WEDNESDAY, April 22nd, 2009

You guys are awesome!! You seem to write books when you do your devotions, man you definetly give a whole lot more info than I ever have!! Keep it up!


Psalm 35

1 Plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me.
2 Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for mine help.
3 Draw out also the spear, and stop the way against them that persecute me: say unto my soul, I am thy salvation.
4 Let them be confounded and put to shame that seek after my soul: let them be turned back and brought to confusion that devise my hurt.
5 Let them be as chaff before the wind: and let the angel of the LORD chase them.
6 Let their way be dark and slippery: and let the angel of the LORD persecute them.
7 For without cause have they hid for me their net in a pit, which without cause they have digged for my soul.
8 Let destruction come upon him at unawares; and let his net that he hath hid catch himself: into that very destruction let him fall.


Verse 1 hit me with what Jesus said when He was here on Earth, over 2 thousand years ago. He said something like this: "When you feel like the world hates you, just remember, the world hated Me first." So in other words, Whenever someone fights you or just plain out hates you, they probably hate Jesus as well. Why? Probably they grew up in a household of hate and grew up to hate. The reasons vary. That really isn't the point though. Just always remember, the world hated Christ first not you, so you may feel a little bettter that your Lord was hated just like you were, OR THINK YOU ARE! And remember that Christ's opinion about you matters, not everyone else's!

See you tonight, and write another book if you want! (:

-Michael

1 comment:

McCue said...

Check it out. I can't stand Satan. I abhor him I wish he would forget about me because I am the Lord's and Jesus is my salvation. Satan get's just as angry when we begin to make forward progress, he will use people, idols, things, anything as a tool to get us to lose grip. That's why we have this to guide us, this amazing word. Verse 3, great illustration God really will protect us, he will stand up with his buckler all heroic, and guard our hearts. Now I don't know about you guys but I feel like I am my worst enemy sometimes. Even when you don't feel that way It's is hard to set apart "enemies" from just ordinary people who make mistakes. I can't tell who to consider my enemy. Maybe I am not around people who try to hurt me a lot. So part of this makes me wonder who really is my enemy. I would think not only is an enemy someone who doesn't like you, or tries to hurt you, but an enemy can simply be someone who draws you away from God. Which is hard to accept because that mean some of our friends aren't actually friends. In any case, Whether it be yourself, or a friend, or an obvious enemy the passage centers around confounding our enemies, putting them to shame. Verse 3 is my favorite because David says let our enemies know-Satan included- that God is our salvation and what a mighty force He is to save.
Thank the Lord for salvation thank him for his presence even when we feel disconnected.
Thank him for our shield.

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!