FRIDAY May 22nd, 2009

Hi! It's Victoria. Yay this is my first time doing the Devos. I'll try my best Let's see how it goes :)



1The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth;
2For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever.
3Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
4I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.
5And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
6And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.
7For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
9Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
12Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.
13The children of thy elect sister greet thee. Amen.



Oakie Day, this passage is like a plea that the reader's of John's Letter will believe and love God and his son Jesus who has paid for all of our sins. As verse 7 + 10 say, this chapter is telling us to make sure that we do not listen to false teachers who are trying to teach the wrong, not exact, information about the Bible.

As you look at verse 6, John writes and describes love not as an emotion, but something much greater: showing faithfulness to God: we will find God's love by keeping the commandments close to us and by following them. Not only by believing, but showing it in our actions as well. I can somtimes tell when someone is a Christian or not. Those who ARE Christians have that certain 'light' and optomistic effect to them, and cares deeply of those around, those who sadly aren't Christians always seem like they are down about something..know what I mean? It is because they aren't familiar by the true joy from Jesus Christ so it is our job as Christians to show others around us how greatly he love us!

So don't be decieved by the abomination-false teachers, such as evolutionists. There may be quite a few in this world, so lets start spreading them the gospel of the RIGHT information! Amen?

~Victoria

4 comments:

Godservant said...

Good job Victoria! I couldn't have done better!

Now, if you tell a lost person everything Victora just said, you would more than likely get a reaction that means ignorance.

See, lost folks follow the world too much, and just as the bible says, "Greater is He that is in you than he who is in the world." The 2nd half of that verse is telling us their is someone in the world that is powerful, however, there is a Man who is in you that is a great deal stronger than he who is in the world. Everyone wants what society stresses out to us, because there is someone who is in the world (Satan) and he wants no one to come to Christ, so he gets people brainwashed so they won't accept Christ, and they turn to a little something called ignorance. I hate ignorance.

AngelWings said...

Yay! Thank you! you and Emily do a great job at explaining out things:)

♥Music♫GivesMeLife♥ said...

Aw thanks Victoria and you did a great job! =]
haha 'Oakie Day' xDD
OMG I couldn't agree with you more about that 'optimistic light' that Christians have!! I know SEVERAL Christians (that don't go to Suncoast) at school, and they are all very nice and funny and enjoying life! =]
I noticed that once I really accepted Jesus as my savior and became a better Christian that I was enjoying life much more! :D
:)

AngelWings said...

Thank you guys!! And yeah..I say 'Oakie Day' alot lol! I think those faithful maintain that Optimistic Light because we have The Lord in our lives, so I think that is how I'll describe us Christians:)

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!