SATURDAY, July 19th, 2008

Yeah! It Is The Weekend! See you in Sunday School tomorrow at 9:15am! Don't Forget! Come to church tomorrow night as well... It will be great!!

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday:
Lucy: How in the world do you make an upside down question mark?!?!
Cary: That was good stuff! I Like the way that you said we are little appendages of Him. :)
PHILLIP: AWESOME TO SEE YOU MAN!!!!!! Thanks for coming on!! Great Job too! I am glad that Bethany is your Partner in Crime!

Bethany: Thanks for coming on here again girl!! I am glad that you have been coming back to youth group as well!! :)
Alex: Thanks for doing your devos!
Josh LaPerriere: All I can say is WOW! I think that was the most interesting Devotion of all time! I think it defeats the purpose of doing devotions if you have to break your parents rules to do them... It is never right to do wrong to do right! :)
Anonymous... They prank call you because they can't get you off of their mind.
Mallory, Jessica or Jon... whichever one of you wrote that comment: I think it is awesome how you said we need to show the "pretenders" the real thing!
2 Cents: Chores?? :) what for?... your allowance?
Ryan: Do you believe this?!?! The days that you do them, Rachel doesn't... what is this world coming to?? :)


John 15:9-17

9 “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.
10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.
11 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.
12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.
14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.
16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.
17 These things I command you, that you love one another.

This is a great passage about the Love of God. In verse 9 we see that we are supposed to abide in His love! How do we abide in Christ's love?? I was wondering the same thing... It is a good things that we have the very next verse that tells us: If you keep my commandments then you will abide in my love.

To abide means to live, so Jesus is telling us to live in His love... does that mean that we can live out of His love? Doen that mean that we can be separated from the Love of God? Romans 8:38-39 answer that for us... "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." So if we cannot be separated from His love, then what is this talking about.

I believe to abide in His love means to live in the mindset of acknowledging His love for us. Let me explain it like this... When I think about how much Christ loves me, then It motivates me like nothing else To live for Him Daily! When I keep my heart focused on His love for me, then I want to keep His commandments because I don't want to hurt the one who loves me so!

The passage goes on to say "greater love hath no man, than to lay down His life for His friend" That is INCREDIBLE!!! God cannot love us any greater than He already does! What a motivation to serve such a loving God with My life! And did you notice... He calls us His friend!!!

Abide in the Love of Christ today! Live every moment acknowledgeing the Love that Christ has for you, and realize what a priveledge it is to serve a loving God with your life!

16 comments:

FoOtBaLl XtReMiSt (cary) said...

man my FAVORITE verse in the entire bible is "no greater love than this that a man lay down his life for a friend" we were watching "we were soldiers" last night and mr paul brought that verse up during a battle scene. but i think the most exciting verse in this passage is where jesus says that he does not look upon us as his servants because servants do not know what there master is doing. but he calls us his FRIENDS!!! HOW COOL IS THAT!?!?!?!?!?! :D i think that its an amazing feeling to know that the creater of the universe and the lord that created YOU and is the most POWERFULL being to have ever existed wants to be MY FRIEND!!!!!!! that is AMAZING!


PEACE

Anonymous said...

FRIENDS MAN FRIENDS!!! how cool is that...he wants us 2 b his frinds & not "servents" cuz he wants us 2 know what he's doing!

he's continueing on from when he said love every man as i have loved u(previous passage)& by stayin in his love great things can happen...which makes me think about our partners...i just lost train of thought...it was amazin 2...GRAWWWRRRR!!!o well...if i remember ill come back on later & say it...

&then he says verse 13...he even says hed lay down his life for us(which he did)talk about a true friend...givin up his life!i dont think many of my frinds would do that...except 4 my bff Amanda(she cant come down 4 summer...=[)

so as long as u stay in his love...lets elaborate...HE will love u 4ever & u cant b seperated from THAT...but by stayin in his love means ya kinda gotta accept it...like the bride & groom...the groom(christ) says i do & the bride(u) must say it 2 2 accept his everlasting love until death do u part...u can either 1]reject christ's love or 2]after uve accepted it, stray from the path(which is what our partners r 4)

so continue 2 accept his love & that great friend of ours will give us the gift of life & anything we ask 4(that glorifies him)ask & u shal recieve

speakin of which, pastor lee...do u remember my friend who took what i said & misenterperated it & REFUSED 2 talk 2 me?well i was prayin that we could be friends again & that she'd believe what i said was true...& she apologized 4 actin like an arogent jerk(her words) &explained things & EVERYTHINGS ALL BETTER!!!all cuz im stayin in gods love, producin fruit & asked=]

so yeah...IS GOD A GREAT FRIEND OR WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Anonymous said...

I don't know if my dad is bringing his laptop up to orlando or not , so I might not be able to do my devotions until Wednesday .

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone!!!
Pastor Lee, I don't know if will work on a laptop but if your labtop has a number pad you press Alt 1-6-8 all together to do this¿
but make sure you do it one by one because if you just press them all together it won't work!

Jesus tells us that as his father loved him he has loved us. and he tells us to live in his love. and he also tells us that if we keep his commandments and we will abide in his love. and tells us his commandment that we should love one another just as Jesus loved us. Jesus calls us his friends if we do what he commands we are no longer servents!!!

Anonymous said...

Pastor Lee, allowance, ya right, I wish. I have to do my chores or I get in trouble like Josh. Josh, man don't did a deeper hole, your reaping what you sowed. Take it like a man and get on with life. Today is a beautyful day, no rain for a change.

This is a cool passage. I'm not a religion scalar but is there any other religion where a God shows as much love for his people, or one that calls his people friends? I don't think so. That's because we serve the one and only true god, all other's are made up by man's twisted ideas of what they want out of a god.
Jesus wants (commands) us to love as He loves and be filled with his joy. To love like Jesus we need to be willing to lay down our life for a friend like Jesus did, right? To give our life for a friend or a cause is the ultimate gift we can give, how powerful. Have a great day and enjoy the weather, see you all tomarrow.

Anonymous said...

JOSH I MEANT DIG NOT DID, OH WAIT YOU CANT SEE THIS ANYWAY, INLESS YOUR BEING BAD. YOU NEED TIME OUT.

Anonymous said...

I ALSO MEANT UNLESS NOT INLESS. MAN I'M GONA QUIT NOW BEFORE RACHEL MAKES FUN OF ME AGAIN.

red head said...

if you love god and abide in his rules you will be servant for god and when you pray pray to god and he will answers ur prayers

Kacey! said...

I'm not sure if I'm going to be at church tomorrow morning. My dad wants me to go with him to church. But I'll try to convince him otherwise, (: And he is bringing his laptop so me and Grace will still be able to do our devotions.


Jesus is saying here that if we abide in His love then we will be joyfull. That's so true! Whenever I am right with God, I am a lot happier!

And that is so cool to think that Christ chose us! He chose us, and has a plan for our lives! And if we love Him and obey His plan then we will be rewarded and happy.

Jessica M said...

I think it is pretty neat how Jesus said I no longer call you servant but friend. I like people because they have the ability to please me. I like my friends because I enjoy being around them. But a Christian’s love is more than that. Christ did not "like" me; he loved me. He does not always like what I do. But that never stops HIS love for me. Now this is hardest part for me...as a Christian I am even told to love my enemies. I don't need to be BFF :) with them. But I am still called to love them. How do we do that? Well from the past verses we read we can use the example of Christ as our model. We need to be the example to the world because they will recognize us by the way we treat one another. And Christ even says in the passages that our obedience to these commands will bring complete joy. Doesn't everyone want joy??


>Sunday School
>Tomorrow
>9:15am
>Be there! J

Jess

Rachel☺; said...

two cents; haha

i just got home so sorry im late.

ill make up yesterdays/todays tomorrow because once again, i feel really yucky and i am ultra tired, so im sorry, but i did read them!
)):

Anonymous said...

i think that just the concept that no one can love you more than god is compelling.the fact that a god so mighty and amazing can consider me a friend if i just spread his holy word keeps me in awe.being friends with god is like 20 times better than being best friends with oprah.why do you ask?god gives us everlasting life and blessings that are unimaginable, god only lifts us up and gives us only what we can handle.in the passage it says god doesnt consider us servants because a servant isnt aware of what their master is doing and boy is he right. we all know gods plan to bless those who follow his path and punish those who shy away from it.but knowing that with the love of god our soul can last forever is awesome...that is a gift no celebrity can give....so why do people idolize celebrities more than they idolize god???

Aznricerunr[PN] said...

Brizzles bday tommorrow hope everyone can come were going to have a professional flip team there so I hope your there to see them

Love love love! What a cool thing to talk about Jesus loves us so much he died for us! What if one of your friends did for you how would you feel for that friend? If one of my friends died for me then I would love them so much. Jesus says to love him by obeying him and his commandments. He wants us to live as he did and how he showed everyone with love. Never being negative or mean but always loving. I know that it is hard to love someone when they make you mad or do sum thing wrong but your not going to make the situation better by being mean to them. All you have to do is show them your love and be nice to them. lets show everyone how Jesus was because if we dont were giving him a bad name.

Amy :) said...

my partner : Grace Lockhart

I'm gonna get those Barnthouse kids to do there devos too.(Bethany,Jacob)

The other day whenever I mentioned how incredible God's love was toward us I was aiming @ this point that there r'nt even the words to explain how AWESOME His love is and that He would die for us. If u really think about how insignificant we r to Him its like WOW! He loved us sooo much He didnt even have to meet us but He just died to show His love toward us. In a way that in indescribable.

Rachel☺; said...

I would think that abiding/living in His love would mean that the obedience of His commandements and an effort to please Him would make His love evident and show His blessing on us. idk, just going to blabber, ((:
haha,
idk this i spronbably a really bad picture but it kind of reminds me of a dog who has a mindset of always wanting to please their owner for a treat... lol of course treats would be the blessings we recieve for living rightly, but it still sounds kind of bad, lol.
But then again, it says that we arent just servants but friends if we respond to His commandments...
lol that makes it worse.
a dog is a....
"mans best friend"
a Christian is a...
"Gods best friend"
idk im tired ((:
But i think i got the point across.

Tylermon33 said...

Jesus starts out by saying since my Father has loved Me i shall love you and you in Me. then He says if you keep My commandments then you are abiding in My love (which is pretty cool) and He says this for His joy to be in us and to spread it to other people. then He says that it is my commandment for us to love others (even though it may be hard) since He has love us. He also says that no man is greater than He that lays his life for his friend (which is so true and so powerful) and He also says that we are His friends if we listen to His commandments (WOW our friends). He says we are His friends because we know what He is doing, and servants don't know what their master does. He says that we didn't choose Him but that He chose us so that we may bear fruits and keep those fruits and hopefully be a blessing to the people around us. finally He tells us to love one another and not ourselves. so we need to keep God's commandments to be His friend and to be abiding in His love. also we need to love one another just as Jesus has loved us and not be selfish.

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!