SUNDAY, May 3rd, 2009

Hey guys, sorry about yesterday, I was gone from a computer the whole day. Well anyhow, I appreciate you guys being faithful, its always good to see!


Psalm 38

1 O LORD, do not rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your wrath.
2 For your arrows have pierced me, and your hand has come down upon me.
3 Because of your wrath there is no health in my body; my bones have no soundness because of my sin.
4 My guilt has overwhelmed me like a burden too heavy to bear.
5 My wounds fester and are loathsome because of my sinful folly.
6 I am bowed down and brought very low; all day long I go about mourning.
7 My back is filled with searing pain; there is no health in my body.
8 I am feeble and utterly crushed; I groan in anguish of heart.
9 All my longings lie open before you, O Lord; my sighing is not hidden from you.
10 My heart pounds, my strength fails me; even the light has gone from my eyes.
11 My friends and companions avoid me because of my wounds; my neighbors stay far away.
12 Those who seek my life set their traps, those who would harm me talk of my ruin; all day long they plot deception.
13 I am like a deaf man, who cannot hear, like a mute, who cannot open his mouth;
14 I have become like a man who does not hear, whose mouth can offer no reply.

15 I wait for you, O LORD; you will answer, O Lord my God.
16 For I said, "Do not let them gloat or exalt themselves over me when my foot slips."
17 For I am about to fall, and my pain is ever with me.
18 I confess my iniquity; I am troubled by my sin.
19 Many are those who are my vigorous enemies; those who hate me without reason are numerous.
20 Those who repay my good with evil slander me when I pursue what is good.
21 O LORD, do not forsake me; be not far from me, O my God.
22 Come quickly to help me, O Lord my Savior.




Verse 15 is one thing we talked about on Wednesday night! Wait for the Lord! He will answer!

If you feel like God isn't giving you an answer, even after you waited a while, then just remember this:

God is outside of time. He doesn't go by when we want Him to act, He does it when He feels the situation will have the best positve outcome. So just as if your wondering something like why God doesnt heal the recession now, its because He will do it when He thinks it will be the most approprieate time.

Wait on the Lord! It will be worth the wait!

-Michael

3 comments:

AngelWings said...

This passage tells us that we need to wait on the Lord for answers in difficult situations. And we need to remember that God will help us find the answers we've been looking for if we just wait. He knows when the perfect situation is right, just like Michael said: he gives us the answers when he feels the situation will have the best optomistic outcome. Verse 17 "For I am about to fall, and my pain is ever with me."..I can think of quite a few situations right now when I have felt like that, like you just don't know what direction you are going in, I'm sure we all have felt like that, life isn't always perfect-we need to save that for Heaven- But God will also guide us ALWAYS when we have faith in him. And we might have to wait months, maybe even years on answers, but God will bestow them upon us at the right moment in time. And verse 8-9 are telling us when we feel the pain from the heart, we need to remember that God knows EXACTLY what we are going through and if we ask him for help, he will help us. If you look at Isaiah 40 verse 31, it states "But thy that WAIT upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Like I said, I was facing a few different siuations this week, but when I prayed about them, I felt better.
~Victoria
*Getting Baptized May 17th, so excited!!!:D

♥Music♫GivesMeLife♥ said...

Yay Victoria!! I also am getting baptized May 17th!! :)
And I LOVE LOVE LOVE that verse from Isaiah that you put up, Victoria!! <3
and I love this passage also, so much!!! It definitely applies to me! I have felt like this, like 'don't punish me anymore than you already have, I'm feeling bad enough, everyone hates me already.. I am in pain.'
Something like that.
Just pray to the Lord, and He WILL answer.
Even if it takes YEARS for Him to get back to you, He WILL answer your prayers.
<3

AngelWings said...

Emily: Glad we're getting Baptized on the same day! And Thank you! I know ExAcTlY what you're feeling. Also I should have wrote this comment yesterday that relats to this passage, I just heard this cool new saying 'Live like it's Heaven on Earth.' That will definately keep me going forward :)

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!