TUESDAY, July 15th, 2008

Hey everyone! Great Job on the Devotions yesterday. So many of you were faithful!!! Dont' Forget! this week we are keeping track of who does them to reward you guys next week! STAY FAITHFUL! There were still several people who use to be faithful who have not been on in some time. Make sure that you find someone to hold accountable and call them up. Can you believe that we have been doing these devotions for 7 months!! Wow! You guys are great!

Hey also: I am preaching on Sunday Night in church, so you guys all better be there!!! :)

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday:
Rob: That was some good stuff! I enjoyed reading your thoughts. Call me sometime today if you can!
Aviata: Who are you?
Brooke: Sorry about your migraine. Sorry about your problem. I will pray for you throughout the day today.
In K C U R Wondering: That was a great challenge about "running without a message". I am glad you were in church on Sunday night! By the way... who are you?
Jeff: I am not sure, But I guess it would be pretty scary to see a man "Posed by Satin" :) LOL!
Kacey: I hope you are feeling better! I am glad that you are on these devotions so faithfully. Tell Grace to do hers as well!! :)
My Two Cents: Very Good Question! I believe that because Peter motioned and leaned back onto Jesus' chest when He asked the question that Jesus only told Peter who would betray Him. So yes, you could say that Peter was on the DL! Why? Because He asked a question! BTW, My 2 cents, if you take 5 minutes and create a user profile then no one can pose with your name. I figured it was not you, because I am learning your patterns... Yes, I am still doing my research!
Mallory: I AM SO GLAD THAT YOU ARE GOING TO THE WILDS! YOU ARE GOING TO LOOOOOOVVVEEEE IT!!!
Lucy: Good to see you on here Girl!! Now remind Jessica to get on as well!!
Jonathan: That was a great thought... It was even more incredible that Jesus knew but did not stop it from happening! He sure loves us!
Rachel: Great Stuff! I liked your thoughts very much! I never really thought about if the bread was possessed. :) I am pretty sure that it was not. I think it had something to do with this... Jesus knows the future, but Satan does NOT! so maybe Satan was in that room as well, and He was just waiting to possess one of them, and when Jesus said that Judas would betray Him, Satan figured that would be the best man to possess... Very interesting thoughts though!
Jessica B: You are funny! you said: "TRUST ME!!! you cannot hide anything from God" :) what did you do??? :) J/K!


John 13:33-38

33 Little children, I shall be with you a little while longer. You will seek Me; and as I said to the Jews, ‘Where I am going, you cannot come,’ so now I say to you.
34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”
36 Simon Peter said to Him, “Lord, where are You going?” Jesus answered him, “Where I am going you cannot follow Me now, but you shall follow Me afterward.”
37 Peter said to Him, “Lord, why can I not follow You now? I will lay down my life for Your sake.”
38 Jesus answered him, “Will you lay down your life for My sake? Most assuredly, I say to you, the rooster shall not crow till you have denied Me three times.

This is a short passage, but there are three key thoughts I want to share with you...
First: Jesus calls His disciples "little children". That is interesting? Why? Was it because they were so ignorant of everything? Was it because of their Child like faith? (BTW: Child like faith is something good to have... We are supposed to trust in Christ Just like a Child would!)

Second: Verses 34 and 35 give us an INCREDIBLE Commandment!!! Love one another, As CHRIST LOVES US!! That is powerful! We have seen the Love of Christ displayed in every chapter in John. It would be crazy to say that Christ did not Love, because EVERY CHOICE that He makes is based on LOVE! Are you Loving? Or are you spiteful and hateful? Well, If you are loving then you are more like Christ, of you are hateful then you are more like Satan.

Verse 35 sums it up like this: All men will know that you are my Disciples if you LOVE ONE ANOTHER!! Do people know that you are a follower of Christ by the way that you LOVE the people around you??? It is so important to Love as Christ did/ does!

Third: Peter, Peter, Peter... Do you believe this... One minute Jesus tells Peter something that will happen in the future... and you could say... (as My 2 Cents did...) that Peter was on the DL with Christ!! But I am pretty sure that Peter started to get a little bit to confident in Himself!

I have said many times that I would die for Jesus Christ, because He died for me... but I have to wonder if I am more like Peter than I realize. Would I truely Die for Christ? Peter would not even stand up for Christ in a crowd of slaves or servants. Peter denied Christ 3 times in just a few short hours.

We must love our Lord, We must not Deny Him? How do we often deny our Lord throughout the week? Maybe when we don't want to pray in Public, maybe when we are willing to swear to make ourselves look cool? I am sure there are many ways... what are some of your thoughts?

Finally, think of this: Even though Christ knew that Peter would betray Him, Jesus LOVED PETER!!!! Wow! Unconditional Love! How amazing is that! Jesus knows that we are going to mess up and maybe even Deny Him as well, but He Loves us unconditionally!

Now, a God like that is definitely someone that I want to please with every ounce of my life!!!!

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

what stuck out to me is the new commandment that is said kinda reminds me of a verse.i forget where i saw it but it said "be ye kind one to another,tenderhearted and forgiving one another even as God for christ sake hath forgivin you". or something like that.

oh and pastor lee i did nothing wrong i promise!!!!!

FoOtBaLl XtReMiSt (cary) said...

whos the noob posing as my two cents?

ok... to the devos...

basically what god is saying is treat other people in the same christian manner that i have treated you in!!!! make christians known as positive people that love people and show kindness. demonstrate the love that has been given to you!! SPREAD DA LOVE!!!!

hehe...

PEACE!!!

Anonymous said...

hey cari you finally have 500 views on your blog!!!

Anonymous said...

MIGRANE IS GONE!!!
my problem...ALMOST!!!

CARY:u still need a partener???ill call u up in a min after i put my cheesesticks in the oven & do devos...

MR. PAUL KING!!!!!:u HAVE 2 stop by the youth room 2morrow!!! im makin those chocolate & peanutbutter chip thingies u missed out on last time

i remember hearin this story at south biscane whaen i was like...8...but yeah, so im familiar with it...

It's amazing how Christ loves us unconditionally even tho he KNOWS we're gonna slip up/deny him here or there...

when Christ says we need to love others as he loved us, it's important...if we're men...or women...after gods own heart & are supossed 2 b Christ like, than it only makes sense to love EVERYONE...no matter what=]

i noticed again he's tellin them of his death...he again says the words where i am going you cannon folloe me...except this time NOW is at the end of the sentence...& goes on 2 say u cant now, but u will after(my death&reserection)

it is SOOO important 2 love others as Christ loves us...people should be able to look at you & KNOW you're a child of God W/O ever havin 2 say a word to you...they'll see it in your actions & the way you present urself, talk 2 others & stuff like that...

i've done ALOT of changin this summer, u may not have noticed cuz i USED 2 b 2sided...1 way at church, & another away...when i get back 2 school people are gonna KNOW that im a child of god by the way i present/carry myself=]

Anonymous said...

woot woot im BACK!!!

(the novels)

red head said...

we should love everybody and love thy neighbor

Kacey! said...

Two things really stuck out to me. The first one is tht Jesus said that people would notice that we are children of God by the way we love each other. Sometimes, the way I love people doesn't say 'Child of God' on it. I need to work on that. And the other thing is that even though He knew Peter was going to betray Him, He loves him anyway. And even though I've messed up so many times in my life, He always forgives me and helps me get back up on my feet. God is so awesome!

Rachel☺; said...

Pastor Lee, truly has no "E" lol.

Anddd about how my mom called you earlier; the Shriners must be really nice because they said "Of course youre accepted, youre already in our system" and they made us an appointment for September 3rd, already. woww am i lucky

Okay, so, Peters predicament is kinda funny to me.
He was probably thinking after Jesus had told him of Judas' coming betrayal "Ugh, thats awful of Judas" when in a different situation but on the same level, he would do the same.
It reminds me of how we shouldnt get so comfortable with ourselves when we see another Christian make a mistake, because if we are honest, we can say we do as well.

Also, as it says that we are to love one another as Christ loves us; seems like a big commandment to me.
Mannn, if you think about it, loving like Jesus sounds really hard. Were supposed to love those that hurt us and hate us? i guess so! Regardless of what man did to Him, Jesus loved unconditionally which i see people, including myself, struggling with allll the time.

Second thing i see is in verse 35, where, i think, it is saying to be identifiable by love. Can people tell that i am saved by the way i treat other people? Probably not incredibly much... ill try :(

FoOtBaLl XtReMiSt (cary) said...

pastor lee.... please post the list of ppl going to the wilds... i think i might know who my two cents is.

Anonymous said...

who do u think it is

Tylermon33 said...

this starts out by Jesus saying that He was going to go somewhere that the disciples could not go (heaven) and all of the disciples were confused. He also gives a new commandment for His disciples to love one another as He has loved them, that way everyone will know that they were Jesus disciples. since peter was confused from the first comment that Jesus says he ask Jesus were He was going, and He says again that He was going to a place were they can't go but that they can go there later. then (i am not shure if peter was frustrated or not) peter says why can't i go since i would lay down my life for you, then Jesus says that you will deny me three times befor the rooster crows...wow if i was peter i would have been so suprised to hear that from Jesus after saying that he would lay down his life for Him. so we need to love everyone just as Jesus has loved us, which is sometimes really hard especially if we don't like someone but we should at least try.

Anonymous said...

Jesus knew that Peter was going to betray Him that night !that is so AMAZING !!and I know that I don't always show love to people , and I should .

and I was wondering if anyone on here had a mypraize ?

Aznricerunr[PN] said...

Pastor lee brians bday is this Sunday so if you want to come you can but its at Englewood's beach after church like at 1 or whenever you can come most of [PN] is going to be there and a lot of kids from church hopefully but where going to flip and record flips if you can bring your camera and were going to eat so if you have any suggestions call me!!!!!

Jesus was telling his disciples that he was leaving the earth and to love one another like he loved them so that they could show other people how Jesus was. Simon ask where Jesus was going and Jesus said that he couldn't come but he will be there one day. Jesus was talking about heaven. Peter wanted to follow him but couldn't because Jesus had to do this on his own. Peter said that he would die for Jesus and I think thats cool because Jesus was going to die for all of us. I don't really understand the rooster and crow but Josh if you could tell me I would be thankful. This passage is telling us how we need to love everyone like Jesus did because we are suppose to live our life's like Jesus would and wouldn't hate others he would always be kind and loving

FoOtBaLl XtReMiSt (cary) said...

lol :)

FoOtBaLl XtReMiSt (cary) said...

just wanted to see if my new pic. worked

Rachel☺; said...

ditto

Anonymous said...

HELLO!!
and Pastor Lee it feels good to be back on here!!! lol
Ok so this is a good passage..short but has a long meaning! it's talking about how...i guess that we are all little children of God and he will love us no matter what♥ and we need to love our friends, our eneimes, and everyone around just as Christ loved each and every one of us!

Amy :) said...

Hey Pastor Lee and other people on. I'm back from the Wilds, I got back on Saturday! I had so much fun. The new mini golf thing is so much fun. O thats another thing I want to do whenever i go with you guys maybe whenever i get my paycheck!! I talk to you tomorrow night!!

Ok devo time

Whenever you where talking about being loving or spitful and hateful, well @ the Wilds they talk about Joseph and his life and how his brothers where soooooo mean and hateful towards him but he was still loving and not hateful towards his brothers. Are you a Joseph or are you one of his brothers? We should'nt deny our lord but we do during the day, do we tend to be selfish and doing anything to get the wants of the flesh. Or do we go on doyourdevotions.com and serve the Lord by doing your devotions? Your endings r like the best.....EVER!!! I would die for Christ if I saw him do all of those wonderful things to me or the people around me. Would you die to self or Serve the Lord?

Anonymous said...

Aha ha
Pattern shmatern, got a early one on ya pastor Lee. Time to start over. I will make a profile after you get me. you only have till the wilds trip, heats on brother....

Good for you Brook, I'll pray that you keep growing closer to God. Be that example, make a difference.

I must be confused! When I think of the word disciple, I think of someone strong and faithful. At the point were at in John, it seams like the whole clan is falling apart.
Like most of you have already said, I think that Jesus is showing us that we all make mistakes (even his disciples) and Jesus loves us unconditionally.
Loving one another like Christ loved is a awesome way to be a great witness. You never know who is watching. The love we show to others can obviously have a impact on that person. It's the people that quietly watch and sometimes judge us by our actions that are sometimes more affected for good or worse.
yall have a good night...

Anonymous said...

Hey Josh why is your name red head your hair is orange.

I think that I should start loving people more insteading of thinking people are jerks and noobs. I want to be more like Christ because he wants to do the best for me.

Jessica M said...

Peter did deny Jesus though but we don't find this out until later passages.
Application: We are to follow Christ in the way of the cross! He says to love one another as He loved us first and also we should love HIM back becasue HE has laid down HIS life for our sake! I guess Jesus was trying to pepare Peter and the others on what lies ahead. But Peter said that hw eould never deny Christ! Do we say the same thing and than turn around and in certain situations turn our back on HIM? think about it!

cya you guys tomorrowwww!!!

P.S my birthday is one week from tomorrow!!!

Mallory B (basketball team) said...

yea...my 6th time on!!! HAPPY 1 week till tomorrow birthday Jessica!!! I cant wait till the wilds Pastor Lee [thanks] for convincing me 2 go!!!

So in this passage Jesus gives us a new cammandment that we should love one another as he has loved you.So basically to me this means that just like Jesus knew Peter would betray him he still loved him and we should love our enimies even if they hate us too!!! Also Jesus says that the rooster will not crow until you claimed you dont know me 3 times!

I will c everyone 2moro!!! And can we also have a list of whos goin 2 the wilds so that its easier to figure out who my 2 cents is(some ppl in the youth group thank its sylvia)this is possible!!bye

Anonymous said...

Ok so Peter said he would lay down his life for Jesus but then i later passage he goes on and denies that hre even knows Jesus but it guess we would all do that in some way or another.
And i think Jesus was saying im leaving but here is something you can do while im gone.
P.S.I will cya u all 2marrow if ur not there then u really are gonna miss out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in K C U R wondering... said...

sorry I'm late doing my devos. I had read the passage a couple of times yesterday, but got side tracked w/ a couple little things
b4 I could write anything...
Some time ago, I heard a preacher on the radio talk about lovinh others as Jesus loves us. He said something like this: say I'm looking to buy a new pair of jeans. After much search I finally find the perfect one, it's everything I was looking for, but it costs like $200.00, but I still want to buy it because I love myself. Then I think to myself: I'll buy 2 pairs of Jeans, 1 4 me and 1 4 my neighbor, because I love him/her just as much as I love myself".
How many of us would do that?

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!