WEDNESDAY, August 20th, 2008

Wow! It is hard for me not to wish we had a "Fay Day" every single day of the week. We were just one shy of 30 yesterday! That is so great! I am so encouraged and so proud of you all! Now that school is starting back, it will be hard to continue your devotions in your busy schedule, however, strive to make them a priority and you will never regret it!

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday:
Thank you everyone for all of the "Happy Anniversaries"!! We had a great day! The storm cancelled some of our extravagant plans, but we still made it a wonderful day of relaxing arround the house.
Michael: I must admit I did them before I went to bed on Monday... I was not sure if I would have power when I woke up on Tuesday Morning. :) Very Observant!
Brooke: Thanks for the DETAILED update on NPHS! I miss your detailed reports! Are you coming tonight?
Bethany: I am so glad you are a part of this youth group!! Will we see you at church tonight? Thanks for being faithful on your devotions! I hope you had a great day at school!
Tricia: Thanks for your encouraging words!
JESSICA B: I am SO GLAD THAT your computer is working again!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!
Jessica M: I need you to show me how to say "I AM GOING TO KILL YOU!!!!" in a sweet way. :) You are funny! I am glad that you are doing devotions even though you hate Genesis.
Amy: I am glad that God is with us even through whimpy Fay! :)
Michael: You know all about giving your best (drum corps) For victory you must give it all... God requires the same thing.
Jonathan: At least if Jessica murders you, she will do it sweetly :)
LINCOLN LOGS: I have missed you so much! I am so thankful that you are back on! Be Faithful EVERYDAY!!!
Kacey: I am praying for you in whatever you are working through dailty
Brooke. Amanda, and Kacey: YEs, it is weird to think about all of those children and it can be very confusing. God only created Adam and Eve, so... yes: Cain did marry his sister, but the genetics were different, and so it was not like horrible mutations... so don't worry :)
Kervin: UNBLEIEVABLE! In ancient times, the king of a city would kill the messenger if He did not like the message that He brought... I did not like the message you brought from your king Marvin... but I will not be like Cain, I will not kill anyone :)
Matthew Caldwell: HEY MAN!!! IT IS SO COOL TO SEE YOU ON HERE!!! THANKS FOR COMING ON! Great Job on the devotions!!! See you tonight!
Lucy: Thanks for the really cool hearts! :)
Cary: Right On! Jealousy leads to hate which leads to murder!
Ryan: You could blow air out of your mouth stronger than the winds you got at your house? WOW! I have got to see that! :)
Josh L: DO YOUR DEVOTIONS EARLIER THEN YOU CAN SPEND TIME ON THEM!!!!!


Genesis 6

1 Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them,
2 that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose.
3 And the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.”
4 There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.
5 Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6 And the LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.
7 So the LORD said, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.”
8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

9 This is the genealogy of Noah. Noah was a just man, perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God.
10 And Noah begot three sons: Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
12 So God looked upon the earth, and indeed it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth.

13 And God said to Noah, “The end of all flesh has come before Me, for the earth is filled with violence through them; and behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
14 Make yourself an ark of gopherwood; make rooms in the ark, and cover it inside and outside with pitch.
15 And this is how you shall make it: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, its width fifty cubits, and its height thirty cubits.
16 You shall make a window for the ark, and you shall finish it to a cubit from above; and set the door of the ark in its side. You shall make it with lower, second, and third decks.
17 And behold, I Myself am bringing floodwaters on the earth, to destroy from under heaven all flesh in which is the breath of life; everything that is on the earth shall die.
18 But I will establish My covenant with you; and you shall go into the ark—you, your sons, your wife, and your sons’ wives with you.
19 And of every living thing of all flesh you shall bring two of every sort into the ark, to keep them alive with you; they shall be male and female.
20 Of the birds after their kind, of animals after their kind, and of every creeping thing of the earth after its kind, two of every kind will come to you to keep them alive.
21 And you shall take for yourself of all food that is eaten, and you shall gather it to yourself; and it shall be food for you and for them.”
22 Thus Noah did; according to all that God commanded him, so he did.

God saw the wickedness of man, that it was only evil continually!! Can you imagine that? I can... watch TV at night... I think we are more like the people in Noahs lifetime than we would imagine. Everything that our culture uses as entertainment is usually sin. We laugh at immorality, hatred, homosexuality, bitterness, disrespect, and so much more, as if it were simply a joke. I guarantee God doesnt think that it is funny... And I GUARANTEE you that the worl of people that died in Noahs day, do not think that their sin is funny any more... They have all been in Hell for over 7,000 years now.

Think about the people who will die today, who do not know Christ, and think about where they will be 7,000 years from now. It breaks my heart, god wants us to turn from our sin so that we can live for Him and for His Glory!!

You see, Noah found Grace!!!!! I want to live my life, so that If the entire world was going to be destroyed again, I would be the ONE that would find grace in the site of the Lord!!

I think it is wonderufl how God protects his followers! God said He would destroy every living thing; however because Noah followed and Obeyed Him, Noah was spared by God's Amazing Grace!!

Think about this: I love how verse 21 says: Two of every animal will come to you!!! That is so cool! God did not expect Noah to do everything! God made it easier for Noah, by sending the animals to Noah. What in your life has God orchestrated to make things fall into place so that you will see His plan for your life!!! I am sure that God has brought his plan to your life in the same way that He did for Noah, if you have obeyed Him!!!

And the passage ends by saying: Noah Did ALL THAT GOD HAD COMMANDED HIM!!!!

Nopah Obeyed God regardless of the opposition! Regardless of the public opinion! Regardless of the peer perssure HE OBEYED! Will YOU OBEY REGARDLESS????

27 comments:

weird high school kid said...

Wow thank you so much Will now i can do my devotions before i head off for school in ten minutes.

YAY Noah!!! I always loved this story. If you think about it because of the flood all land and air animals died except for those on the ark, and all the fishes lived. No wonder there are literally trillions of fish. Anyways since I have to leave at 6:40 I'm just gonna wrap it up for now and get back on later.

Lessons of the day

1 do what god tells you

2 be thankfull unto the lord for it is only by his grace that we are still here.

3 Will is an amazing baby boy that enabled pastor lee to wake up and post the devotions for me that i might be first.

Rachel☺; said...

Hey i can do my devos before school (:

well since i crunched for time im going to print this and do it on the bus.

il type what i thought when i come come.

everybody have a good day at school!

Anonymous said...

Yay i can do my devotions before school. I still have like 2 hours before school. My bus comes at 8:51 so i have time.

Noah was just amazing so the Lord told him what to do because he wasn't with the world. I think Noah told people about the flood and they just laughed at him. I wish I could be as amazing as Noah was and be as trustworthy.

Anonymous said...

We see here that Noah trusted the Lord very much because #1, Noah had to build an ark in the middle of dry land. #2, When God said the word rain, Noah probably had no idea what htat was because there was no rain before that time. #3, Noah had to collect 2 of every creature himself! Even though he probably had like 300 years to do it, it was still a hard task to do.

Rachel☺; said...

Marvin youre a lucky duck! Mine comes at 7:30 D:

So my school is kinda yuckk, idk if i like it too much, but i had lunch with Gaby today and that was nice (:

Wow that is soo cool to think that God just sent a pair of every animal on earth to Noah. Zebras and birds, snakes an lizards. (:
You probably think im dumb, but id find it pretty awesome to have a huge, private, animal cruise with only my favorite people.
I want to be a zookeeper as i grow older so having your own zoo in a boat seems awesome.

God spared Noah because Noah was willing to separate himself from all of the corruption that God was seeing and do whatever he was commanded.
Thats hardcore faith and obedience Noah mustve had.
I would be scared to death to know that God was preparing a flood so large and destructful that the whole earth would be sweeped clean!
But Noah had faith that when God told him he would be protected for doing as He instructed, he would!

A lot of times i dont have that gaith that things will all go for the best if i just let God handle them like i should. Im learning more to do my part for God and for myself, ill let Him handle.
This is pretty comforting to read that God will take care of you for just obeying Him and trusting in His will. (:

red head said...

well numero oneo you spelled world wrong in your devotions

now to the devotions

noha's day was really harsh u had like pastor lee said over 7,000 people went to hell and the people
were not right with god

Tylermon33 said...

uuuuuugggggggggghhhhhhhhh....... school.


this starts out by God being upset with the people because of all the sin they were getting into. so He says that He is going to destroy them but noah comes in and he is right with the Lord. so God decides to spare his families life and God tells him to build an ark because He is going to flood the earth and kill all the people. so God tells noah all the specifics about the ark and how to build it and He tells noah that He will send two of every animal, male and female, so after the flood they can populate the earth again. also God tells noah to get enough food for his family and all the animals. then it says that noah listened to God and didn't ask questions. so we need to just listen to God with question because He has a plan for us and He means what He says.


sorry i wasn't at church tonight i have a project i need to do by friday so i needed to finish the typing tonight and the whole project tomorrow.

Bethany B. said...

hey i am really enjoying studying the book of Genesis there are just so many great points. I think out of the whole bible Noah's Ark is one of my favorites, because God just showed Noah and the whole world his great and mighty powers.God said he would flood the earth and no believed him until Noah fell through and trusted in God and followed his commands, and once again God protected the world through Noah.

oh and your messagePastor Lee really touched my heart.

Gaby said...

I like this story! Noah is one of my favorite bible characters. I think its pretty amazing that inspite of all the wickedness on earth god found favor with Noah. He was the ONE person on the whole earth that God did not destroy and because of his great faith and trust in God Noah AND his family were saved. I think that we all could learn from Noah in the aspect of trusting God. God told noah to build a boat in the middle of the desert and whileNoah probly didnt understand and thought god was going a little crazy he trusted God and built it anyways despite the ridicule he faced from other people.

Bethany B. said...

Oh yeah by the way EVERYONE did a great job tonight lifting those weights!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

We have this awesome and powerful God who made everything and He made it just for us to enjoy. That is amazing...when it gets to the part where it says that God wishes that He hadn't even made man- WOW!! I was thinking about how I live. Do I ever live in a way that makes God, the Creator, feel that way? If I do, I should feel ashamed! What is cool though is this thought, even though our world is full of wickedness- we can still stand for Christ. We can still be the Noah of our time. Noah wasn't perfect, but because he cared enough to try, he found grace in God's sight. What an encouragement!

Anonymous said...

What caught my attetion was that God made it easier for Noah to be obedient,by sending all the animals to the Ark.
We need to be obedient and loyal to God, so that something similar will not happen to us.

HADOKEN!!! said...

First of all I'd like to say that it must've awsome to see millions of animals striding into his ark two at a time in order. The message here is that God is so merciful and careing for His followers. He could have just said well there is only one man who loves me I'll just start over and mabye they will love me. But He wanted to save Noah from this doom and He protected Him and helped him.

Daemis WolfBorn said...

Rachel you want to be a zookeeper I am shocked. I cant see you picking up elephant poo. I want to be on to but I'm leaning more on the zoologist so i can study Tigers because tigers are beasts. I'm glad Noah saved the Tigers. :D


This is probably one of my favorite story's when I was a kid growing about God calling to Noah telling him to build a ark and stuff animals in it. It probably smelt bad real bad. I think my favorite thing of this story is the ending when God puts a rainbow over and if I remember it means that it was Gods promise that he would never flood the earth again.

I like that promise. ^.^

aicirt said...

I think of Ninevah and how wicked they were and how they repented and God had mercy on them and how wicked the world must be that God regretted creating the world and the people and animals in it.

I'm glad Noah found grace in the sight of God, because if he didn't, we wouldn't be here.

We need to be men and women of God, Job, Joshua, Noah...They are all perfect examples for us to follow.

Anonymous said...

Noah was a righteous man in his generation meaning Noah was a good man but the place he lived in was just terrible kinda like the time where in now and thats why God told him that he need to build and ark bedcause hes gonna destroy everythig thats not in the ark and coming from God that sounds like a harsh thing so i dont think that i would beleve it because it just doesnt sound like God.When God told Noah to get 2 of every animal in the ark i would think how could i possibly do that i mean thats IMPOSSIBLE but with God anything is possible.This tells me that we need to get ready for Gods commandedments.

aicirt said...

Hey Pastor Lee, Im really excited everytime I come to youth group and become closer to everyone there. Im encouraged and challenged by your messages and thankful that God had us come to Suncoast when our church was having problems. I want to become more involved and will pray about coming on Sundays. If we had a Bible Study in the park on Tuesday or Thursday I would so be there in a heartbeat. I can't wait to go check out Trinity, The only college I've really seen or considered is Clearwater, so Im excited to see what Trinity has to offer. Man, the things God does! Suncoast has definetly changed my mind and I hope God will bless the church and youth group greatly. I've observed a huge spiritual growth and just the youth group coming together since I've been there. Thanks for everything! See you next week!

Anonymous said...

God can do amazing things, but us as Gods children can also do amazing things when called upon. Thats exactly what Noah did he saved the human race which is why he one of my most favoritist guys in the bible. Some of us are to shy or embarrassed to talk about God even with people we trust, but Noah had people he didn't even know watching him everyday and even though they were total stranger he tell about God and the flood. As for me I'd save my breath and concentrate on building that ark, but thats why called didn't give me the task of building the ark, but the passage just shows that God can help do amazing things, but no matter what the circumstances are I have to be ready and willing to do as He says.

My mom said you can use the it I'll bring it on Sunday.

Jessica M said...

>Noah, an amazing story that we have all known and loved since the days of Sunday School. But as I read this now that I am older, I can see that what Noah did was amazing and great, but the MOST important part of the wholeeee story is that Noah completed the task that was given to HIM without even understanding what God was doing. But as it always does with God's plan, the result was successful.
Sometimes God gives us a command that HE wants us to do and we may think it is crazy or ridiculous, but if we are in tuned with God, than everything will turn out fine. But that is easier said than done....I have learned that for sure. Noah obeyed and I need to learn that as well...simple you might say? I think not! I am sureee that Noah no actually we read how Noah prayed to God becasue he was ignorant of the whole situation. Pray is one of the my personal goals I have made for myself. Something that I have learned that I MUST do to stay in tuned with God.

:) good day!!

RYAN said...

Even though i have heard about the story of Noah i had always wonderd why there was a flood in the first place. but now thnks to this passage i finally know. Wow i cant believe god would even give mankind another chance. if i saw what was happening and all the evil that was being done i would have just killed evryone and would have left it at that. but God let Noah live to basically start over new like adam and eve. it is mind blowing to know that God new just exactly how big Noah would need to build his boat for the animals and to survive. it is also unbelievable how God made all these animals come to him.

Mallory B (basketball team) said...

Sorry I wasn't on here yesterday pastor Lee, I could have made it 30. Well I had a kind of good 1st day of school, but I'm split up from all my friends:( O well I guess I will just have to make new ones!!!Anyways...

WoWoWoWoWoWoWoWoWoW!!! I love reading and hearing about this story! The story of Noah has been told to me since I was a little girl and I still enjoy reading it! I love how Noah did exactly what God told him to do the 1st time he was asked to and God even helped him along the way! That's how we need to be when God has called us to do something even if we think it could cause more problems, God is the one who has a plan for our life and we should just do it with no doubts! Even if others made fun of him he still did what God had asked him to do and trusted God the entire time he was building the ark and getting the animals and his family onto the boat!

Have a good day at school tomorrow everyone! See yall Sunday!

Amanda said...

ahh, first day of school was amazingggg =))
and even though i had to wake up at 5:45.. i still had my 2 hours to get ready andd get off to schhol! lol..

and we had a fire drill today!! :(

lol, well i thought it was really cool how Noah didnt even qustion God.. yet like we were talking about before.. Jonah seems like the total opposite of Noah.. lol

Cant wait for school tomorrow =)

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kacey! said...

Sorry I wasn't at church tonight. I was all ready, and in the car. Then my mom decided to pick up Grace from a friends house and go everywhere in Port Charlotte. Wow, I was mad!

Ok, so I would want to be Noah in this situation! Imagine how hard it would have been to be the only one following God. I had a glimpse today of what Noah must have felt like. Going to a public school, it's hard to stay focused on God and letting His light shine through you. Seeing my old friends today was hard. And being tempted to act like I used to was even harder. Just like Noah obeyed God regardless of the peer pressure, we should too.

McCue said...

Wow i love going through Genesis because there are little things that you dont always notice when you read through the first or even second or third time. I think the coolest thing about this passage and the most inspirational to me is seeing that while everybody else was involved in sin Noah was vigilant and walked with God continually. So when we think about drifting like Pastor Lee preached on so well we can see that while everybody else drifted Noah didnt and God spared him he protected him.
I think Job is my Newfound hero now btw.
numero uno=King David
numero dos=Job
-sweet-
-McCue-

Anonymous said...

haha i remember watchin Evan Almighty -lol- that's what i thought the whole time was that movie...except noa didnt resist & evan did at 1st..then he did what he was told after a million signs were shown to him...id b kinda weirded out by animals of every kind following me 2 a boat thing....

but yeah, u got a point Pastor Lee, i know i'd wanna b a guy like Noa where Jesus lets me live...

hmmm...yeah...i just get do what ur told cuz evil things will be destroyed as we see by the flood

Amy :) said...

Wow I would be soo embarrest the be a part of the world at that time, because God was soo displeased with all the wickendness of man at the time that He decided to destroy the earth with water!! But Noah was just a normal joe but he walked with God and was very righteous to God, and did everything that God wanted him to do. So God asked Noah to build a big boat, I think it took him like 100 years or something!! But Noah did and God asked him also to bring every animal one male and one female onto the boat with him, so he did. Noah must have had SUCH GREAT FAITH & trust that everything is in God's hands. We should have the same attitude as well, just have a good attitude about every difficult situations, JUST TRUST.

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!