THURSDAY, April 23rd, 2009

Hey guys! Good to see you guys being faithful on here!

Psalm 35

9 And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD: it shall rejoice in his salvation.
10 All my bones shall say, LORD, who is like unto thee, which deliverest the poor from him that is too strong for him, yea, the poor and the needy from him that spoileth him?
11 False witnesses did rise up; they laid to my charge things that I knew not.
12 They rewarded me evil for good to the spoiling of my soul.
13 But as for me, when they were sick, my clothing was sackcloth: I humbled my soul with fasting; and my prayer returned into mine own bosom.
14 I behaved myself as though he had been my friend or brother: I bowed down heavily, as one that mourneth for his mother.
15 But in mine adversity they rejoiced, and gathered themselves together: yea, the abjects gathered themselves together against me, and I knew it not; they did tear me, and ceased not:
16 With hypocritical mockers in feasts, they gnashed upon me with their teeth.
17 Lord, how long wilt thou look on? rescue my soul from their destructions, my darling from the lions.
18 I will give thee thanks in the great congregation: I will praise thee among much people.

It is very wise to remind ourselves as David did that we are to be joyful in the Lord... David had a lot to complain about if anybody did... Think about what is going on in His life, God told Him that he was the king over Israel, but the old king, wants to Kill David. Ouch! David knew exactly what it was like to be attacked and beat up on by the world.

I know many of you know the same thing: I was thinking about what we talked about last night. This passage tells us that false witnesses did rise up and caused all kinds of trouble and hard times for David... the same thing happens at school for you guys! There are things that you are being taught everyday that are leading you away from Gods truth and you are given tests all the time where you have to answer questions with falacies instead of truth!

I know how difficult that is!

In verse 13 we see what David did, he said: As for me, I am going to focus on God and PRAY!!! That is the best way to get victory in these struggles! Pray!

Have you prayed today? What about yesterday? Well, do it now! Ask for Gods help as you go to school, as you come home, as you go to work, and as you do anything else that you do! PRAY!

4 comments:

Godservant said...

It is amazingly discusting how the schools teach all this false doctrine. Maybe that is why we have all these teens and grown aldults that don't want God, because they have been taught and brought up in a world that teaches them the opposite! So amazingly discusting! It is just so.... indescribable how people would want anything besides God... WHY?! What are they accomplishing in life? WHAT? Just blows my mind. ):

AngelWings said...

Like it states in the Ecclesiastes, we will find the true joy from God, just like David had once he put all of his focus on him. This passage reminds me (specifically verses 15-17) exactly of what we were talking about last night, like Pastor Lee said. I have had quite a few teachers teach us the evolution thing and it just doesn't make any sense to me at all that people think that everything about us has evolved-that's not true! God created us. sometimes you will hear teachers go on about the whole process and sometimes you just want to say to them, "hey, why don't you let me tell the class the truth?" but you don't want to cause a big arguement with the teacher.. If it were up to me, I'd require every school to have bible classes so no one would be given any false information about how we were created. From everything going on in this day in age, we tend to sometimes go astray but we need to remember how important it is to be in God's word and set our herats on him and focus on what he is saying to us. Praying is very important, I like that in verse 13 that David had set his focus on God and he prayed:) And sometimes when I forget to pray or haven't opened up and read his word in a few days it feels like I'm farther away; know what I mean? That's why I'm turning ALL of my focus on God and his words because I know I want to learn more and more and grow stronger in faith. I'm finding myself praying at varying times during the day, especially in class when I'm around those who just don't believe any more since schools are teaching false information. My new saying "Praying is the soulution to everything!"
Amen.
~Victoria

Lucy;♥ said...

Haha im such a loser, im cracking up about how in verse 10 it says "all my bones shall say" haha bones don't talk LOl! wow.. but i know its like an expression..
anywho, onto devotions
Verse 11 i like a lot. Its basically saying that we as christians are hearing and seeing stuff that is "false" around us everyday and if we keep hearing it we might end up believeing it and question our faith... we just gotta know and pray how to strong and not give into that trash! haha lol

McCue said...

One point for me. Pray more. We should all be constantly talking to God. Right when we wake up, before we eat, when we drive to school. If we don't speak to God we have a hard time growing closer right? Also ask and you shall receive so if there is a problem in your life and you don't ask for help then guess what, It's going to get harder.

Buffalo Wild Wings Reward Activity!! Thanks for being faithful!

Stay Faithful and Join us Next Time!