SATURDAY, August 2nd, 2008

I cannot describe the excitement in my heart right now about going to the wilds tomorrow! I am ready to jump out of my skin. I am so happy that each of you teenagers are going to the wilds with us! This will be one of the best trips of your life!

Today is Saturday... Let me give you a few details about what is going on today, and if you want to come up to the church and help get the vans ready or help in any other way, feel free to call me and join us!


6:00 am : Men's Prayer Breakfast
7:45 am : Go to Home Depot and buy mulch
8:15 am : Go to church and work on the landscape
10:30 am : Go to the Dollar Car Rental to pick up three vans
11:30 am : Make sure all of the vans are ready to go to the wilds
12:00 pm : work on the church van to make sure everything is ready

Then go to bed so that I can get up, go to church, and then go to the wilds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. We also have a suprise planned din Jacksonville for you guys! You are going to LOVE IT!!!

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday:

Michael: Great Job again! As always! Are you excited about camp?
Jake: Good to see you man!
Red Head: What about doing the devotions man!!!
Jeff: You can bring your whole house... When you see the size of the trailer that we are taking, then you will agree with me :)
Katie: I love you, you are a wonderful wife!!! Thanks for all you do!!
GABY: Hey Girl!!!! Good to see you on here! I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE GOING TO THE WILDS!
Josh L: That is a great video! I have seen it before and it fits perfect with this trip!
Marvino: TELL YOU BROTHER TO DO HIS DEVOTIONS!!!!!
Rachel: I do like cats!! They taste delicious!! :)

John 21

15 So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me more than these?” He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.” He said to him, “Feed My lambs.”
16 He said to him again a second time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?” He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.” He said to him, “Tend My sheep.”
17 He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?” Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, “Do you love Me?” And he said to Him, “Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You.” Jesus said to him, “Feed My sheep.

18 Most assuredly, I say to you, when you were younger, you girded yourself and walked where you wished; but when you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and another will gird you and carry you where you do not wish.”
19 This He spoke, signifying by what death he would glorify God. And when He had spoken this, He said to him, “Follow Me.”

20 Then Peter, turning around, saw the disciple whom Jesus loved following, who also had leaned on His breast at the supper, and said, “Lord, who is the one who betrays You?”
21 Peter, seeing him, said to Jesus, “But Lord, what about this man?”
22 Jesus said to him, “If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you? You follow Me.”
23 Then this saying went out among the brethren that this disciple would not die. Yet Jesus did not say to him that he would not die, but, “If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you?”
24 This is the disciple who testifies of these things, and wrote these things; and we know that his testimony is true.
25 And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen.

Well in these 11 verses there are several lessons: In verses 15 - 17 Jesus asks Peter THREE TIMES if Peter loves "Him" Jesus. I think it is great that Jesus allows Peter to say "I Love You" Three times to make up for the three times that Peter denied Christ. We should tell Jesus how much we love Him all the time. He enjoys hearing it! I guarantee it!

In verse 19 we see Christ tell his disciples: "Follow Me"

As we see in the remainder of the passage, We must not focus on whether our friends "follow Jesus" or not. Instead, we must focus on our own selves. We must make sure that we ARE FOLLOWING OUR LORD AND SAVIOR.

I think it is great how Jesus keeps saying: "What is that to you? YOU FOLLOW ME!" In other words: Jesus says: Peter, you don't need to watch them, watch me!! AND FOLLOW ME!

Verse 25 is AMAZING!!!!! John says that Jesus Christ did so many things while He was on this earth, that if someone had written everything down, that Christ did, The world could not hold all of the books that would be written.

Wow! We have an AMAZING GOD!!! Our God has done so many good things that we cannot even comprehend it. I heard a preacher say: We will spend the first billion years in Heaven just thanking God for all of the good things He did in our life.

We have a good God!!!! Let's live for Him!!!



WE ARE GOING TO THE WILDS IN LESS THAN 30 HOURS!!!!!!!!!

19 comments:

weird high school kid said...

YAY we're going to the wilds and I am so happy about that sure fact!

Mostly what I found that could be written from this passage is how jesus asked peter if he loved him three times. Kinda like how peter had earlier denied his relation to jesus three times. Whats truly amazing though is that even though its an over-exageration just think of how many books you could write about jesus and his life. There would be more books than that one library in new york where they have a cellar with over 2 million books in it, and then the hundred thousands moore that the public can openly see.

Oh well sorry pastor lee if I didn't go to the prayer meeting, but I purposely skipped that since I have had no time for myself the past 5 days to do the chores my mom has been wanting me to do. I haven't even packed for the wilds yet which I shall be doing after I am finished with these devotions.

Oh well have fun today, be safe, make sure you have everything you need for the wilds, and HAVE SOME FUN SINCE THERE ARE ONLY 17 MORE DAYS TILL SCHOOL STARTS!

BYE-BEE!!!

Rachel☺; said...

ewwww youre gross! D:

and i told you id be up (:

between both of my cats i got very little sleep last night and im feeling it.
7:14 is not my time of morning right now!

im actually going to church at 830 this morning to helpd do different stuff so, if i can help you too,
i will Pastor Lee (:

Hmm, i like verse 22 where Jesus is telling Peter to not worry about any others and not to be the least bit concerned, but focus on Him and follow Him. And thats good advic
Its a lot easier to follow God if you really arent concerned with others opinions or what theyre doing. And i know im not exactly pefect at doing that either :/ But im learning it! (:

Rachel☺; said...

oh darn :(
josh i was excited! i thought i was first... asdfghjkl

Aznricerunr[PN] said...

Wow pastor lee makes me wake up 545in the morning wait actually he called mme at 510 in the morning and picked me up to go to perkins and pray and eat. It was fun but way t oearly I didnt even go to sleep all night but yeah i guess now me and Alex r going to do r devotions then we r going outside to work on the church because were Pastor Lees slaves today.

So jesus ask simon if he loves him and three times simon says that he does.Jesus gives simon an illustration and tells him that while he was a baby and innocent he walked where he wanted but know that he is older he needs Jesus help to guide him and show him where to go and what to do. Jesus tells him if he follows Jesus that he will not die but live with Jesus forever. We should tell god that we love him everyday or even more!! che is the one that created us so we should thank him for it.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Pastor Lee I am exited about camp, But probably not as much as Jeff or Josh because I don't know what to expect.

At first, I did not know why Jesus asked Peter "do you love Me" but now Jesus is just making it up from when Peter denied Him. Yeah, every night when I pray, I end it like this: "Lord I love you and in Jesus name I pray, Amen.

McCue said...

Im real excited for you guys. I get home in like 7 days wow. Anyway so in todays passage jesus and the disciples are all full and feeling good after a delightful breakfast. So jesus asks simon peter if he loves him 3 times simon peter feels terrible at this point he's thinking see god knows everything. He saw me deny him but he's being so merciful. Anyway so I think the application there is remember god doesn't miss a thing he sees us at our best and our worst so lets make the best of our past be the worst of our future. Chew on that little phrase for a minute lol. Peace-McCue-

aicirt said...

The beginning of this passage stands out to me where Peter is making up for denying Jesus 3 times by telling him that he loves Him, but the part where Jesus tells him to feed and tend for His sheep. He said if you love me then show me by taking care of people spiritually, feeding them, as I have fed you.

As Christians we need to be witnesses of truth and make sure that we're following God and all your attention is on Him.

God is perfect and we can learn so much from Him, everything Jesus did on this Earth is too much to be documented and we need to take what we do have and see all the wonderful things God has done and learn from them, so we can become more like Christ.

Mallory B (basketball team) said...

I cant believe the wilds is tomorrow! One month ago I wasn't even going, but Pastor Lee asked if he could convince me to and I said that he could try if he wanted and thanks to him now I get to go and have SO MUCH FUN!!!YEAH!

*DEVOTIONS*

WOW! This is a great passage! I liked reading verses 15 through 17. Jesus had asked Simon Peter 3 times if he loved HIM. Peter answered Yes all 3 times. I like how Pastor Lee said that it makes up for all 3 times he had denied HIM. I think that is really cool. verse 19 is what we all need to make sure we are doing which is following Jesus! I think it would be cool to actually see the number of great things Jesus did but its great to know that there are to many to list!
I WILL SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW!!!

Anonymous said...

14hrs & 15 mino f sleep & im still pooped! i was even in bed by 8:15PM this time(ive been really sick)

ok...actually(&pobably cuz im sick & unable 2 even remember my 1st name) i didnt get much out this...

i just got that Christ asked him 3 times if he love him...& not 2 worry bout if others are followin jesus...focus on urself...thro the word out there & after that focus on urself & let them do w/what they want w/it...

o & my hand hurts cuz i went 2 grab my dictionary this morrnin & my bible fell on it=[ the truth hurts -lol-...get it...bible...truth...*hangs head down in embearassment* never mind

Anonymous said...

o & have fun at camp & be safe!!!

Kacey! said...

I'm so excited about the Wilds, but someone's negativity is getting me down. : / And I have to spend all week with her. Please pray that I will overcome this problem and stay happy! Thanks, (:


It's happened before that I got caught up in trying to lead my friends to Christ, that I wasn't doing my best in spending time with God and praying.


Verse 25 just wows me: And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen.

Think of how big the world is! And the fact that it couldn't hold all books about everything good that Jesus did is incredible! God truly is amazing!


I made up Monday and Tuesday's devotions. I will make up the rest sometime today. (:

Anonymous said...

hey are we allowed to wear jean pants to Jacksonville? just curious. if any one no's write back!

Gaby said...

I like the verses 15-17 when jesus lets peter say i love u three times to make up for the three times he denied him. This reminds me that god forgives us and even allows us to forgive ourselves by giving us opportunities to make up for the things we did.

Bree said...

sorry i havent been on much pastor lee ,atht was a powerfull message

Bree said...

*sigh* it never fails

Aznricerunr[PN] said...

Pastor lee lol right when i got home i went to sleep for like 4 hours!!!

Anonymous said...

I think that some of us start to focus on other people so much that we start to drift farther and farther away from God until the people we spent all that time on are the ones keeping us on track with the Lord. If we can't be right with God by ourselves we have no business trying to get others to follow God. God Himself says He rather have people not follow Him then have people fake it.

By the way I did my devotions yesterday, but I don't know what happened

RYAN said...

WOW... God is absolutly amazing. in the first section its awesome how Jesus asked Peter 3 times if he loved him. each time Peter said yes he love him. Jesus asked 3 times to get the point accrossed that he wanted to have Peter tell others about Jesus. its crazy that Peter got Crussified just like Jesus for telling people about him and he did it willingly just like Jesus. We ALL!!!! need to go follow Jesus.

weird high school kid said...

Pastor lee I was in walmart in north port for 2hr. 15min. and I couldn't sell a single discoumt card.

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!