THURSDAY, August 21st, 2008

Well hello everyone! I enjoyed last night so much! I hope you did as well! I loved the enthusiasm that each of you had the entire time beginning with the opening music all the way to the closing prayer! You are GREAT!

Make sure you come to church on Sunday morning. In Sunday School we will be continuing our series on setting personal boundaries in your life! This is important I hope that you make it a priority!

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday:
To the Fantastic Four: Josh L, Rachel, Michael. and Marvin!! Thanks for coming on yesterday before school! That is very cool! I am thankful for you guys! (and girl) :)
Tyler: You missed a great night in church! If you and Cary would have been there we would have been right at 40 people!!! UNBELIEVABLE! COME TO CHURCH!
Tricia: Thank you! For your incredibly kind words! I am so thankful that God is using us to work in this youth group!!
Kervin: Awesome! I think that will be so cool!
MALLORY: ONE SHY OF 30!!!!! and then you had to rub it in!! Unbelievable!! :)
Kacey: We missed you! It really was a great night in Church! I was sad that you were not there!
McCue: Call me! Lets get together today or tomorrow if you can! Let me know!

Genesis 7

1 Then the LORD said to Noah, “Come into the ark, you and all your household, because I have seen that you are righteous before Me in this generation.
2 You shall take with you seven each of every clean animal, a male and his female; two each of animals that are unclean, a male and his female;
3 also seven each of birds of the air, male and female, to keep the species alive on the face of all the earth.
4 For after seven more days I will cause it to rain on the earth forty days and forty nights, and I will destroy from the face of the earth all living things that I have made.”
5 And Noah did according to all that the LORD commanded him.
6 Noah was six hundred years old when the floodwaters were on the earth.
7 So Noah, with his sons, his wife, and his sons’ wives, went into the ark because of the waters of the flood.
8 Of clean animals, of animals that are unclean, of birds, and of everything that creeps on the earth,
9 two by two they went into the ark to Noah, male and female, as God had commanded Noah.
10 And it came to pass after seven days that the waters of the flood were on the earth.
11 In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep were broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
12 And the rain was on the earth forty days and forty nights.
13 On the very same day Noah and Noah’s sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth, and Noah’s wife and the three wives of his sons with them, entered the ark—
14 they and every beast after its kind, all cattle after their kind, every creeping thing that creeps on the earth after its kind, and every bird after its kind, every bird of every sort.
15 And they went into the ark to Noah, two by two, of all flesh in which is the breath of life.
16 So those that entered, male and female of all flesh, went in as God had commanded him; and the LORD shut him in.
17 Now the flood was on the earth forty days. The waters increased and lifted up the ark, and it rose high above the earth.
18 The waters prevailed and greatly increased on the earth, and the ark moved about on the surface of the waters.
19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly on the earth, and all the high hills under the whole heaven were covered.
20 The waters prevailed fifteen cubits upward, and the mountains were covered.
21 And all flesh died that moved on the earth: birds and cattle and beasts and every creeping thing that creeps on the earth, and every man.
22 All in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, all that was on the dry land, died.
23 So He destroyed all living things which were on the face of the ground: both man and cattle, creeping thing and bird of the air. They were destroyed from the earth. Only Noah and those who were with him in the ark remained alive.
24 And the waters prevailed on the earth one hundred and fifty days.

Have you ever been on a cruise? I have been on 5 cruises and I love them. If you ever get a chance to go on one, do this... Late one night, around midnight or so, go to the pizza buffet and get a late night snack, and then take your pizza up to the top deck of the ship. While you are enjoying your pizza from the top deck of the shiplook around the ocean, and feel the strong wind blowing in your face, and think about what it must have been like for Noah on the ark.

I will tell you right now, it can be scary on a cruise ship, let alone a wooden ark made by yourself!!!! The power and darkness and splashes and waves of the ocean can be absolutely terrifying!! And Noah went from never seeing a drop of water fall in his lifetime to floating in the worst storm of all time. It is absolutely clear that Noahs craftmenship is not what help that boat up in the water. The hand of God was holding that boat up the entire time!!

The longest cruise that I have ever been on is 6 days... I know that by the last day, I was ready to be getting off the boat. Just last night, Katie and I were looking at some mediteranean cruises, and they last 12 days, 14 days, and there are even some world cruises that last longer than a month. That would be SO LONG!!!!!

I cannot imagine floating in that ark for over a year, probably around 370 days!!!!!! That must have been very tough! Yet as Noah trusted God daily, God got him and his family through every moment!!

Just like I spoke about last night, there are many times in our life where God is taking us through a storm, a trial, some tough circumstances, but if we Trust and Obey just like Noah did, then God will protect us through the storm, and he will get us through every tough time in our life.

Just like it is scary out on the pitch black stormy sea, the seas of life can toss you around and be just as scary... trust God through the storm!!

23 comments:

Rachel☺; said...

ughh im sorry i donth think i can physocally do my devotions right now.

i got four hours of interrupted sleep and i think im still halfway out there.

i cant print it today because i think my mom used all the ink yesterday -.-

ill be back later though for sure

Anonymous said...

I went on the computer one time to look up: Evolution v.s. Creation, and the scientists said something about Noah's ark. They said that the ark cant work because so and so and I am like anything is possible with God!!

Anonymous said...

Think about the possibilities made availbable for Noah and his family, because he lived how God told him to live. The Bible says that he lived righteous in his generation and that he did what God commanded him to do. Did Noah's decisions affect only him??? Of course not, they had a major impact on his family too! If Noah had not decided to take leadership and do what was right, probably his whole family would have died too. We think that we probably don't have that much influence over people. We think what we do isn't life or death, but it is so much more!!!! It makes an eternal difference! What we say and do will often affect whether those around us choose to accept Christ or reject Him. The way we live will and does affect others around us more than we can ever know! We must choose to "do all that the Lord commands." By doing so, it is not only for others- the Lord will bless us in the process. It might be hard, but God will take care of us and meet every need!

Rachel☺; said...

Yeah, that actually would've been pretty scary now that i think of it.
I dont even like regular thunder and lightning storms!

Noah was probabaly so sea sick!, the whole family probably puked up a lot of weight between the rocking boat and animal poop.

Maybe God made the poop smell better so they wouldnt have top live nauseated for all that time. ?Haha, i wish he would do that with my cats.

Okay i will be serious now (:

All i could come to think about when reading this was how powerful God is in every aspect you could think of!
He took everything He had created on the earth when it became corrupt, and dirty, and sinful and swept it clean.
When i look back, i realize He has done that in me too, and i feel a little "cleaner" every day i ask to be (:
The Lord can do, or undo for that matter, anything! and the way He cleaned the earth in that storm reminds me of the way He cleans the hearts of those who believe in and accept Him.

I love waking up knowing that God has given me a brand new day and brand new heart so that i can have a fresh start to be better than i was before (:

Rachel☺; said...

lol. wow im stupid.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was funny!!

Jessica M said...

Noah was 600 years old when the flood started???? SWEET NIBBLETS! Now listen to this, God had to tell the Noah when it was going to rain because there was no radar or meteorologists. And he really knows the "right projected path" of the storms. Unlike our very own John Patrick. But even in these verses just like yesterdays, we see that Noah obeyed God and God blessed him for it. As I look outside right now I can see a beautiful rainbow, it is amazing because that is exactly what God sent to Noah after the flood. He promised to never flood the earth again. That shows me and reminds me of not only that specific promise but also all that God has promised and never failed at keeping. Thank –you God for your promises and blessings in my life.

Anonymous said...

Wow over a year I know that I could never last that long with some much rocking and imagine the smells of the animals. That would overwhelming!

If I was to be chosen to be in the ark after about 2 weeks I would say i think everything is dead now can you please get me outta here. I am trying to be like NOAH and have that much patience with God. If I could hear God's plan for me I would try to follow it exactly as planned no matter what happems.

Bethany B. said...

Yeah this story is incredible espially knowing that Noah and his family survived that crazy flood that God had sent to Earth. The storm must have been so scary. I cant imagine the patience Noah probally had. I also think its soo cool that God protected the animals too, he had a great purpose for them.God shows us that a rainbow is his promise to never flood the Earth again!Thats sweet!

Anonymous said...

YAY IM OFFICIALLY BACK!!!=]]]
ok so in this passage what i thought about most was noahs age.600 years being a righteous man is a long time and takes alot of dedication.im sure even when noah was on that ship him and his family did everything to the glory of god.i know that noone can be perfec but reading these books in the bible like job ad joseph and now reading about noah really convicts me because it makes me feel like i need to be a better christian.these people went through so many trials and i get in trouble and i act like it is really a big deal but acting likie that is really selfish and i cant think of any way that my attitude could be glorifying to God.that makes me kind of sad.but it also makes me really motivated to do what i need to do to make God proud of me as one of his children.i think all christians have room for improvement in thier lives to try to glorify God more and we need to be more dedicated to Him just like noah.

ps tomorrow i will find out whether or not i will make the north port high freshman volleyball team...i will give you my news good or bad tomorrow!!!=]

Kacey! said...

Once again, we see how amazing God is! Back then, they didn't have the nifty tools we do. I bet the ark was built like my childhood fort. Of course a lot bigger. And wow, Noah was 600 years old?! God obviously gave him the strength to build the ark.

We are studying all these chapters at the perfect time! Today at school, I was thinking about how horrible it is. Meaning the constant sin going on around me. And now I realize that I’m going through a storm in my life, and I need to trust God to take care of me.

Anonymous said...

yea i wish he'd make my cat's poop not smell 2 rachael -lol-

it'ss pretty cool how Noa made the ark HIMSELF & it worked that well...while the scientists say it's impossible, they must not know ANYTHING & EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE THRU GOD! W/him u gotta expect the unexpected!

this story relates 2 me cuz as the sea/flood was uncomfy 2 him, i have trials in my life that r uncomfy 2 me...

but w/Christ on my side things become easier & i know that it's 4 a purpose...follow in god & the impossible will become possible=]

im actually scared 2b out in the ocean past where my feet can touch even w/people surrounding me IN CALM WATER...so ida been TERRIFIED on a boat nowhere near ground rocking & shaking lightning & thunder & this weird stuff ive never seen fall from the sky & the smell of poopy everywhere=[

eghhh=[

k my mom's gotta get back on

later peeps=]

Amy :) said...

Pastor Lee thanks for the advice yesterday, I would have used it but the girl in my class dropped out of the school, now she is going somewhere else. :( I wish I could have witnessed to her, maybe I can use your advice to witness to someone else!!

Good thing Fay didnt do this to us!! lol,

I wonder what the animals ate on the ark? or did the animals go into hibernation?
I would have been really scared, with it raining for 40 days and 40 nights straight!! I probably go crazy of the noise! But God definetly had a purpose for this flood. But we can know that God will never flood the earth again with the beautiful spectrum of colors called the rainbow.

Anonymous said...

Noah wasn't only amazing for following God willing He was amazing for being able to handle a long boat ride with smelly animals. I know if I was him I jump off the boat into the water by like the 5th day. Being 70 years is hard enough, but being 600 and riding in a wood boat for a long long long time must have been unbearable, but with the power of God Noah was able to handle it. Many times in the bible we see how God helps everyone, but this story really shows the wrath of God and there only one other time He's going to do something to this extreme and thats His 2nd coming. We better be ready!

Today I in English Hon. 2 I had to write a paper about my goals for this year without using the words I or my it was the hardest thing I've ever done in my whole life.

Anonymous said...

Geez Pastor Lee, why are you up at 4 in the morning???
So God was telling Noah to come into the ark with his family, and saying he needs a couple of like 7 animals i think?and he is telling them that i t is gonna rain for 40 days and 40 nights and God will destroy the "face of the earth"
sorry i just thought i needed to put some emphises on theat to cease the dramatic moment! lol
and Noah obey God. i just went on a 5 day cruise and the 4th day i wanted to get off andwhen i did get off for a couple of hours later it still felt like i was moving!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!NOAH was old you know how ull see a 80 year old man and say EEEK because you can see all his vains and nasty stuff just imagine what Noah looked like i bet he was glad that he got a new body in heaven!!!!!
So i think this is how the dinosuars probably died but thats besides the point it seems weird God created the world then not long after he destroyed it and this shows me that the the world was so evil at that time that if we have evil in our hearts we need to wash it away and its awesome to think that Noah probably got a huge bleesing for the big thing he did in obideiance.

RYAN said...

Wow it would be so scary if i were Noah and his family having no one around but them and not knowing when he storm would end. it would be crazy to have been on that ark. i bet after a while it would probably start to stink in there, its hard to imagine what Noah was going through during that storm but God kept him alive and they didnt lose faith on god.

HADOKEN!!! said...

all I had to say about your poop comment Rachel is LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

anyways Noah Must've had some MAJOR faith in God to get on this wood boat that ways like 10 gazillion and 2 pounds. And I know that if it were me on that boat I'd be complaining to God on the 5th hour of the trip. That is something that I need to work on is staying faithful to God even when skies are grey.

Anonymous said...

Wow six hundred years old and I thought my dad was old and he's 50! I would go crazy if I was on an ark for 370 days or longer. God must have worked an attitude ajustment on them to be able to handle all that time on the ark.I know He would have to work on me.

Robert J Bellis-Nottingham said...

Oh wow...

Noah obeyed God and lived, for a good long time, and his family was taken care of, and he was giving great responsibilities!

That is amazing. :)

Mallory B (basketball team) said...

sorry I couldnt get on here yesterday Pastor Lee, It is very hard to fit this in with school and homework every night:( But I will try my best to get on here everyday! Hope school is going good for everyone!

WOW! There is alot you can learn about Noah if you look hard! You can see that he trusted in God the entire time on the ark, and he had obeyed God also. God is always powerful and showed it to all the people who had laughed and were very displeasing to God. i CANT IMAGINE BEING ON AN ARK THAT LONG! I dont think I would like being away from home that long! If my family and friends were with me I think i would feel more comfortable! I am so glad God promised not to flood the earth ever again that is great! Even if I were on the ark I am glad God would have been with me and helping me get through along the way! bye!

aicirt said...

WOW, Im sure it was terrifying in that ark. I also thought of how hard it would be to keep yourself occupied and to not get on people's nerves. You're there with your family and a bunch of animals. It would be hard to keep yourself busy.

We need to seek God when we are afraid and he will hold our ark up through the storm. And if we remain righteous through it, we will be rewarded.

Tylermon33 said...

this starts out by God telling noah that he need to get every animal in the world, male and female, to go onto the ark. so God sent him all the animals (wow that must have been a HUGE ark) and they entered the boat. then God told noah and all of his family to enter the boat and that it will rain shortly their after. so then it started raining and the whole world was soon flooded and everything on the earth was destroyed and noah and his family were on the ark for a little more than a year. the only reason that the ark stayed afloat was because of noah's faith and trust in God and because of God's power. so we need to trust in God for everything in our lives and also with trusting in Him we need to have faith in Him that He will help us.

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!