happen, if your life gets thrown upside, down, sin is everywhere, trouble and Satan Come banging down your house and try to drag you out, let them!! Show them how Christians live their lives, it is not easy, do not fool yourself into thinking it will be. But to be strong, and do the right thing, and live for the lord, you will be rewarded, you have no idea.

I have been on my knees more than my feet as of late, and you would not believe the things that fall into your lap, you have to work for everything that God gives you, but what he gives you is more profound than you would ever imagine.

Let Satan come, I will turn my back on him, and live strong for God.

I can't even tell you..
I just can't.
People I know that don't believe in God, have picked up the torch and have not only gone to church with me, but have gotten others, it's an amazing feeling, my friends and family have been so impacted by the choices I have made lately, and for the better. I could not imagine what God can do until you trust him and let him do it.

Life is blessed for thee who blesses others. Remember that.
Don't be scared to do the right thing, it's often never easy, but if it was easy, then the rewards wouldn't be so good.

Trust me. :)
I can vouch from so much experience that it is not even funny. God works in everyone, even if they don't believe. If people refuse God don't take it out on yourself, because it's not your fault, but don't ever for a second think you can turn your back on those of need, because if you do, you will find that you will be scorned.

It's a dangerous road to travel, and being wise is not easy. But try to be, in all you do. See what happens. :)

Godservant said...

Whoa, I just ate a cupcake with those little thief ants in them! It might be gross to you, but you can't taste them because the cupcake has a big taste and the ants are so tiny! And I just finished the 3rd book in the left behind series! 3 down, 10 more to go! That series is awesome!!!

Godservant said...

Left behind books in chronilogical order:
1- Left Behind, a novel of Earth's last days
2- Tribulation Force, the continuing drama of those left behind
3- Nicolae, the rise of Antichrist
4- Soul Harvest, the world takes sides
5- Apollyon, the destroyer is unleashed
6- Assassins, assignment: Jerusalem, target: Antichrist
7- The Indwelling, The Beast takes possesion
8- The Mark, the Beast rules the world
9- Desecration, the Beast takes the throne
10- The Remnant, on the brink of Armageddon
11- Armageddon, the cosmic battle of the ages
12- Glorious Appering
13- Kingdom Come, the final victory

Tylermon33 said...

one of the verses that i liked was verse 26-for the LORD will be your confidence, And will keep your foot from being caught-that reminds me of something my dad said to me yesterday and he said the Lord will never temp you with something that He knows is to much for you to handle. the verse is saying that the Lord is always with you and He will protect you when you need it and the He will never let you fall to deep into sin (if you are saved). other verses that i liked were verses 5 and 6-trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understandings in all your ways ecknowledge Him and He shall direct your path-meaning trust in Lord to help you through your day and through hard times that may come your way...haha that rimes lol, oops getting off topic...and not to trust yourself because if you trust yourself then you will fall down the wrong paths and if you acknowledge Him, He will help you also.

Rachel☺; said...

Wow, i was just talking about what verse 11 says today with Erica!
Being open to the Lords correction is so important, im learning.
When God pinpoints something in your life and you feel that He wants you to change it, it sometimes is kind of scary, but its really a great thing.
I know im not always the greatest at changing all-of-a-suddenly, but it says that the corrections God appoints you to make are out of love, and really show that He loves and wants whats correct and best for His plans for you.
Ive never been good at changing by will or changing at force, but i need to be sure im open to Gods changes and ready to compromise anything in my life to fit His plans because im reminded its for my best.

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!