MONDAY, May 4th, 2009

Psalm 39



1 I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me.
2 I was dumb with silence, I held my peace, even from good; and my sorrow was stirred.
3 My heart was hot within me, while I was musing the fire burned: then spake I with my tongue
,
4 LORD, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is: that I may know how frail I am.
5 Behold, thou hast made my days as an handbreadth; and mine age is as nothing before thee: verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity. Selah.
6 Surely every man walketh in a vain shew: surely they are disquieted in vain: he heapeth up riches, and knoweth not who shall gather them.
7 And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee.
8 Deliver me from all my transgressions: make me not the reproach of the foolish.
9 I was dumb, I opened not my mouth; because thou didst it.
10 Remove thy stroke away from me: I am consumed by the blow of thine hand.
11 When thou with rebukes dost correct man for iniquity, thou makest his beauty to consume away like a moth: surely every man is vanity. Selah.
12 Hear my prayer, O LORD, and give ear unto my cry; hold not thy peace at my tears: for I am a stranger with thee, and a sojourner, as all my fathers were.
13 O spare me, that I may recover strength, before I go hence, and be no more.

Wow! There is so much great content in this passage, but I will only type about verse one for right now... think about this, I WILL TAKE HEED!! I will pay attention and BE SO CAREFUL SO THAT I DO NOT SIN WITH MY TONGUE!!!!

It is so easy to sin with our tongue, by lying, exagerating the truth, being proud, being fake, on and on... it is so easy to sin with my tongue!! Have you sinned with your tongue today? Probably if you have not been careful!! How do you refain from sinning with your tongue?? TAKE HEED!!!

Be CAREFUL WITH EVERY WORD THAT YOU SAY!!!!!!

Dont just be a blabber mouth... take heed about what words you speak.

3 comments:

AngelWings said...

Yes!! I have said things that may have hurt others feelings throughout the days, and I know why: I wasn't thinking things out before I spoke them. In this case, my shyness can help me 'think' things through more before I say something. So this passage does a great job of reminding us that even things that come out of our mouths can be VeRy sinful. Verse 4 is saying that we can be upset and just down about everything sometimes. We've ALL had those days, but if you look at verse 7, it is telling us that there is always hope. So no matter how bad things get, we can ALWAYS ask our Lord, and our savior Jesus Christ to help us. They will be there for those who are faithful, and mend the most difficult of situations that we may face!
~Victoria

Godservant said...

James 3:6 "The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell."

This verse goes along with psalm 39! your mouth is the most powerful part of your life, and you can use it for good or evil; just like when Spider-Man got his powers, he had the choice, to use it for good or evil.

Though Spidey doesn't exist ): he is perfect picture for this. God gave us powers, and they were gifts, because He loves us, and wanted to create us in His image, and it would be nice if we could use our God-given powers for good, like He originally intended.

♥Music♫GivesMeLife♥ said...

Exactly, Victoria! I always seem to start out with 'exactly' when you post before me xD
I know what you mean about the shyness helping you to think things through, it definitely helps.
Yeahh.. Whenever I am in a talkative mood, I need to remember this passage and work on it. Sometimes I do exaggerate, and sometimes I talk about people without thinking if that person would want me to talk about it...and sometimes I just start talking about it and then realize I shouldn't be, but then that person wants to know and I was just a big blabbermouth and I feel stupid. But anyway, be careful what you say, think before you say it! Think before you speak, like EVERY TEACHER has told you before!!! Well, almost every teacher...
Obey the Lord, listen to Him. Be careful of what you say, and think of what image it will bring to other people and if you should really be saying it.
Also, what annoys me is 'oh look at my new phone!' 'so I deff got new stuff this weeeeeeeekk.'
ughh like that California accent or whatever it is! It just annoys me. especially when people brag about new things they got when others can't have the same privelege and we're not all SPOILED like they are!!!
Oh wow I'm getting off topic. ANYWHO yeah be careful of what you say so that you don't expel sin from your tongue.

Leaving for Tennessee tonight, wish I could come to church tomorrow, but I can't
:( probably won't be there Sunday either :/
but regardless, I'll see everyone on the following Wednesday!! <3
:)

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!