MONDAY, May 11th, 2009

How was your monday been? Just remember, only 3 weeks left!



16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.



Wow, I have never seen anything as awesome as what I'm about to say (Exaggeration). Verse 22 actually gives a strait out definition of what an antichrist is! I've rarely see the bible give an answer where you know exactly what it means the second you read it!

Anyway, an antichrist is, like the verse says, a person who denies Christ. Do you know of anyone like that? Are you?

I hope the answer the the 2nd question was no, but only you and God know the answer to it, not me. Was yes your answer to first question? if so, this is for you. Everyone has different views about what they believe, only that Christ is the only God, and there are no others. You need to talk to your friend in a loving manner and first find out why they deny Christ, and only then can you get to the source of how to go about changing their mind.

It only works through prayer!

2 comments:

♥Music♫GivesMeLife♥ said...

Wow this sort of does apply to me, my answers are yes and no. lol. like I talked about before, I have an Atheist friend, I believe a couple actually. Maybe some I don't even know about.
That's awesome how it tells you flat out what the antichrist is :)
God promised us eternal life with Him in Heaven, why would we deny Him?
The last verse is saying that if you know Him and know that He is righteous, then you must know that anyone who follows Him in His righteous ways must be righteous also. Sort of like a math problem. Therefore, if x equals y, then b must be equal to x. or whatever.
:D
see you at church tomorrow I'll be there this week! =]
:D

AngelWings said...

Internet wasn't working yesterday :/ Anyways, this passage really helps us give a great understanding of what an antichrist is. (Verse 22) I know about two of my friends who are Atheists and I just want to tell them what they are missing out on: God's glory! I have even talked to one of them about it. And my one other friend is indeed a Christian and she goes to church, but she does not have that relationship with God. But there is one good thing that we can do to help those people around us: Pray for them!! And instead of hating your enemies, pray for them! You even see them struggling most of the time because they aren't faithfully trusting and praising God. I know I trust in him and everything that he does. I owe God everything for the wonderful things he has done for me! we would all be a complete mess. I thankful that he blessed us with the promise of eternal life! I don't know why some people aren't thankful for that....
Like verse 29 says, those who believe that The Lord is righteous, shows that they really believe and they really care!

Emily, your math confuses me! lol
~Victoria

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!