TUESDAY, July, 22nd, 2008

Well yesterday we broke a record for the most comments thanks to CARY~!! Too bad that we did not break the record by actuaklly having 50 different people doing their devotions!!! Lucy! You are exactly right!! I was so excited whenever I saw 50 comments! What a dissapointment!
:(

I want to say this, and I know I keep telling you all this... but, I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THE WILDS!!! We will be going in less than two weeks! I went over the list of who is going yesterday and I have about 3 people on the fence, but if they all go then we will be taking over 40 people this year!! That was my goal, so I hope we can meet it!!!

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday:
CARY: YOU DISGUST ME! How cruel~ I thought ther ewere 50 teenagers doing their devotions! :) you are funny. Dont let it happen again! :)
McCue: We miss you man! Good to see you on here!
Amy: I am glad that you are so faithful on here!!
SABLE: Hey Girl!!! Thanks for coming on here and posting a comment with us!! You are so cool! I am glad that I found you, my long lost cousin, on facebook!! :)
Kervin: This is me officially begging: PLEASE COME TO THE WILDS WITH US!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! You will be glad that you did!! :)
My 2 Cents: I have quited down on this littlegame because I know who you are and I am letting everyone else have some fun with it. :)

John 16:19-24

19 Now Jesus knew that they desired to ask Him, and He said to them, “Are you inquiring among yourselves about what I said, ‘A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me’?
20 Most assuredly, I say to you that you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; and you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will be turned into joy.
21 A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.
22 Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you.
23 “And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you.
24 Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.

This, once again, is a pretty neat passage! Can you believe the disciples are STILL trying to figure out what Jesus is talking about when He tells them that He will be leaving them... How clear can He make it?? Well, I guess He could have told them that He would be crucified on a cruel cross, but if He would have told them that, then maybe they would have tried (ignorantly) to save Him from the cross, not knowing that If Jesus did not die on the cross they would all end up in Hell, (we would too). Anyways, there is a lot of cool stuff in this passage!!
I love verses 19 and 20. Jesus explains to the Disciples that they will be sad when He is gone, but they need not worry, because their "Sorrow will turn to Joy"

Think about that: Jesus is in the business of taking what we have made sorrowful and turning it into Joy. I am so glad that Jesus takes my sorrow and turns it into Joy.

Verse 21 is so great! It reminded me of about 4 months ago when Will was born!! :) Katie was telling me (over and over) that we are not having any more kids at all... The pains of child labor made her very sorrowful!! But Jesus knew how Katie would feel after Will was born, that is why He says in this passage that "she will nolonger remember her anguish"

That is kind of a joke around the "mother infant floor" of the hospital . All of the mothers are screaming " I AM NEVER DOING THIS AGAIN" but for some reason (mentioned in this passage) as soon as the baby is born, The mother forgets about all of the pain because of the Joy she has over her newborn child.

There may be sorrowful times in our life, just as the disciples faced, but we must remember that Joy will come in the morning!! Praise the Lord for His Love and Faithfulness!

16 comments:

in K C U R wondering... said...

I'll do my devos later. But for now go watch this video. It's a new song by Chris Tomlin. It's amazing....
PL, we definately need to do this one in church...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd8EhpOoayg&feature=related

Anonymous said...

well...what i got from this passage was that Jesus was saying that even though he was going to die his disciples shouldnt be sad because he would be back and then he compared this situation to birth.when a mother is in labor she is sad but when its all over she is really happy beause a new life has been brought into the world.then Jesus says that when he leaves then comes back his people will be happier than ever and nothing will be able to bring them down.Jesus also said that noone will ask for anything in his name but if they do jesus will fulfill their needs and make sure they are the happiest they can be.I thnk it is amazing that everytime i read these passages i am proved time and time again that jesus is a joyful giver because he says that even though his disciples havent asked for anything from him that if they ask god in jesus' name for anything it will be given to them...wow!

Anonymous said...

if anyone doesnt have plans tonight alot of people from the church get to gether and play volleyball at the rec center on sumter tues. and thurs. nights.the more the merrier
bethany

FoOtBaLl XtReMiSt (cary) said...

i lost my ipod today at football :(

im depressed

aicirt said...

When Jesus told them He was going away and they would be sorrowful, because they didn't know what was going to happen, but that their sorrow would turn to joy makes me think that when God has something planned for you, He doesn't always give you details, because if you knew everything you would have to do or give up for God's perfect will to be done then you might not do it. If you follow God's will, through the sorrows will come joy. Trust God that He will take care of all your needs!

Ask and you will recieve! That your joy may be full!

Anonymous said...

pastor lee, u seem 2 have the same fav verses as i do in these passages-lol-

i thought the same 3 to be really cool cuz I understood what he was sayin while the diciples still didnt...it's simply talking bout how his death is gonna sadden them but not to worry cuz they'll soon understand that his death was for a reason...a GREAT reason...their salvation & an eternity w/God=]

that's a pretty cool illustration Christ gives, the woman & birth.& that is totally true(i wouldn't know) but ive had enough fam members get pregneant to know what Christ's talking about=]

another illustration is like working out...for those of us who are a bit..."cudly"-lol- as i like 2say...we don't like 2 work out & it's an ABSOLUTE PAIN but the end results are fabulas & then u dont mind workin out more...if that makes any sense...

***********************************
k...well now im goin 2 go find sum books online 4 the nopo public library...wanna catch up on sum readin so im not COMPLETLY useless when i go back 2 skool=]

2WEEKS & SIX DAYS WOOT WOOT!!!yeah i know im 1of those odd kids who LIKES school...BUT...the main reason RIGHT NOW is HUMAN INTERACTION besides w/u guys on wed...bein grounded SUCKS MAJOR!!!

that an my friend Dani's movin 2 NOPO!!!i havent seen her since country fest '06(1yr & 3months ago=[)she lived'lives(idk if she moved yet) in K-town(Arcadia)ima gonna try 2 get her 2 come 2 youth sumtime=]anyways...gotta go

FoOtBaLl XtReMiSt (cary) said...

man that must be confusing, when jesus says that their sorrow will turn to joy, if i were a disciple, i wouldve had a blank face on for quite a while... lol.

and i like the analagie christ gives, he talks about how they will be sad when he dies on the cross but they will be happy because their sins are now paid for. and then he talks about the woman at the birth of her child. he talks about how the woman will be in pain, and then when she sees her new-born baby she will not feel the pain because of the joy that has overwhelmed her body!!
THATS COOL!!


PEACE

Aznricerunr[PN] said...

Ok Bethany i will go tonight to the volleyball i go like every time but if you still need a partner I can be yours for like a week because jon is at his beach house and cant do his devos for like a week and i don't want to lose so call or i will talk to you tonight!

This passage really touched my heart because its so true. I think its talking about our time on earth is going to be sad and painful but once we die and go to heaven we will forget about all of our bad times on earth and make new memories in heaven! wow that will be great! And about the baby thing i wouldn't know how that would feel but i bet once the mother sees their baby its an amazing feeling and all the pain is gone and they are filled with happiness. That is what Jesus did for us he took all the sorrow in the world and turned it into joy by dieing on the cross for us. If you think labor is bad think how bad taking all the guilt and sin in the world would hurt. He did all that just for us! What an amazing GOD.

weird high school kid said...

ow I'm in so much pain it even hurts to type. JK but seriously one of the cadets that usually drill us really hard wasn't there today, and then suddenly 5 guys from the navy come over and made us do things that should be labled as cruel and unusual punishment. we did every jumping jack known to man like the plain one, smurf jacks, duck jacks, side saddle hops, and a few others. Then we did a bunch of pushups like the plain ones, diamond, ranger, superman, and 8-count body builders. My body is so sore right now that after these devos I'm gonna soak in my parents hot jacuzzi tub.

HAHAHAHAHAHA LOL wow that was deffinately the most funniest passage we have had thus far. I can't believe jesus seriously compared the disciples to a pregnant lady LOL. Reminds me of myself today how I was dreading going to boot camp today, but now I'm happy cause I feel as though I have accomplished something and have recieved my excersise for the next 923642764 years... JK. So the passage tells of how we are sad that jesus is not here with us, but when comes back we will be oh so happy. Like a little kid with all the tokens s/he wants at chuckie cheeses, but better. I can't wait for the rapture, and I hope that the Mayans, ancient chinese, and that one book scientists just found in the middle east of how the end of the world will be in september 2012 is true.

Oh well muscles are sore so I'm gonna take a hot bath TTYL BYE-BEE!!!

Anonymous said...

So Jesus is telling his diciples(still) that he is gonna leave and the will be sad, but there sadness will turn to Joy. Then it's talking about how when woman have baby they will feel pain but i soon as it is over, when there holding the baby in there arms they forget about pain they just went through. I know this has nothing to do with having a baby, but at blizzard beach when your going down summit plummit your like SCARY,SCARY,SCARY then it's over and your so happy you did it and you want to go on again!
I will see you guys tomorrow

Aznricerunr[PN] said...

Josh I just read your comment on yesterdays and if you want to learn how to flip call me up so i can teach you wow

Tylermon33 said...

this starts out by Jesus saying to the disciples that they will not see Him for a long time (after He is crucified) but they will eventually see Him later on (in heaven). then Jesus say that your sorrowes will be turned into joy (i am so glad that He did that because some people would be sorrowful for the rest of their lives). He also says that it is like when a women gives birth that they are in so much pain when it happens but after they are so happy and overwhelmed with joy that they forget about the pain (sorry girls). finally He says that if you ask my Father or Me you will receive (which is so cool because He is willing to give us anything, just like when He did on the cross for us). so if we believe in Jesus then we will eventually see Jesus just like the disciples. also He will turn our sorrowes into joy (which i am so thankful about) and Jesus will give us what we need.

Anonymous said...

hey pastor lee i would have been on erlier eccept the internet at my house has been working on and off so i have to make today a quick response so i dont loose connection(AGAIN!!)oh and my mom and i decided that it would be best 4 me to just go 2 the wilds next time because i am gonna be like super tired when iget bak from WOL but thanks for calling!!

tonight i want to focus on the end of verse 20 where it says,"and you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will be turned into joy."im am not exactly sure what it means but to me it says life is gonna be sad or dissapointing sometimes but God always does what he does for a reason.he had a plan for my life before i was evven born and that means that he has been planning for 13+ years what im am gonna have for breakfast on friday,well i dont know if it is quite that detailed but you get my point,right.

and david and josh are over so if i am grumpy 2morrow it is probably because i didnt get enough sleep because they are up all night doing who knows what but my point is...HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well tata for now!!!

Mallory B (basketball team) said...

Well looks like i did have time to get on Pastor Lee!!!YES!And i dont no about you but i cant see anything from being underwater my eyes BURN!!!anyways... the devo's!

Pastor Lee is right about this passage being neat. I like verse 23 and 24 it basically means that in your prayers when you ask God for something according to His name He will answer you.

I got to go to bed to get up @ 5:00 to go to TENNESSEE!! woo hoo!!! i will see you guys in a week!! bye and please pray that we have a safe trip thanks BYE!!!

Kacey! said...

Sorry I wasn't able to get on yesterday. We left early and got to the hotel late. To answer your questions you asked yesterday: We went to SeaWorld yesterday and today. And Jill did not come. I'm not sure why though, I guess she just didn't want to? Oh and I made up yesterday's devo.

It's so cool to think that God can turn sorrow into joy so easily. Wow! Now that I think of it, if I would have asked God to turn my sorrows into joy, that would have saved me of a lot of hurt. We serve an amazing God! There is nothing that He can't do! I can't wait until I leave the sorrows of this world behind to be with my Savior in Heaven! :D Wow, that's exciting!

Rachel☺; said...

Haha, so in the beginning Jesus is kinda like now you see me...now you dont...now you see me...
lol and the disciples seem to not get it at all.
Usually when a pet dies or a family member, its nothing positive because we dont think we will ever see them again, but from just one person -Jesus- dying a long time ago for payment, we will see them again if they are saved.
Even death can be viewwed as a happy thing all because of Jesus and its the same for other things because His reasons always end up for the best and the bad often change in His timing.
So thats nice ((:

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!